PDA

View Full Version : Knowing how much damage you'll make beforehand

cheezoh
02-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi,

I'm pretty new to these kinds of games and have a few doubts regarding the numbers that pop up after you attack someone.

1) When I attack someone, I see a small number "fly out". The higher the number the better the attack, but this number seems to have no direct relation with any number in the stats when I right-click. If I hit someone and the number 10 flies out, shouldn't a number in the stats be decremented by 10?

2) Sometimes the fly-out number is marked in yellow with a red star-like background. What does this mean?

3) A somewhat unrelated question. Sometimes my battles start in auto-play mode and I can't seem to be able to grab control of the game for like two turns. Is this a setting of sorts?

Thanks,
Cheezoh

Dabrinko
02-02-2009, 12:40 PM
The numbers that fly out are the hitpoints decreased in the enemy. Green numbers mean hitpoints healed. Hitpoints are displayed in the unit information, but if a unit dies, the hitpoints for the next unit is shown.

The yellow with red means that you scored a critical hit, double damage! Happens occasionly depending on abilities and Morale.

Go to options in the main menu and check if you have autocombat enabled. Otherwise, the enemy troops could have more initative than your troops. The enemy then have their turns before your first.

travelingoz
02-04-2009, 03:36 AM
You can also use the ALT key in battle mode. It will display all of the troops health and what order their turns will come.

cheezoh
02-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh I see. Thanks for the info guys. It helped a lot and now the game is much more enjoyable.

I have another question, though. You know when you shoot a ranged attack that the pointer turns to an arrow? Why is it that sometimes the pointer turns into a BROKEN arrow? (I can shoot all the same).

Zonc
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
This is range penalty as i know it's -50% dmg

And your question about "autocombat": i guess it is becouse you fight against wolves, their "cry wolf" ability makes some of your troops uncontrollable (mostly humanoids)

cheezoh
02-05-2009, 04:32 PM
This is range penalty as i know it's -50% dmg

And your question about "autocombat": i guess it is becouse you fight against wolves, their "cry wolf" ability makes some of your troops uncontrollable (mostly humanoids)

So THAT'S what's going on! :mad:

Oh, that's why computer archers are always stepping forward a little before shooting... cool...

Thanks!