PDA

View Full Version : Reviews of the Russian version

Nike-it
12-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Since the release of the game in Russia, there appeared many reviews in local press. Most of the can be found here: GameCritic (http://www.gamecritic.ru/games/view.php?id=760) (russian variant of GameRankings).
Right now the average raiting for Cryostasis is 80/100!!!

For translation from Russian I advice to use Google Translation;)
Also I'll be glad to answer questions if the appear.

thales100
12-31-2008, 11:39 AM
80 only ? I think it deserves more, thanks for posting the link, gonna check why they rated it 80.

Jon
01-01-2009, 05:46 AM
Well , some russian media are very "hardcore " with russian games , and I believe more with ukrainians ;) . For example , STALKER has a 6 or 6.5 in AG .

B.F.
01-02-2009, 07:24 AM
AG is quite good game site, and Cryostasis is have quite good score.
And Nomad is the most evil, and the most experienced (more than 2000 reviews) critique on AG and game had a quite warm review from him.

P.S.
Stalker also had a quite fair score on AG.
Without a fan mods, it's a quite a average game with a tons of bugs.

Jon
01-02-2009, 09:50 AM
The punctuation in AG for STALKER is ridiculous . Maybe is the lower punctuation in the world for the game . Western truly mediocre games , to forget in a few years , have better punctuation in AG. NOMAD perphas it would draw attention with this punctuation, maybe is a developer frustrated . In my country the people say that our national sport is the envy, I see that this is something universal. Or maybe not is something "national" because GSC not is in Russia ;) .

STALKER mods to me is worse, the mods in STALKER activate the things do not work in the game and were discarded. I never played long time any mod of STALKER, it seems to me ridiculous to compare any mod with the original game.

B.F.
01-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Stalker fan?
I play the game right after it relized and I'm fully agree with Nomad.
Unlike Cryostasis, Stalker only had a good graphics and good ending levels (true end levels, not the "wish orb").
AG the only russian site scored Stalker fair.
And "national" reasons is nothing to do with a score.

valerian
02-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Nike-it,

Can you please tell me in detail what is the difference between the Russian version and English version ? E.g. Russian version has only Russian language, the English version will be mult-language (including Russian) and will have a Russian version-equivalent patch 1.1 for fixing bugs...

Thanks.

Nike-it
02-13-2009, 05:44 AM
Nike-it,

Can you please tell me in detail what is the difference between the Russian version and English version ? E.g. Russian version has only Russian language, the English version will be mult-language (including Russian) and will have a Russian version-equivalent patch 1.1 for fixing bugs...

Thanks.

The main difference is certainly Multilanguage (without Russian) and it will be better optimised.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
02-13-2009, 07:06 AM
The main difference is certainly Multilanguage (without Russian) and it will be better optimised.

So it will run faster?? How much faster?? The russian version run slow on my pc even on medium settings but Necroviision demo runs perfect on high settings on my pc and and it has better graphics than cryostasis... That proves that Cryostasis is not optimized AT ALL!!!! So will the english version be able to run ok on my pc??

Dcrysis02
02-13-2009, 09:58 AM

:( I really liked the russain language.I hoped that there would be an option to keep the russain language and put english subtitles under it.English voice actors tend to be pretty cheesy when it comes to russain accent.Overall,the devs made a very good game and i hope the translation doesn't pull the game back.Good story,really good graphics,freaky atmosphere.That's what a game needs and Action Forms made a very good job.I will pre-order the game as soon as it's available,i like to support developers who put their soul into their work.Hopefully they will be noticed by the World and make it big.If they keep making games like this one,the PC has a bright future.Thank you Action Forms.

P.S. Please don't make the same mistake like GSC Game World.SHOC was great but Clear Sky was rushed out.

Abnaxus
03-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Level Romania gave it a huge 9.0, and I have to say that they really like it !

ZIGS
03-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Level Romania gave it a huge 9.0, and I have to say that they really like it !

Yeah, apparently, the same guy that reviewed Cryostasis and gave it a 9 also reviewed You Are EMPTY (which is a great game in my opinion) and gave it a 7 (Gamespot gave it a 1.5). It goes to show how different the mentality is between Europeans/Eastern Europeans and Americans

ZERO99
03-03-2009, 03:59 PM
since i live in Canada i have a large view of the North American market. its pretty much if its not halo its not cool. which is very sad to see how narrow minded the gamers are here. i personally love cryostasis its different fresh and new take on the FPS which is what the PC market needs. its the consoles that are screwing up all the PC games.

boredgunner
03-07-2009, 07:59 PM
since i live in Canada i have a large view of the North American market. its pretty much if its not halo its not cool. which is very sad to see how narrow minded the gamers are here. i personally love cryostasis its different fresh and new take on the FPS which is what the PC market needs. its the consoles that are screwing up all the PC games.

Yep, that's how things are over here. I hate most of the high rated games, they have no story and are very repetitive. I should just get the Russian version, it makes more sense if Russian is spoken rather than English in the game. Is it true that the US is getting a delay due to better optimization? If so, then I'll wait. If not I'm not waiting, the delay would just be pointless.