PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Jekyll and Hyde
01-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi,

I intend to buy this great game also being a lover of HoMaMV, but it has to be from a high street store in the UK, but I read someone else here saying that play.com has the game listed as being out, but I have monitored the site all day on and off, just to be sure that come the 16th it will be out, Birthday treat but Play.com says the normal version is now put back to February and the Collectors Edition is still on course for the 16th this Friday.

I am puzzled, is the game actually out in the UK or not?

I really hope it is on Friday othewise I will have a miserable Birthday.

Can anyone confirm?

I did type into Play.coms search Kings Bounty just incase there was a previous version, but all that comes back is Kings Bounty-The Legend, and that is the game I want :grin:

Hope someone can clear this up for me

Cheers

Jekyll and Hyde ;)

Gatts
01-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Dear dualpersonalities J&H, let me tell you my dears, that by looking on ebay you may save you birthday.

As this game is single player and most gamers intend to get some money back after they finished this game enough times, they put it on ebay, where you would become the game for less money - and all you would miss, would be the plastic foliage. (Of course if collectors edition is too expensive for ya)

Not to say that you may download the game (but I can understand you would like to have boxed version, rather then downloaded image), but it was downloadable for 19.99$ (13.7 GBP) ... from gamersgate I believe

Jekyll and Hyde
01-15-2009, 09:58 AM
LOL Hello Gatts, yes it sure is a case of dual personalities, not pleasent I can assure you, thanks for that, it made me smile, and not much does :)

Thing is I cannot download it or buy online for reasons that I do not have a card, only cash and my dear ol Mum won't do anything monetary online, due to having been a victim of CC Fraud, plus she is very very very set in her ways, and although I have tried to convince her that not all companies are bad, she won't have any of it, so that has cost me for a start :(

So unless GAME, Zaavi or HMV have it tomorrow I am stuffed literally :(

Thank you for your reply

Jekyll and Hyde ;)

Gatts
01-15-2009, 10:39 AM
That makes sense (not putting money online) I can understand that. Still there are online markets, where you can pay at post (first the package arrives to your local post office, and you pay at picking it up), also you may find someone in you neighborhood (some less then hundred miles away :) ) who is willing to spare the game, so you can pay him, instead of shop clerk... (still we may hope the game will be available by this Friday :) )

And don't forget to be proud of being multipersonalized :
1. you are never alone
2. You are the true pacifist (not killing the other selfs, like so many people do)
3. It can be handy if any large change in environment comes (like Fallout / I am Legend...) you just switch to the more proper/sufficient self, instead long-term adopting procedure
4. You learn multitasking on professional level
5. If you make someone angry or sad, just calm them by "it was not me, it were the others us"
6. You are never alone [you wrote that Gatts already! No I didn't, it was you, Gatts...and I missed it somehow... Shutup you both of you, we need to press "Submit Reply".]

Now seriously : If the shop should really not be resupplied, internet can still provide you with secondary backup plan, even if you do not wish to pay online.

Jekyll and Hyde
01-15-2009, 10:53 AM
I never looked at it like that, but to be honest the Hyde in me is a nasty piece of work, manipulative and much more, could have got beaten to a pulp the other day just for losing it in the street, happens alot.

Anyway, there's alot more to my situation than Hyde, if it was only him then I might be able to cope better, but I don't want to bore you to tears here about this, but I understand what you mean :)

If only I knew someone yes, but I do not have any friends, hardly surprising that really, considering the fact that people don't want to be friends with a nutter, or Psycho jobby, still their loss lol not lol

I will have to see if I can get to the shop tomorrow and pray they have it for me.

One can but dream :)

Jekyll and Hyde

Gatts
01-16-2009, 12:24 PM
So... any luck with shops restocking on King's Bounty the Legend?

Happy Birthday, anyway!

Jekyll and Hyde
01-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the Birthday greetings, appreciated that :grin:

Sadly GAME did not have it, nor were they that interested in finding anything out for me, but all was not lost as my persuasive powers managed to get my Mum to order the Collectors Edition from Play.com an hour or so ago, so I am a very happy bunny now!! lol

I think she only gave in because of my Birthday, but also wants me to delete the play.com account straight after I get the game, as before I went mad and ordered stuff that she knew nothing about and then I paid the price come bill time, my own fault

I can now look forward to more chats here when I have played the game, no doubt I will have questions, and only late last night did I decide to download and install the demo, I played for only about half an hour, and saw that it ran smoothly and without problems, loved the looks of it (can't understand why one review said that the graphics won't impress anyone, I think they are beautiful and give the game so much personality and oh I can't think of the right words, but you know what I mean I'm sure :grin:

So roll on probably next Friday before it gets here, hopefully much sooner, not sure how it will come by ordinary postmans delivery or parcel force as it is not just your usual size DVD game case.

I hope it is parcel force or something like that as our great postman has been moved from us and tomorrow leaves our neighbourhood, and we get a different one, and each time a new one comes, the deliverys go to the wrong houses quite often!! that would be my typical luck :(

Anyway all's well that ends well...........for now lol

Cheers

Jekyll and Hyde ;)

Gatts
01-19-2009, 10:27 AM
"I think she only gave in because of my Birthday, but also wants me to delete the play.com account straight after I get the game, as before I went mad and ordered stuff that she knew nothing about and then I paid the price come bill time, my own fault"

That is what is Birthday for! So enjoy the collectors edition... and don't worry, in the short period of time you were on internet should nothing happen - only if you are connected through unsafe hub/wifi catcher or your internet provider is nasty bastard and installed "key reader" via trojan horse... but otherwise all info is encrypted and save. And don't worry about your mom not trusting you... she is just caring for ya! You will have your KB tL and that counts!

Jekyll and Hyde
01-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Thanks Gatts,

Funny thing you know, yesterday Sunday, I checked on Play.com, not exepcting it to say anymore until today, and yet last night late I noticed that it had been posted, odd is'nt it? :confused:anyway this morning late it I got the confirmation email, so it is on its way now, but Sunday night saying posted just puzzled me a bit lol

Anyway, I'm looking forward to playing it soon

Cheers

Jekyll and Hyde ;)

Gatts
01-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Maybe they send it from China... :) that would explain it, right?

Jekyll and Hyde
01-19-2009, 05:16 PM
lol Well if they do then I have a hell of a wait!! lol

Trouble is I lost all my patience years ago lol

Gatts
01-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Last time I ordered DDR from Hong-Kong, I nearly forgot about the order, when I got a little note from postman... I came to the post office and ...et voila: my DDR... So after all I was happy twice, when ordering it, and when really getting it... now I see the one month of waiting as funny two seconds... first second full impatience (as I am very impatient myself), the second one as time of oblivion and sweet forgetfulness (as I may forget easily as well)...

Hey, in the email should be ETA, right? check it... I believe it should be less then a week... so no worries :)

Jekyll and Hyde
01-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Well the email said, 3 to 5 days, but usually I get things in about 2 to 3 days, but that was when they had the items in on a Thursday, as this was sent probably this morning (Monday) I don't expect it until Wednesday or Thursday, but I can live with that :grin:

I just hope that I don't get "display driver has stopped working" error, as I get that with alot of my games, I have a GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB card, and for some reason those cards seem to dish this error out alot, I also run Vista 64-Bit (love it) but I read somewhere that Vista Areo can be the cause so I am now testing out alot of my games with that feature off.....so fingers crossed lol

Nice that when you totally forget about something thats coming your way and then one day you get a package and wonder what the hell it is and then as you open it your eagerness to play it is increased ten-fold :)

J&H

Gatts
01-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Vista 64x is tricky O-system, but well, KB is known to run on such OS, so no worries. By buying collectors (boxed) version, you get direct 1C Company support, if needed, also there are now patches available... so I am quite optimistic :)

Jekyll and Hyde
01-20-2009, 12:30 PM
I feel confident more now that Kings Bounty will be ok to, I have spent the last few hours testing games out with the Vista Aero feature off and the driver has stopped responding error seems to have gone, so maybe it was that feature of Vista that is to blame and not the graphics card drivers (as many people on different tech sites have said).....looks that way anyhow.

Do you have the game yet Gatts? I only asked as you said in your last post "I'm quite optimistic" but maybe you meant that for my situation? lol

I got back into playing Heroes of Might and Magic V and the expansions in the meantime and have got right back into it, never actually finished it all, and probably never will, but they are great games and so I am getting in the mood for Kings Bounty The Legend, nice foretaste for whats to come I hope!! :)

J&H ;)

Gatts
01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Yep - I do have the game... but downloaded version (I would die from waiting for boxed version in my country, and I see it too expensive to buy it from US - which was the only option at the game release)

But I do have Windows XP... so I have no experience with Vista of my own...

BTW - I have uploaded on this forum a PDF sheet on "how to tune Vista"... let me search for it, and I will put here the link :)

Found: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=582&d=1231327564

Jekyll and Hyde
01-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Thank you Gatts,

I really appreciate that, most kind of you :)

I have looked at alot of guides for tweaking it, and most don't talk clearly enough and assume that everyone is a technology expert, and I am not one for sure!! lol

How do you find the game for replayability? I know there are three types of character you can play as, but alot of reviews have said that once you've played through it, there is little point in doing it again, or words to that effect, I for my part love to reply games, but sometimes I need that little bit of incentive to want to do it, so will it keep me busy? also the difficulty levels, what changes in the game as regards this?

Sorry for all the questions, just need to keep my enthusiasm going lol :)

J&H

Gatts
01-21-2009, 08:16 AM
How do you find the game for replayability?

There are actually 2 answers:
My personal one: Hugely replay-able , I started playing in NOV 08 and still am playing it... first few days I nearly did not sleep :) and now when I start PC, I play some other games, but then I still will spend some time, even hours playing KG tL ... I like the style/graphics/sound effects, mainly music... for me KB tL become something like "The story before sleep"

Average : as one scenario can take 20~50 hours of real game time, average RPG/Strategy fans play this game twice/thrice (40~100 hours of gameplay, quite a lot, if you divide the price with game hours, you get very effective $,£,€ / time ratio... ), The best motivator to replay the game is A) Try other difficulty, B) Try other character... not to mention C) try new randomness, new game style/battle style, finish all quests, best your own score...etc..

I would rate you above average, so you can have the 100 hours of pure gameplay fun...

I see it like this: If I would play KB tL only once -> spend 40 hours... and I paid 40$ for the game... I pay 1$ for one hour... Where cinema ticket costs cca 4$ (average 2$ / hour) ... When or Where I would be able to see 20 movies that each would make me feel happy in a nearly row, and this all for half price... nowdays the movies are below average quality and I can merely enjoy 1/2 of my time in the cinema... so I pay 4$ for 1 hour fun and one hour of dissapointement... but with KB tL I pay only 1$ per hour, and for 40 hours of pure fun and excitement... so it will pay back for any RPG or STRATEGY (or both) game style likers like quadruple of their investment. Well spend money for fun IMHO.

But I am likely not good example of a player, as I am addictive one. CIVILIZATION 1 I did play for years nearly daily... so if I am awed by a game, my addiction becomes HUGE... still I believe that it would be normal to be strongly motivated to play KB tL at least second time... also there can be a lot of fun for trying the game, play it for some hours, but not finish it, (the startings are mostly the most funny ones - I don't know exactly why, but it is so, methinks)

Jekyll and Hyde
01-21-2009, 05:25 PM
These are all great things to know, and as it finally arrived today I am now off to play and have my adventure truly begin, thanks for all the info Gatts :)

I fully understand what you mean when you talk about money spent on a game and then the amount of game you get for your money, I've had some terrible disappointments, and a fair share of awesome titles, and so I have no doubts now that this will give me plenty of game for my money

Cheers

J&H ;)