PDA

View Full Version : What now ? How to use the research?

jake21
12-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Currently the game seems to be winding down. There are three planets controlled by dominators; my fellow rangers no longer seem interested in attacking dominators and dominators research is catching up (they are developing more fighters with shield). Very few planets will offer me quests and it is almost tedious to find one that will.

I completed research on one of the three dominators (keller?) but it was not clear to me how or if I should use it (the text suggested they were related to humans). I'm working towards completing the research on the last two dominators but it is slow going (too slow). I'm also upgrading my ship and trying to decide if I want this 'ultimate ship' that some of the bases are offering (I'm about 2/3 of the way to meet the requirements for one of the bases but I'm fearful it will be no better than my current ship). I wish my ship had better cladding (it is 14) and I wish the newer weapons were lighter (running into speed issues during combat and ability to pick up goods after victory - but I just found a temporal engine which should up my thrust some).

I still have a lot of problems with the RTS. It is very unforgivable if you misclick (I wish there was a way to pause and give orders and/or group and arrange bots). I've completed 4 or 5 with success after much effort but unsure if I will do anymore. A single goof will result in lost an army and the bots will quickly overwhelm me as I'm unable to build more bots (for some reason my bots seem more fragile than the opponent even though I build full stack with rockets and mods to reduce damage taken). Hum... Also I do not understand the option for 'neat alloy' (there are two options one for increase reinforcements but I do not liike the type of bots they give me) and a second for 'reinforced alloy' - which would seem like the bots could take more damage but this does not seem to be the case).

Btw I was storing items on the science station I was using for research. On one return trip I encounter a group of doms. assulting the station (it was several sectors away from them so this attack surprised me). I manage to collect my goods just before station was destroyed (it went kaput on the last turn - I think maybe next time I should upgrade such a valuable base with large weapons and shield - as now access to science station will be quite painful).

Zhuangzi
12-23-2008, 03:26 AM
You need to assault those last Dominator controlled systems. You need to defeat Terron and Blazer in space combat, and Keller in hyperspace. The research, when completed, aids you with this but you can do it alone if you are strong enough. One of those remaining systems should be called Gralgar. Go take a look. :-P

jake21
12-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Ok. SOme how I missed that I needed to go to hyperspace to kill keller - not sure where i saw that (or if I did). Yea Gralgar is mostly controlled by us humans 'cept for the giant plasma thingy that i'm researching. Research takes a long time !

You need to assault those last Dominator controlled systems. You need to defeat Terron and Blazer in space combat, and Keller in hyperspace. The research, when completed, aids you with this but you can do it alone if you are strong enough. One of those remaining systems should be called Gralgar. Go take a look. :-P

jake21
12-24-2008, 01:53 AM
Ok. Everyone is dead. Victory has arrived!

Ok. SOme how I missed that I needed to go to hyperspace to kill keller - not sure where i saw that (or if I did). Yea Gralgar is mostly controlled by us humans 'cept for the giant plasma thingy that i'm researching. Research takes a long time !