PDA

View Full Version : Using knights all the time

Hento
01-03-2009, 10:38 AM
I never tried this so I was wondering if someone used this strategy as a warrior.
First, I presume that circle attack skill means that knights can attack all units around them.

So, as a warrior you have a high initiative due to onslaught, and have level 3 teleport, you teleport them in the middle of the enemy and cast Glot's armour on them, they wouldn't need to move anyway because all enemy units would converge on them.

So all enemy would be concentrated on them, you could have archers as all your other units and you can cast a spell to replenish knights special ability, and you would have inquisitors to eventually resurrect knights and you wouldn't have to worry about wasting mana on resurrecting any other units. Later maybe you could cast god's armor on them in the second term or use archmage's shield ability.

So, what do you think?

JudgeMan
01-03-2009, 06:54 PM
I played a Warrior game on Impossible using Knghts as tanks AND dmg dealer, inquisitors, archmage, shamans and royal snakes/horseman/green dragon (early/mid/late game).

I got lucky with artefact: got 2 armor of +10% phys resistance, boots +15% phys res., child +10% phys res., so my knights had base 75% phys res.
Also had a couple of artefact boosting my knights dmg so at the end they were doing 22-27 instead of 14-16(or something like that)

Most battles went the same way:
1st turn, target and Archmage shield on knights, a totem to block ennemies and moving knights forward.
2nd turn, stoneskin/magic spring/god's armor on knight and then it's simple bashing the ennemy down and always refreshing Target if necessary + leeching mana with dragons.
Only times i got losses is when i didn't pay attention if like a couple cyclops shot my archmage and i forgot to ressurect it.

Knights are incredible dragon killers. Here's a nice crit on bone dragons attached(Knight had holy power/blessing/stuff from inquisitors)
I could've been much higher tho, they didn't have dragon slayer and hell's breath.

PS. For the final battle, My army was Knights, Archdemon, Demons, Inquisitors, Green Dragons. I lost 4 Archdemons.

Hento
01-04-2009, 04:07 AM
I would like to finish a new playthrough as a warrior using only human(2 marshal batons) units without any losses.

Hento
01-04-2009, 08:58 AM
BTW, I find it extremely difficult for warrior to upgrade items, you really have to be overpowered and several levels above to even attempt it, this was not the case with mage.

cassiel101
06-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Just on the original post here, I found that when I drop Glots Armour on a stack the enemy seems to find that particular stack much less appealing. I flew some dragons into the middle of the enemy and left the rest of my troops back, hit them with Glots and watched the enemy ignore my dragons for the rest of the fight. Damn dragons were stuck for the rest of the fight because nobody would attack them! lol

Vilk
06-10-2009, 06:21 AM
I used knights in a normal game with warrior and highly enjoyed them. The glot armor use could limit options and won't protect that much anyway because it will be destroyed fast. Also knights have a very good defense. Often there's a better rage skill to use. I like use sometimes glot armor on a long range.

Beside using teleport on them in a similar way you describe but without glot I also used sometimes haste, or wait end of turn to make them move and attack, stay back to protect long range and slay dragons, used them to block a point, used invisibility on them when they are right into enemy lines because that disturb a lot enemy units, used some times Fit of Energy to redo a good circle attack, used a lot trap with them in enemy lines to protect a side or path to them, and more.

But I feel knights are even more a mage unit because they take profit of more spell support. I definitely plan use them in my current impossible mage game alas they appear quite late because in impossible mode you don't get them in knights camp until vary late.

shqiponja_hayabusa
07-07-2009, 11:35 PM
I played a Warrior game on Impossible using Knghts as tanks AND dmg dealer, inquisitors, archmage, shamans and royal snakes/horseman/green dragon (early/mid/late game).

I got lucky with artefact: got 2 armor of +10% phys resistance, boots +15% phys res., child +10% phys res., so my knights had base 75% phys res.
Also had a couple of artefact boosting my knights dmg so at the end they were doing 22-27 instead of 14-16(or something like that)

1st turn, target and Archmage shield on knights, a totem to block ennemies and moving knights forward.
2nd turn, stoneskin/magic spring/god's armor on knight and then it's simple bashing the ennemy down and always refreshing Target if necessary + leeching mana with dragons.
Only times i got losses is when i didn't pay attention if like a couple cyclops shot my archmage and i forgot to ressurect it.

Knights are incredible dragon killers. Here's a nice crit on bone dragons attached(Knight had holy power/blessing/stuff from inquisitors)
I could've been much higher tho, they didn't have dragon slayer and hell's breath.

PS. For the final battle, My army was Knights, Archdemon, Demons, Inquisitors, Green Dragons. I lost 4 Archdemons.

That's really cool 60 000 damage, how many knights did you have in that troop?

bucazaurus
09-14-2009, 08:39 PM
That's really cool 60 000 damage, how many knights did you have in that troop?

Judging by his army he has 37600 leadership
That means around 208 Knights.

Kings Bounty Hunter
10-09-2009, 11:45 AM

HAHA!!

Very nice, love it :cool: