PDA

View Full Version : King's Bounty The Legend and SecureROM

RobtheBlob
01-29-2009, 05:58 PM
I have bought King’s Bounty The Legend, and have to reboot, eject and insert the DVD usually over 20 times for my DVD player to detect it.

I am a games geek and have never had this problem with any other game, and I've got a LOT of games.

None of them have the SecuROM application built into it.

This is getting past a joke, it is a game I have paid for, and I can’t play (well, not without at least 20 minutes of reboots, eject and re-inserts and screaming at the DVD).

I understand in this age of “Piracy” game makers have to protect their games, but as an owner of over 200 games and 800 movie DVD’s I am NOT one of them.

Unfortunately, being in the UK, the only way I could buy it is a "physical" copy, and not through Steam / Digital Download / Direct2Drive / etc

I'd really like a response from 1C please. I'm not interested in the NoCD patches out there.

1C, couldn't you have gone with a live activation code or similar ... surely that would have been cheaper then incorporating SecrueROM on the DVD.

My 5 year old son loves the graphics and the game play and "assists" me in combats ... but having to tell him after 20 minutes, sorry we can't play it and have him crying does not make me a happy "Dad", it is heartbreaking.

If I could download it and give this physical copy back with a refund, that would be great ...

Please 1C, what can be done ???

Thanks,

Rob

Karel
02-26-2009, 01:19 PM
Hello Rob,

sorry to hear that..

Try contacting Securom support, they should be able to help you - http://www.securom.com/support.asp

Also, did you patch the game? Who is publisher of your game? Is it Atari? (see your game`s box)

Metroplex
02-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Maybe the problem isn't the DVD itself, it is you DVD player! You probably have a cheap, old one that can't recognise this type of game DVD structure.
I have never had a problem with my PC DVD player recognising my KB game disc or any other game disc I have for that matter, only DVD's that are cracked, dirty, or scratched too deeply can't be read by it.
So what I recommend is test the game in another PC and see if you still have the same problem, buy yourself a new DVD player, now they are dirt cheap and can be installed quite easily.
Clean the DVD with water and some hand soap and let dry, that is what I do when my DVD gets dirty and can't be read by the laser, if all this fails go to the store where you bought it from and exchange the disc.:)

CoolHandNuke
10-10-2009, 07:49 AM
Hey Rob. I'm sure you've moved on by now, but I just came across this thread last night when I was having similar problems, and thought I would let you know how I worked around it in case it might help. I was playing along just fine until I got the crash when you try to turn in the Leviathan quest to marry Mirabella. So, I downloaded the current patch (1.7), and once it installed the game started telling me I didn't have the right CD in the drive, even though I did. So I went to the official game site http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/legend/patches.php and grabbed the older patch, the 1.6.5 one, and it both fixed the crash and let me launch the game. Hope this helps.