PDA

View Full Version : Massive attack: Operation Bodenplatte, flown 64 years later

TUCKIE_JG52
01-14-2009, 12:54 AM
After 2 weeks of preparation, last 01/01/2009, exactly 64 years after the real one (but at a reasonable hour ;)) there has been launched a surprise operation in the Il-2 online skies.

The existence of this mission was only knowm by organisers (spanish III/JG52 squad) the admins of the public Hyperlobby server (EscuadrĂ³n 69, where it took place), and those who were going to fly as attackers.

The target was to destroy the allied air forces on the ground, as Luftwaffe desperately tried on 01/01/1945.

Those who entered into EscuadrĂ³n 69 server and decided to fly as allies found that there were large amounts of static planes (sorry for the respawn problems, it was impossible to test the mission before with so many people connected... if it was supposed to be a surprise attack! ;)).

Mission lasted opened to everybody for 3 hours. Lots of sorties had been made by the end.

Allies found initially bout 35 Luftwaffe pilots, all of them in late Bf-109 and Fw-190 variants (later other planes were flown). Blue pilots were from spanish squadrons as Grij, SG1, III/JG52 or E69.

For the moment, I've done a little trailer of the full video I'll do. I'm still slowly working on the final long one, with far more details of the action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8PftYeEtGU

Coming soon!

wheelsup_cavu
01-17-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks. :)
You peaked my interest, will be glad to see the final cut posted.

Wheelsup