PDA

View Full Version : Half the screen is distorted

swanksta
01-10-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm using Vistax64 and the new 181.20 WHQL drivers.

Half the screen appears distorted, almost as if I were overclocking the video card too much and experiencing anomalies.

Also, I read this demo is playable. The demo launches into a benchmark, and even if I press escape and start to navigate the menus, the benchmark closes within seconds with a result window.

edit: the entire screen now appears distorted. as if the screen were made up of giant centimeter-long pixels.

swanksta
01-11-2009, 03:18 AM
does anyone have any input? even as to why the game shuts down after navigating the menu? is it playable or just a benchmark?

swanksta
01-12-2009, 12:12 AM
i'm guessing this has something to do with pixel shader 4.0, however i cannot change the setting, the demo, as i have said already, shuts itself down after pressing escape and navigating the menus.

for ****'s sake, can someone who has played the demo, reply and tell me if the same thing has happened to you, if you were able to play the demo or not, and if it really is just a benchmarking tool.

Nike-it
01-12-2009, 05:52 AM
i'm guessing this has something to do with pixel shader 4.0, however i cannot change the setting, the demo, as i have said already, shuts itself down after pressing escape and navigating the menus.

for ****'s sake, can someone who has played the demo, reply and tell me if the same thing has happened to you, if you were able to play the demo or not, and if it really is just a benchmarking tool.

The demo is not playable, it is just benchmark to show how Physx works in the game. And it may have some problems, when running on vista 64.

swanksta
01-12-2009, 06:39 AM
The demo is not playable, it is just benchmark to show how Physx works in the game. And it may have some problems, when running on vista 64.thanks very much. effing gamespot wrote it is playable! :mad: see! (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/cryostasissleepofreason/download.html?sid=6202565)

pHaid
01-12-2009, 01:53 PM
I am currently playing the full game version on Vista Ultimate 64 bit os, and it plays fine. I also did the demo before buying. Overclocked card, proc, memory- had to tweak memory down-also turned off AA.