PDA

View Full Version : Works before patch, doesnt start after patch

Annex
01-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Just picked up the retail Atari published version. Game works great without the patch. However as soon as I apply the 1.65 Atari only patch, the game does not start afterwards. For a split second my cursor changes to a spinning cdrom disc and thats it. The games exe file disappears from task manager and there are no errors or notifications of any sort. System is a XP Pro SP2 with a GeForce 8800 GTS running 180 series drivers.

Annex
01-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Actually I can get it to work by ejecting the CD, running the game, getting the "no CD found" prompt, reinserting CD and then clicking retry. Then the game works fine. So its obviously some screwup with the copy protection (why do these games still use this nonsense?). Anyone know how I can fix this?

Gatts
01-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Yep -- the copy protection is too strong, and does collide and even collapse with some other, normal programs. I heard that maybe newer patch should work better, but of course it is not a favored move, to lower the protection... and it is not easy to let the protection level as is, but increase compatibility... hard hard for our dev :)

Annex
01-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Well the copy protection doesnt need to be lowered, it just needs to be fixed. It works fine with the vanilla copy but gets bugged by the patch. No one should ever have to eject and reinsert the disc every time they want to play just to get the game to run at all.