PDA

View Full Version : Final battle

Hento
12-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Has anyone managed to resolve the final battle without any losses, since Haas uses armageddon spells?

My army consisted of 1 unit-9 archidemons and I used 3 spells-invisibility, fire rain and ice snake, when I ran out of mana so I couldn't use invisibility, Haas started to use armageddon although his army was already defeated, just a few black dragons left which can't touch archidemons because of fire immunity.

Up until this battle I hadn't lost a single unit...

Calinda
12-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Something I posted long ago:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=367&d=1226218119

Metathron
12-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Dear lord, what an army that was, Calinda.

lauvhk
12-29-2008, 01:14 AM
What's your Lina charger and Reaper rage drain at?

And I recall the first time completing the battle, the left side (my casualties) is as bloody as the right side. :lol:

Hento
12-29-2008, 03:27 AM
Something I posted long ago:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=367&d=1226218119

How did you pull that off?
Were you a warrior with high attack attribute, is it possible to finish this battle in the first turn as a warrior? There is no way you could have enough mana and time to resurrect all the troops after armageddon is cast...
As a mage I never had any army at all, I either had Black Dragons(when encountering enemies with high intellect) or Archidemons to use invisibility on.

Calinda
12-29-2008, 05:20 AM
IIRC army was Giants, Canoneers, Inquisitors, Archmages and Archdemons. And I did use resurrection from Inquisitors + Gift or Timeback.

Hento
12-29-2008, 05:45 AM
How high was your attack, I though for warrior class it would be best to use only all kinds of archers combined with dwarven telescope and steam armour.
And why did you use Giants since their earthquake ability is not affected by dragons?
A little more detail please, you haven't said anything...(and what is "IIRC")

Harush
12-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Actually you can have infinite mana pretty easily. With a high rage drain skill and high level chargers, you can turn rage into mana all day long so long as there is an enemy left to drain. That plus target and time back lets you control the flow of a fight pretty easily.

stpkg
12-29-2008, 08:13 AM
I have the same result too, and it is at the EASY level.
As a mage with very high intelligence, 1 Black Hole + 2 Geyser spells can kill almost all of them.
That's why the enemy died without getting his turn.

Metathron
12-29-2008, 11:15 AM
I have the same result too, and it is at the EASY level.
As a mage with very high intelligence, 1 Black Hole + 2 Geyser spells can kill almost all of them.
That's why the enemy died without getting his turn.

I'm sure the army you were facing on easy was MUCH smaller and so was easily affected by a black hole and two geysers.

Calinda
12-29-2008, 05:06 PM
IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

There are some saved games here:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5242&page=11
You can see everything by simply loading them.

Hento
01-02-2009, 10:16 PM
I just realized that having high level of Glot armor is the only way to get through final better without losses, at least the way I played it-no army, just using spells.

Holywhippet
01-03-2009, 02:48 AM
I just realized that having high level of Glot armor is the only way to get through final better without losses, at least the way I played it-no army, just using spells.

In theory, a single high initiative stack covered by invisibility should be able to avoid damage without using Glot's armour. I've never gotten Glot's armour to be strong enough that it could handle the kind of punishment you see in the final battle.

You'd want to be a mage though in order to pump out enough spell damage. I went through as a paladin and my attack spells weren't that great.

Hento
01-03-2009, 09:45 AM
I just needed 1 more turn to finish a couple of Black Dragons with my 9 Archdemons, but that's when Haas casted Armageddon spell and that's why for the first and last time I finished battle with losses. Up until that final battle I didn't have a single loss as a mage.
Glot's armour would have been perfect and only option for that situation, but unfortunately I didn't even choose it to be leveled up.

Ish
01-08-2009, 07:01 AM
I just needed 1 more turn to finish a couple of Black Dragons with my 9 Archdemons, but that's when Haas casted Armageddon spell and that's why for the first and last time I finished battle with losses. Up until that final battle I didn't have a single loss as a mage.
Glot's armour would have been perfect and only option for that situation, but unfortunately I didn't even choose it to be leveled up.

What difficulty are you playing on?