PDA

View Full Version : Spells and skills for warrior

xmas_critter
01-25-2009, 06:09 PM
I am lvl 10 warrior, i would like to know what kind of skills I should learn in the magic tree because I only use scrolls atm but I take pretty heavy losses and maybe if I get few spells I could limit them.

Ryastar
01-25-2009, 06:39 PM
As a warrior, i would recommend distortion magic the highest, though order is useful as well. Don't focus on chaos magic, because your int will be too low to cast most of those spells effectively. Try to max distortion ASAP, distortion magic is based around messing with troops stats, position, number etc. useful (possibly even essential) distortion spells to look out for: trap, haste, slow, phantom, magic shackles, teleport, target, blind, pygmy... and others, likely, but all those spells are highly useful, and their use should be fairly obvious once you get them, i won't bore you with an in-depth tactical analysis of each spell.

Another good way to reduce losses is by ressurecting those that die, there are several ways to do this: 1. the ressurection spell, which is nice if you can find it, and requires order magic. 2. sacrifice, a chaos magic spell that damages one of your own stacks to increase the numbers of another stack (there are too many strategies for sacrifice to mention, try searching the forum to find some of them). again, this relies on actually finding the spell. 3. the creature "inquisitors". They have an ability that ressurects troops based on the # of inquisitors you have. Sadly, it only has one use per batttle, but the spell "gift" (order magic), if cast on them, will give them another charge.

Hope all that helps :)

xmas_critter
01-27-2009, 12:43 AM
I got Distortion to level 3 what do you suggest now?

Dabrinko
01-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Find and learn those spells he suggested.

xmas_critter
01-27-2009, 11:27 AM
I meant if I should get Order or Chaos magic too, I have those spells he mentioned aside from pygmy and so far all of them have came in handy

Dabrinko
01-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Do you feel that you can afford order, then do so. Remember that you need a lot of crystals to learn and upgrade the spells as well as learning order.

I'm using a a paladin and I use Order spells every single combat, so I think it's good.

xmas_critter
01-27-2009, 11:30 PM
quick question, does the amount of monsters in enemy troops increase after each day? I made it to the Dwarf Castle in Kondor but all troops are match or strong to me and my day count is like 30

Dabrinko
01-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Nah, they are all predetermined when you start a new game. Enemy troops don't grow, but neither do yours (except the "hordes", which are in endless supply).

xmas_critter
01-28-2009, 12:05 PM
ok, then I'll start killing random troops to gain some strenght so that every battle wouldn't be a struggle, also where can I find some strong melee troops like Horseman and Knight atm I have Griffins and Polar Bears... I killed the guards of Greenwort place but they only had 12 horseman for sale... if I advance in main quest can I get them in King's Castle?

Dabrinko
01-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes, after advancing (after opening the Creiston mines, I think) you can buy Horsemen in "hordes" in Greenwort. Well worth it.

xmas_critter
01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
what about inquisiators, I currently have 66 but I have leadership that would allow 20 or so more but I have depleted all the sources for them in the 1st big map/Islands. I currently keep them in reserve/use in smaller fights fearing new places where I can get them in hordes won't come up. there is one possiblity that I havent tried yet: the mage in Greenwort has a quest where he wants few monsters delivered to him, when I do that can I buy them in hordes?

Dabrinko
01-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Can't ever buy inquisitors in hordes.

After Deathlands, however, you can buy priests in hordes in the temple (in Greenwort) and upgrade them to inquisitors if you have the skill. There are also a few Inquisitors around in the Marshan Swamp (Furious the paladin) and Verlon Forest (the mage tower, where you get the rage box)

Sometimes even in Ellinia.

Otherwise, one basic tactic to re-grow your troops is to either hypnotise an enemy troop and then use the spell sacrifice on them. OR Sacrifice one of your own troops, preferably a replenishable (available in "hordes").

Metathron
01-28-2009, 03:29 PM
I think you get an unlimited supply of horsemen only after completing the dwarven treaty.

xmas_critter
02-02-2009, 12:05 PM
what army should I assemble for Demonis? any nice unit combos to suggest? btw I went for the Inqusition skill, really worthless so far, because Inqusiators suck vs anything that isn't undead :/ or am I using them wrong :S could have used those mind runes for tolerance/Dark Commander to get some Demon/Hunter action going on ..

Dabrinko
02-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Well, except for undeads, the inquisitor are not that good, offensively. However, their resurrection (works for lvl 5-creatures) is double awesome. In deathlands...inquisitors are invincible. They killkillkill everything undead that moves, I took down "fatal" heroes with minimuml loss.

I play a paladin and the mind runes are always in abundance... If you want tolerance, you get it sooner or later.

I used standard cookie-cutter Sprites, Dryads, Green Dragons, Shamans, Hunters for most in demonis, but I switched to all demons when battling all the dragons in the labyrinth and Ultrax.

I found the trident that reduces leadership for demons (-30%) so I could get a lot more of things with them. And very good against dragons.