PDA

View Full Version : UK - Where to purchase boxed game?

Halon
12-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi,

I'm a big fan of the HOMM series and i'm very interested in getting King's Bounty after hearing very good things. I don't want a digital download and the problem is I can't find a UK online store anywhere to buy it from!?

Play are the only one with it listed and its "out of stock", Zavvi had it listed but its been pulled according to google cache search.

I've bought an innumerable amount of games online and never had a problem, and generally speaking this can't be good for business... so what gives?

Metroplex
12-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Try this link:

http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PC-Games/Kings-Bounty-The-Legend/1560314/

They export overseas, ironically, this is a UK/EU copy!
The price is in NZ dollars and when you add up the postage costs to the UK ($19.13)... and using www.xe.com to convert NZ dollars to UK pounds it works out at about 40 Pounds but it can fluctuate according to the exchange so check before you buy!
I hope this helps, I myself have ordered my copy from NZ as the Australian game stores are hopeless, they never even heard of the game!

p.s. You can also try ebay, but I though they were quite hopeless too as they only sell the American version and frankly the UK/EU copy is much better as it is multi-language.
Just don't delay as this game seems to be in short supply!

Halon
12-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Thanks Metroplex,

In the end i've ordered a copy from Ebay UK, brand new. Unless i'm mistaken I believe it's the UK/EU version since its got 3 characters on the box front instead of 1.

Still mystified why it's so hard to get hold of though. The game only just got reviewed in the December PC Gamer.

Metroplex
12-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks Metroplex,

In the end i've ordered a copy from Ebay UK, brand new. Unless i'm mistaken I believe it's the UK/EU version since its got 3 characters on the box front instead of 1.

Still mystified why it's so hard to get hold of though. The game only just got reviewed in the December PC Gamer.

Alas, you got the US version, it has ATARI on the front.
The EU version is published by NOBILIS.
Anyway, if you weren't looking forward to playing KB in another language I don't see the problem, just patch your version to the latest.
The reason the game is so hard to get through is because of all the glut of 3rd rated, over-hyped, over-priced games like Far cry 2, Fallout 3, Stalker Clear Sky, etc.
Game shops just don't have the time and money to devote to (Great) games developed by small, relatively unknown developers and instead go for the multi-billion dollar developers and publishers even if the game suck, they recon they can recoup some money by selling them.
:)