PDA

View Full Version : Poision Knife or +3 Axe

iregev
12-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi,
I have a knife that adds 1 point of poison damage and I have an axe that gives +3 attack and I am wondering which is better to my team.

I am playing a mage with with Undead mostly:
Vampires and Skele archers who deals most of the unit damage
Dark commander (for morale and backup ad their are just cool)
Royal snakes
Inquistors (for rage and the occasional rez)

What do you suggest is better the knife or the axe, I think the knife is great for the archer because of their low base damage but I am not so sure.

Metathron
12-29-2008, 01:59 PM
I would say the knife because the skeleton archers are your main damage dealers and +1 to damage is a whole lot for them.

Stepsongrapes
12-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Hi,
I have a knife that adds 1 point of poison damage and I have an axe that gives +3 attack and I am wondering which is better to my team.

I am playing a mage with with Undead mostly:
Vampires and Skele archers who deals most of the unit damage
Dark commander (for morale and backup ad their are just cool)
Royal snakes
Inquistors (for rage and the occasional rez)

What do you suggest is better the knife or the axe, I think the knife is great for the archer because of their low base damage but I am not so sure.

+3 attack translates into +10% damage, in almost all instances. So, unless your units have on average 10 or more base damage, the knife is superior.

iregev
12-30-2008, 09:37 AM
thanx,
that was what I thought, what seems odd is that knife is extremly powerfull for an item that costs 11K.
I Think almost all units level 1-3 deal less than 10 damage per AVG.
This Item upgrades the skeltoon archers by 28%

Also,
should I swap it to the axe when fighting units with poison ressitance like plants ?