PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the Russian version?

TheCheese33
01-13-2009, 08:44 PM
I really can't wait for this game. If someone could direct me to where I could purchase or download the Russian version, I would be very appreciative.

Nike-it
01-19-2009, 06:05 AM
I really can't wait for this game. If someone could direct me to where I could purchase or download the Russian version, I would be very appreciative.

You can try to purchaise it on Official Russian 1C website: http://online.1c.ru/games/game/3584266/

Also you need russian rubbles to buy it. But I advice you to wait until 20th Feburary, you will get much more fun from the English one (the plot plays great role in Cryostasis).

valerian
04-20-2009, 03:29 AM
You can try to purchaise it on Official Russian 1C website: http://online.1c.ru/games/game/3584266/

Also you need russian rubbles to buy it. But I advice you to wait until 20th Feburary, you will get much more fun from the English one (the plot plays great role in Cryostasis).

Thanks for letting us know. A few weeks ago, I accessed the site, and the game was offered for sale by download for something like RUR300 (USD10). Today I accessed the site, and the game was not offered for sale anymore. Where can I buy it ?

Actually, I am more interested in a boxed DVD version of the game in Russian language. How can I buy it ? (I live in Australia.)

JuggernautOfWar
04-20-2009, 04:29 AM
But I advice you to wait until 20th Feburary, you will get much more fun from the English one.

Why will we get more fun out of it on Feb 20th?

valerian
04-23-2009, 03:08 PM
So, it appears that the administrator does not know where I can obtain a Russian vesion of the game. The problem is that I cannot go to a Russian retailer website and order a boxed DVD version; apparently, posting DVDs out of Russia is against some law. And I do not know any other website where I could buy and download the Russian version.

Nike-it
04-24-2009, 06:28 AM
You can try on-line shop Ozon http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/4185344/, the site states, that it can deliver the product to all countries.

valerian
07-13-2009, 08:58 AM
You can try on-line shop Ozon http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/4185344/, the site states, that it can deliver the product to all countries.
Thank you. I have been checking the website from time to time, but they still do not have it in stock.

Again, where can I buy the Russian version of the game ?

Nike-it
07-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Thank you. I have been checking the website from time to time, but they still do not have it in stock.

Again, where can I buy the Russian version of the game ?

They have it, checked a minute ago.

valerian
08-03-2009, 03:25 PM
OK, so I got the Russian version, and got through about a third of it. To be honest, I was expecting an atmosphere created by yells in the native language (like it was in Stalker), but the voicing was unimpressive. It was rather bland. I could well get an English version, and would not lose on the atmosphere.

The gameplay is uncomplicated and is probably what the first year students in game development would have done. Some people liken it to Penumbra, but it lacks the Penumbra atmosphere, in my opinion. The game lacks polish -- for example, once I slipped into the water (which means death), and the game made an automatic save. (This means each time the game loaded the last save, I died.) The other moment was when I opened the door and hid behind it from the monster. The problem was that I got stuck behind the door. Oh, and I could not get through the introduction stage of the game, the very first seconds -- I was constantly falling through the cracks when trying to get to the icebreaker. That was ridiculous. I had to resume to the walkthrough to get past that stage.

The other thing which confuses me is the mental echo. I just could not relate the actions of the protagonist and the actions of the dead character on the floor during mental echo and during the 'replay' of what was happening on the ship. They are just disconnected in my mind, i do not know where I am going and why. This does not add to the atmosphere, but rather to the confusion.

But the game has some positive moments, too. For example, it was an original find when the protagonist had to fight off the monster trying to climb into his boat.

The game has some influence from Dead Space, however Dead Space was a highly polished game. If Cryostasis was as polished, it would be a winner.

I will finish the game, because I am suitably motivated. However, I told to my gamer friends that they did not lose much by not playing the game.

Xiaopang
08-07-2009, 04:07 PM
OK, so I got the Russian version, and got through about a third of it. To be honest, I was expecting an atmosphere created by yells in the native language (like it was in Stalker), but the voicing was unimpressive. It was rather bland. I could well get an English version, and would not lose on the atmosphere.

I couldn't agree more. I'm a fan of original voice overs. I also had Stalker in mind when thinking about how the russian one might sound, but it was truly unimpressive, yes, even narcotic in some way. In a review I read that the english voice overs were bad, but I thought they were quite good. In the russian version, the captain always sounds like he took a bottle of sleeping pills, while the english voice actor actually emoted. They were trapped in the ice with some serious problems after all. People died constantly, so who would be so ice cold (no pun intended)

The gameplay is uncomplicated and is probably what the first year students in game development would have done. Some people liken it to Penumbra, but it lacks the Penumbra atmosphere, in my opinion.

Well, the gameplay was pretty basic, but it doesn't always have to be as complicated as in Stalker to bring the story across and the story was what drove the game, not the gameplay. As for the athmosphere, I thought the game had plenty of it. You just had to have a feeling for the situation of the falles seafarers

The game lacks polish -- for example, once I slipped into the water (which means death), and the game made an automatic save. (This means each time the game loaded the last save, I died.) The other moment was when I opened the door and hid behind it from the monster. The problem was that I got stuck behind the door. Oh, and I could not get through the introduction stage of the game, the very first seconds -- I was constantly falling through the cracks when trying to get to the icebreaker. That was ridiculous. I had to resume to the walkthrough to get past that stage.

The game sure has its bugs. Luckily, I didn't encounter any when I played the game for the first time. When I played it again, I had the full arsenal though: falling through the level, being pushed tohrough obstacles so that I got stuck etc etc... Still, I have to say that the game is worlds away from being unpolished. After all, the game only had a few critical bugs after its release and that is quite impressive, especially since the release was only delayed by 3 months. Compare that with Stalker, which was delayed for 2 or 3 years and still was buggy as hell when it came out.

The other thing which confuses me is the mental echo. I just could not relate the actions of the protagonist and the actions of the dead character on the floor during mental echo and during the 'replay' of what was happening on the ship. They are just disconnected in my mind, i do not know where I am going and why. This does not add to the atmosphere, but rather to the confusion.

lol that's a personal issue then. I pretty early realized that these echos were only available when I had to overcome an obstacle. Also, the puzzles were rather easy.

The game has some influence from Dead Space, however Dead Space was a highly polished game. If Cryostasis was as polished, it would be a winner.

lol certainly not, otherwise the game would have had to be developed after Dead Space came out and that was clearly not the case. Both games had been in development for years and the first thing you do is to decide the gameplay and layout, so it's clear that all similarities are only coincidental.

I will finish the game, because I am suitably motivated. However, I told to my gamer friends that they did not lose much by not playing the game.

I thought so too while playing it, but the ending turned it around for me.

valerian
08-11-2009, 06:45 AM
I couldn't agree more. I'm a fan of original voice overs. I also had Stalker in mind when thinking about how the russian one might sound, but it was truly unimpressive, yes, even narcotic in some way. In a review I read that the english voice overs were bad, but I thought they were quite good. In the russian version, the captain always sounds like he took a bottle of sleeping pills, while the english voice actor actually emoted. They were trapped in the ice with some serious problems after all. People died constantly, so who would be so ice cold (no pun intended)

I will elaborate what I liked about Stalker. For example, the bandits were saying in the natural voices "Come here, you son-of-a-bitch !" or "Ahh, I caught a bullet". It brought so realistic an impression that I thought I was in the streets of Russia. That was some atmosphere, and I was enjoying it !

But I am not enjoying the atmosphere in Cryostasis. The voices are unimpressive; I experience no immersion. Cryostsis seems to be the game of the same kind as was Penumbra, however Penumbra was a highly atmospheric game. Not so Cryostasis. Is this because it has the same textures all over the place, of bad quality as well ? Or is it because of the enemies regularly jumping at you, so that it because boring ? Anyway, I have already done half of the game, because I rather like the game than not.

Xiaopang
08-11-2009, 09:19 AM
i agree, the voice overs in stalker made up a good deal of the atmosphere alone, while the russian ones in cryostasis are unimpressive. you should try the english, or spanish ones. they are much better.

i also know what you mean with lack of immersion. i experienced the same. it wasn't until the very end, when the story turned everything around for me and made me realize how well done the game was. i aleady stated on another forum that many people will most likely enjoy the game most on the 2nd play through when they know the complete story.

valerian
08-17-2009, 06:01 AM
it wasn't until the very end, when the story turned everything around for me and made me realize how well done the game was.
Well, I finished the game, and wanted to share my opinion. As I have already shared my impression after playing half of the game, I would write it here as well.

You said that the game would make sense by the end and the plot would show its grandioseness, so that I was waiting for it... but nothing happened. I saw no impressive climax. There was an explanation why the ship went into collision (it had to do with the captain), but I would hardly call it "story turning around". And the settings and textures were bland. In short, I was more disappointed by the game than I was impressed.

From the positive sides, though, I would mention that in the past 1/4 of the game, the psychological atmosphere became more intense; that's the reflection of the lives of the Russians themselves. This feature of psychological intensity was unique among its western-made counterparts, and I welcomed this given my background. There was a couple of the genuinely new findings (interaction with the characters on the screen and fighting alongside the boss rather than against -- which I suspect will be picked up by the other developers). Oh, and I was having this annoying bug, when the enemy approaches closer than a certain distance, I fire the weapon, but instead the shot, my weapon switches to another, and I get the constant switching of weapons. With this bug I was able to get through half of the game, but when the game shoved a couple of hard enemies against me, I called it a quit, and activated the godmode.

Xiaopang
08-17-2009, 08:47 AM
never heard of this bug, but this must have sucked. the ending is rather calm and it's not a big bang or anything hollywood like what i meant when i said it made me realize the game's ingenuity. it's merely the fact that all plotlines are combined and you're able to see how perfectly all fits together, so from a designing point of view is was done in an excellent way.

also, i very much liked the fact that the ending was merely used to present a deeper meaning. also, the fact that it turns out that everybody is still dead and that you merely had an impact on everyone's afterlife gave the whole feeling i had while playing the game a twist, because when i played it, i expected something completely different. so the ending is not loud, it's not shiny, it's not some over the top action scene like in most games, but it's calm and very psychological and fits the whole game very well. i can see how not everyone will have changed feelings towards the game after having experienced the ending, but i sure had.

there are some great explanations of the plot on this and other forums. may be checking them out will grant you a deeper look into the philosophical side of the game. it can be easily overlookeddue to the game's nature as an FPS, but it's sure worth it, because if the ending can't make you see the bigger picture of things (and i had a prob with that too at the beginning), then those certainly can.

persoiranian
08-17-2009, 06:37 PM
never heard of this bug, but this must have sucked. the ending is rather calm and it's not a big bang or anything hollywood like what i meant when i said it made me realize the game's ingenuity. it's merely the fact that all plotlines are combined and you're able to see how perfectly all fits together, so from a designing point of view is was done in an excellent way.

also, i very much liked the fact that the ending was merely used to present a deeper meaning. also, the fact that it turns out that everybody is still dead and that you merely had an impact on everyone's afterlife gave the whole feeling i had while playing the game a twist, because when i played it, i expected something completely different. so the ending is not loud, it's not shiny, it's not some over the top action scene like in most games, but it's calm and very psychological and fits the whole game very well. i can see how not everyone will have changed feelings towards the game after having experienced the ending, but i sure had.

there are some great explanations of the plot on this and other forums. may be checking them out will grant you a deeper look into the philosophical side of the game. it can be easily overlookeddue to the game's nature as an FPS, but it's sure worth it, because if the ending can't make you see the bigger picture of things (and i had a prob with that too at the beginning), then those certainly can.

agree. the deep story is important. i liked the ending. especially the credit's song ;)
however the voice acting in original verson is not as good as stalker. the enemies are good enough but could be more and better.overally the game could be alot better but as it is, it's good enough for me and i'm happy with it:grin:

valerian
08-24-2009, 07:33 AM
I forgot to mention. I had a look at the videoclips of gameplay of the English language version. The English voicing was even less inspiring than the Russian voicing.