PDA

View Full Version : Patch install invalidates game disc

weza mesame
01-14-2009, 12:05 AM
i just installed what i thought was the correct patch for my retail version of the game,....Maybe it wasn't the correct patch.... the run disc is not recognized as the "original KB disc", the game will not run. Can I uninstall the patch? Can I rescue my game saves if I need to reinstall the game?:confused:

ArgMyLeg
02-15-2009, 08:19 PM
I had this happen before and it still happens, if I patch the game at all it stops working but uninstalling wont kill your save games, right now Im getting a crack for it to see if that works, I dont care about saying it on the forums since they have never responded to a post about this as far as I know

mechnic
02-16-2009, 04:37 AM
I had this happen before and it still happens, if I patch the game at all it stops working but uninstalling wont kill your save games, right now Im getting a crack for it to see if that works, I dont care about saying it on the forums since they have never responded to a post about this as far as I know
Go ahead and download a "crack" then you will be hacked!!! What you have to do is check what version you have and what country you are from, if you download and try to install the wrong patch for the game you have it will screw things up. That is what sux about all these dumb different versions for so many different countrys'. They are trying to protect a game that they won't even support! All ya get from the moderators or sometimes "so called the game programers" is a little fluff; oh "we are running a contest".

The thing is there is a way to tell what version you have and it has to do by you starting the game and looking at the game version below "new game" mine says "version 1.6.5 (build 64688)" and from what I am told it is an Atari build, they have different builds for different languages and countrys.

Grimtaylor
02-27-2009, 12:53 AM
I have installed the official patch for my version 1.6 to 1.7 and i get the same error telling me that the REAL disc i have is not the original game disc when in fact it is. Is there a fixed patch somewhere that won't make my computer think that this isn't the real original disc?

bluefile2
10-11-2009, 02:52 AM
did they ever fix this garbage????