PDA

View Full Version : Interface Mod

kromberg
12-30-2008, 01:37 PM
I had to restart a new game, reasons will be left unsaid, and I installed this mod. I am truly impressed with how much it makes things better. Thank you to whoever created it :)

Keneth
12-30-2008, 03:44 PM
The mod's official thread is here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=4033).

Warmskin
01-01-2009, 05:51 PM
I have the Atari retail version 1.6b7 and I'd like to install the Interface Mod (corresponding to that vers.). The instructions say to install in "game folder"\data\mods. In my "game folder"\data folder there *is no* folder named 'mods'. Simple question... Should I create a folder there and name it mods and put the Interface Mod there? And will it affect my save games at all? I am still using the 1.6b7 version that came with the game as I have read of some problems with later patches and my gameplay is very stable. I'm really far into the game (Demonis) and I don't want to start over. Thanks a lot.

Keneth
01-01-2009, 10:15 PM
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, there may be problems with some patches but the number and value of things they fix always outweighs any drawbacks they might have. I've never seen a game where that were not the case.

That said, make a new folder called mods if one doesn't exist and put the KFS file there. No restart should be necessary as the changes are merely of cosmetic nature, and all the scripts are called on demand.

Installing the patch also shouldn't require a restart as far as most of the features are concerned. I strongly suggest that you do so, you still have a good chunk of the game left even if you don't intend to play it again later.

Warmskin
01-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Well, I appreciate what you have to say and generally I agree with you about the value of patches. I don't think I was saying anything ridiculous, though. What I was referring to was a number of msgs a while back when the 1.65 patch came out where some people complained that they couldn't get their game to even start up after applying the patch. Seeing that I was experiencing zero problems, I didn't really see the need to install a patch that was in some cases causing major concerns (not starting and having to re-install I consider a *major* concern). Having said that, which patch would you recommend with the Atari retail version? 1.7? And thanks for the info on the mods in general. I certainly am enjoying this game a great detail and I appreciate and value your input. Thanks again...

Keneth
01-02-2009, 01:18 AM
Well I still think it's ridiculous, a re-instal takes maybe 15 minutes in the very odd case that you might be one of those people who can't start the game, and let's face it, there's always people who can't start every game, that is not a major concern unless there's a very large percentage of the user database with the same problem, so in worst case you will have lost a few minutes of your time but in the more likely case that it works as intended you will get a ton of fixes and adjustments to improve your gameplay.

Anyway, the patch for Atari version is 1.6.5, as far as I know 1.7 is for european versions and is otherwise identical.

Warmskin
01-02-2009, 01:45 AM
OK, I'll go ahead and apply the patch. BTW, the Interface mod works very nicely (along with the 'full camera (360 deg.) mod). Two really good improvements. Do I need to re-apply the Interface mod after I patch? Or just leave it in its folder. Thanks again...

Keneth
01-02-2009, 01:25 PM
You might need to use a different version on the mod, check the official thread to see if there's one.

psycoticlunatic
01-19-2009, 09:11 AM
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, there may be problems with some patches but the number and value of things they fix always outweighs any drawbacks they might have. I've never seen a game where that were not the case.

A bit off topic, but evidently you haven't played Age of Conan...........

Keneth
01-19-2009, 12:47 PM
MMOs are a completely different issue altogether. :mrgreen: