PDA

View Full Version : What KB needs is magazine advertising!

Metroplex
01-01-2009, 06:22 PM
I don't recall seeing KB being advertised in any of the computer/game related magazines in Australia, maybe that is why the game is so unkown, even Spore got a backpage magazine advert from their makers, so maybe Katauri needs more exposure of their games specially KB!

Stepsongrapes
01-06-2009, 01:28 AM
I don't recall seeing KB being advertised in any of the computer/game related magazines in Australia, maybe that is why the game is so unkown, even Spore got a backpage magazine advert from their makers, so maybe Katauri needs more exposure of their games specially KB!

Yes, because Spore is a really, really backwater game rather than one of EA's biggest projects of 2008. Spore's advertising level is a strange choice to compare against.

Perhaps you'd like to front the money for the magazine advertisements?

Like most things, ads require a budget. It appears that KB doesn't have enough of it to throw at ads with a gurantee that they'll pay back.

Metroplex
01-06-2009, 02:41 AM
I already put my money to work, I bought a legit copy of the game, I didn't need to because I had the fully working, pirated copy anyway, but I did the right thing and helped make my bit towards the costs of developing this great game.

Gatts
01-07-2009, 03:23 PM
All magazines I know rate this game in normal review, they can't ignore it even if not payed by the devs/producents... so this is already good enough advertisement IMHO... and for free... still there has to be something wrong as this game was announced long time before DEMO, Demo was out for quite long time as well, still many many players missed this game totally... how? (if magazines have it reviews/ previews, comments... ) the difference could be that the review comes out once, but the ad can be there for more months...

also reviews could be very subjective, many games looked poor from the pen of a reviewer (and the reviewer did not need to dislike the game, he just pointed on parts of the game you don't like or don't care and he misses the parts you love) - so after I read the review of such games, I ended up "blew, never ever I will buy or try such game", but after a year it ends as demo or from my friend on my PC and I wonder... HOW COULD I MISS IT?...

Games like Fallout 3 was nearly unmissable, but probably because it has already huge base of hard core F2 fans... but still, maybe something was done in their marketing 1C Company could adopt in order to sell their games better.

Sir Alock
02-09-2009, 04:46 PM
I already put my money to work, I bought a legit copy of the game, I didn't need to because I had the fully working, pirated copy anyway, but I did the right thing and helped make my bit towards the costs of developing this great game.

What an idiot! So...You have a "Fully Working Pirated Copy" Geez....So nice of you to buy a legal copy & support the people that produced one of the best software games ever made! It never made sense to me why people use/crack games! They are not that expensive! I paid $29.99 for KB & have spent well over 30+ hours on it & I'm not finished just playing the Warrior! Talk about " Entertainment Dollar" It's a steal!

Next time, don't admit you even have a pirated copy of anything! It's just makes people like me (most of us) blood boil!

Metroplex
02-14-2009, 07:58 AM
What an idiot! So...You have a "Fully Working Pirated Copy" Geez....So nice of you to buy a legal copy & support the people that produced one of the best software games ever made! It never made sense to me why people use/crack games! They are not that expensive! I paid $29.99 for KB & have spent well over 30+ hours on it & I'm not finished just playing the Warrior! Talk about " Entertainment Dollar" It's a steal!

Next time, don't admit you even have a pirated copy of anything! It's just makes people like me (most of us) blood boil!

The reason I had the pirated copy was because I couldn't find the game on sale anywhere at the time in Australia or on ebay, therefore I wanted to play it asap, I played the pirated game and by the way that was my only pirated game so far as I always buy my games legit till that point and after when I decided to buy a legit copy of KB because my consience got the better of me...:grin:

Boar
02-28-2009, 08:48 PM
You did the right thing, Metroplex, and I applaud you for it. You are right, too, in that it seems to be missed in a lot of reviews for games mags -- luckily PC Gamer (U.S.) did a brief review that sparked my interest. That combined with the fully working demo did it for me -- I had to have it!

I think this should be RPG game of the year, though I know some are into Fallout 3.