PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, 1C Company!

Loimko
01-09-2009, 09:15 AM
I had no idea where to put a topic like this, so I just put it in this section of the Forum. (Feel free to move)

I would like to thank 1C Company for creating a top quality game like Kings Bounty: The Legend.
As a hardcore Heroes of Might and Magic fan I was a little sceptic when I first read about Kings Bounty: The Legend. "It can't be as good as HoMM"
But my, oh my, 1C Company created a game which has already kept me entertained for more than 40 hours (and I can't wait to start all over again with a different class!) they created a game which, for the first time in years, has no bugs worth mentioning (none at all for me), a game that looks good, feels good, plays fantastic... What else could I wish for ? An Expansion, yeah.. But that's already in the making!!

This might sound a bit exaggerated but Kings Bounty: The Legend has earned a place in my all time favorites game-list, along with Final Fantasy and Heroes of Might and Magic.

Thanks 1C Company and all the other companies that helped creating a fantastic game like this.

-Loimko.

Danny
01-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Dear IC Company & Friends of KB,

Many more good years and GAMES from IC Company!!!

Yeah Yeah Yeah!!

Danny

Lord_Loffen
01-09-2009, 05:33 PM
ASFAIK, 1C company only published KB:L, Katauri developed the game.

kromberg
01-09-2009, 05:57 PM
I am also impressed with it. If there was little less FedExing in the game and more battles I would be truely happy.

SirJohn
01-10-2009, 11:31 AM
I agree, best game in several years. There's a lot of things I like in it and none of what I don't like. I doubt a game such as this will ever be produced inside the USA.

Sir Alock
02-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I agree aswell. I'm a hardcore HoMM fan. In fact, HoMM 1 was my very first software game many years ago on my 486 DX2 computer! Yes..that's before Pentium was out!

I found KB by a fluke. I was waiting for a movie to start in a mall & noticed it @ EB games. It was a turn-based strategy game? After the movie & went home & D/L the demo. I was hooked! Went to Best Buy the next day & snapped it up!

I haven't played a game (or bought) for over a year. KB got me on track again! D/L my video & sound card drivers, installed the 1.65 Atari patch & haven't looked back. It really is a special game! I'll be buying the add-on as soon as availble in the US.

Boar
02-28-2009, 08:45 PM
I couldn't agree more with Loimko -- in that this is a fantastic game! If it hadn't been for a review in PC Gamer I might not have ever found it, but an intriguing screenshot of the "Hero" page led me to be interested. For me, the last game that excited as much interest was Dungeon Siege or Half-Life. I love exploring areas, finding secrets, overcoming puzzles .. and this is just a perfect combo of RPG, humor, and beautiful graphics. I'm looking forward to Armored Princess, but months after purchasing this is still not boring. The only thing I wish they would add is secret areas or secret caches. But you just can't argue with a game that is different everytime you play it, has wise-cracking characters, and is complete with a Gremlin Castle!

Way too cool.

Also, thank you to all the posters on this forum. They have made the game so much more enjoyable for me. I don't know how they can play without losing a single troop, or finish the game in 10 days, or whatever, but all the tips have helped me immensely.

Longasc
03-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Yeah, a lot of thanks to Katauri and 1C Company!
Keep on the good work!

I was so disappointed with so many supposed "A-level" and extremely hyped games last year, while King's Bounty really delivered!

I will just quote myself from another posting on this forum. I really adore this game:

"This game allows different ways and strategies how to tackle enemy groups, you can have different armies, different tactics, based on your class and preferences.

This, besides the beautiful graphics and funny dialogue and story, is what makes King's Bounty such a great game. It was created with a lot of love and passion, besides inheriting the strong gameplay of the old King's Bounty / HOMM series.

Really, most recent A-level games usually bore me to hell or are just overhyped, King's Bounty and Mount & Blade were definitely my favorite games of 2008/09 so far."

Falaris
03-15-2009, 07:58 AM
I just completed King's Bounty. I picked it up almost at random in a store. I'd heard a good thing or two but didn't know much about it, but it's the kind of game I like so I decided to take a chance.

It paid off, a lot. Most fun I've had in quite a while. :) Quirky humor - appears inspired from plenty of sources. HoMM, Discworld, etc. while carrying a certain panache you don't find in the overproduced 'lowest common denominator' titles.

I like 1c publishing because you can be sure to find something UNUSUAL when they publish something. Fantasy wars is another great one. I noticed elven legacy is on Impulse, I suspect I should get that one... at any rate, like others here, I'm definitely getting the sequel. :D

Tom
04-29-2009, 08:58 PM
love the game as well. Been playing heroes since homm2 and i must say that u are doing your job much better than Ubi aso. (for me) absolutely bugfree, great gameplay, nice graphics. And the atmosphere. Makes fun to play it endlessly. ;)

Greets to Mr Lind Erebros for the wonderful sountrack!