PDA

View Full Version : Maximum level for ressurection

Holywhippet
01-01-2009, 12:33 AM
My paladin has the ressurection spell maxxed out - but he can only ressurect creatures up to level 4. However, I noticed my inquisitors can go past this and ressurect things like emerald dragons.

Metathron
01-01-2009, 02:26 AM
Yeah, the spell can only go up to level 4 creatures.

Holywhippet
01-01-2009, 02:30 AM
Hmm, I guess the inquisitor version relies on HP but doesn't factor in levels. Handy.

*Edit*

Ooh, I found a nice exploit. At maximum numbers, my inquisitors heal slightly more HP than I do. Now, normally they can only use their ressurection power once. But the gift spell can restock that ability. Gift costs less (20 SP for me, not sure if it was different at lower levels but I don't think so) so if you can delay the end of combat for long enough you can raise most if not all of your troops.

Stepsongrapes
01-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Hmm, I guess the inquisitor version relies on HP but doesn't factor in levels. Handy.

*Edit*

Ooh, I found a nice exploit. At maximum numbers, my inquisitors heal slightly more HP than I do. Now, normally they can only use their ressurection power once. But the gift spell can restock that ability. Gift costs less (20 SP for me, not sure if it was different at lower levels but I don't think so) so if you can delay the end of combat for long enough you can raise most if not all of your troops.

How exactly is using the gift spell for exactly what it's intended (recharging abilities) an exploit?

On the issue of preserving level 5 units, I'd suggest also exploring the timeback rage power, if you aren't already using it. There are a number of posts on the topic.

Holywhippet
01-02-2009, 07:05 PM
How exactly is using the gift spell for exactly what it's intended (recharging abilities) an exploit?

Because it's gets you a more powerful ressurection effect for less mana. As long as you can keep 1 enemy alive (there are many ways to do this). You can keep casting gift then ressurecting your troops. I'd say I avoided taking any losses for most of the fights by using this trick.

On the issue of preserving level 5 units, I'd suggest also exploring the timeback rage power, if you aren't already using it. There are a number of posts on the topic.

Yeah, you could, but I think there are other rage powers more worthwhile to spend rage on. Soul drain in particular.

lilmoon
01-09-2009, 06:50 PM
can you clarigy how you give again the inquisitor the resurrect ability? I tried and didnt work. can you please tell

-exactly which spell is it
-if you cast it before or after inqusitor have resurrected somebody.

I tried and didnt manage to make it work.
tnx

YENKO
01-09-2009, 07:24 PM
can you clarigy how you give again the inquisitor the resurrect ability? I tried and didnt work. can you please tell

-exactly which spell is it
-if you cast it before or after inqusitor have resurrected somebody.

I tried and didnt manage to make it work.
tnx

The spell name is 'Gift' and you can cast it whenever you wish. Obviously, best if casted on the Inquisitors AFTER they depleted their resurrect ability. :)

Oh, and there is also Sacrifice, which nobody mentioned yet :)

bobthebuilder
01-12-2009, 01:36 AM
Because it's gets you a more powerful ressurection effect for less mana. As long as you can keep 1 enemy alive (there are many ways to do this). You can keep casting gift then ressurecting your troops. I'd say I avoided taking any losses for most of the fights by using this trick.

But it comes at a cost of a stack. Are inquisitors good for anything other than resurrecting? Maybe vs. undead, but otherwise they're pretty weak. I usually spend the match protecting them and resurrecting them, since the AI loves to target them. Eventually they became too much of a pain in the ass, and I went for a stack of dragons instead. Best choice I'd made all game :-P

Holywhippet
01-14-2009, 12:58 AM
But it comes at a cost of a stack. Are inquisitors good for anything other than resurrecting? Maybe vs. undead, but otherwise they're pretty weak. I usually spend the match protecting them and resurrecting them, since the AI loves to target them. Eventually they became too much of a pain in the ass, and I went for a stack of dragons instead. Best choice I'd made all game :-P

That ressurection ability more than pays for their worth. Combined with gift to keep recharging it, you can leave most/all fights with no troop losses at all.

Yes, the AI does love to target ranged troops. But there are ways around this problem. Firstly, enemy ranged troops will generally always target anything standing right next to them - if they can take one step away then shoot they will still tend to target whoever is next to them. Use the banners of an Orc Shaman, the ice orb from the chest of rage, a summoned phoenix etc. to get something next to them. Even if they kill it with a single shot that still gives you a round to cut down their numbers.