PDA

View Full Version : where to find some troops

lilmoon
01-09-2009, 04:31 PM
hi all,

can you please tell me where I can find knights and paladin and horsemen? so far (lvl 10) I found only the 8 horsemen in the tent close to main castle.

and where can I find evil beholders?

thank you lot
lilmoon

Mystic Phoenix
01-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Paladins are not in the game at all as hireable troops, only your character can be a paladin.

As most troops are randomized, you can never tell where you get certain troops, although you will get access to knights and horsemen later in Kronberg if you fulfill certain quests for King Mark.
I found some knights (~10-15) on freedom islands and some more in Demonis, so be better prepared to wait a long while, until you get them (unless you are quite lucky).

I don't think there is a guaranteed place for evil beholders to recruit, though. I found two places to recruit them, one was in the very last area of the game, the other one was in the mine area, where you can get to the dwarven capital.

lilmoon
01-09-2009, 07:45 PM
thank you a lot. last question: where can I find inquisitors?

at the magic school and tower I cant find anymore... and have not seen them anywhere else.
tnx

Ryastar
01-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Inquisitors tend not to show up anywhere else. Occasionally I've found them in the Dragon's labyrinth, almost at the end of the game. To get more you'll have to use sacrifice or the inquisitor skill (the latter is not recommended, cause it requires a lot of investment in skills that are, shall we say, less useful)

Metathron
01-09-2009, 10:07 PM
Occasionaly, Furious Paladin will have them (Marshan Swamp).

I've also found them once in Western Isles, sold by the guy where you land.

Mystic Phoenix
01-10-2009, 12:04 PM
last question: where can I find inquisitors?

In my last game, I found inquisitors all over the place. A place not mentioned here before where you might have a good chance is the town in the grave yard after defeating the evil child.
After solving some of the main quests I could rehire them in the magic school (they haven't been there before).

I also had them in the Dragon Labyrinth (maybe they are granted there), and once I had them on the Western Island, as Metathron stated. 100 of them were in Kordar in a snowy area, but that was probably a random stack, too.

lilmoon
01-10-2009, 02:33 PM
thank you all, I found some around, and now I am trying not to loose them at all. just killed the kraken saving them all.

I dont want to spend skills to get the inquisitor upgrade, I am a mage and it is too costy for me...

now the question is: at what time during the game will I find the sacrifice spell? is there even a resurrection spell for mages?

Metathron
01-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Can't tell you when you'll find those spells...both have been pretty rare in my games, expect to find them no sooner than the 2nd half of the game, unless you're lucky.

Mystic Phoenix
01-11-2009, 10:09 AM
is there even a resurrection spell for mages?

Not sure whether it is fixed, but many people get the resurrection spell after solving a quest in the Elven lands. You may be lucky an get it earlier (I once got it at the sunken ship), but the Elven quest seems to give quite a decent chance.

MisterBarca
03-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Not sure whether it is fixed, but many people get the resurrection spell after solving a quest in the Elven lands. You may be lucky an get it earlier (I once got it at the sunken ship), but the Elven quest seems to give quite a decent chance.

Which quest? I still don't have it, and I've done everything in Ellinia.

Stepsongrapes
03-02-2009, 07:01 PM
thank you all, I found some around, and now I am trying not to loose them at all. just killed the kraken saving them all.

I dont want to spend skills to get the inquisitor upgrade, I am a mage and it is too costy for me...

now the question is: at what time during the game will I find the sacrifice spell? is there even a resurrection spell for mages?

I'm not sure if you are fully understanding the answers you are receiving, based on your continued questions down the same line.

To be clear, much of the game is RANDOM, varying from game to game. It is possible that in any given game, you will never see a certain type of unit or certain spell.

A few spells (e.g., geyser) are guranteed to be in the same place, as a quest reward. For the rest, no one can tell you if they will appear at all, much less where. All people can tell you is where it happened to be in their particular game, which doesn't tell you much about yours.