PDA

View Full Version : Combat immediately lost, nomatter how weak opponent...

FreeHansje
12-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Since a few days each combat I enter is immediately lost by me. My character is a lvl 16 mage, I'm running around in Kordar. A previous save shows the same behaviour, if I go back a few saves then I can get into fights again.
I noticed the messages, that seemingly all my creatures are not under my control anymore, I wonder if this is related to the problem.
I'll just go back to the working save and hopefully will not encounter the problem anymore, but I would like to know if this is a known issue and if so, is there a solution for it?

Gatts
12-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Since a few days each combat I enter is immediately lost by me. My character is a lvl 16 mage, I'm running around in Kordar. A previous save shows the same behaviour, if I go back a few saves then I can get into fights again.
I noticed the messages, that seemingly all my creatures are not under my control anymore, I wonder if this is related to the problem.
I'll just go back to the working save and hopefully will not encounter the problem anymore, but I would like to know if this is a known issue and if so, is there a solution for it?

This is sometimes connected with PATCH (did you install patch lately? If yes - are you sure you had not MOD installed / and the PATCH is 100% compatible?)

Otherwise, try to search little bit in our forum, I am sure this was reported already - so the solution has to be somewhere (I will try the same and return if I am successful)

EDIT:
added:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5534

FreeHansje
12-15-2008, 04:08 PM
Well, I tried to install 1.7 AFTER the problem occurd. Reinstalled with patch 1.64(I believe) the 1 before 1.7. But it's ok, did not have to go back far.
I'll try and see if it is known on these fora.

taltamir
12-15-2008, 09:38 PM
did you LOSE some leadership?
If your leadership is less then your troops require, they will be "out of control", depending on the amount and the difficulty that might mean they are berserk attacking enemies automatically, or they might attack friendlies as well.
I would imagine that if you start combat with all of them out of control you will lose combat instantly. Go to here info, if you see a red fire icon on a creature it means it is out of control, you will also see it written down in its description, and if you go to dismiss it, it will automatically suggest as many needed to get creature back under control, instead of the whole stack like it normally auto suggests.

videogames10
12-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Did you by any chance use the Doublearmy code? Keep in mind that codes can often lead to unanticipated behavior, and thus, you may find it necessary to administer a sedagive...

If you do choose to use the Doublearmy code, there is one very important issue that may need to be addressed:

I just thought I'd mention, for those who don't already know, that there is another factor that will result in instant defeat of your army in any battle you encounter. This occurs when all of the troops in your army exceed their leadership cap (e.g. using the doublearmy code and forgetting to dismiss the excess troops), which means you will have no control over them, thus resulting in instant defeat. Keep in mind that you won't get the instant defeat condition if at least one troop type in your army is at or under the leadership limit; the other troops (i.e. those exceeding the leadership limit) will not be under your control during battle, however. Needless to say, in this particular scenario you're going to get your *** handed to you on a silver platter anyway. If a troop type is over the leadership limit, a red icon will appear in the lower left corner of the troop avatar.

For any troop type over the leadership limit, just double-click on the troop avatar, click on the skull (dismiss) button, and then click the check mark in the next window that appears. The number of troops will now match the leadership limit for that particular troop. Repeat for any other troop type over the leadership limit.

Sorry if you were already aware of this, but it may be of some help to others.

Stepsongrapes
12-16-2008, 06:30 PM
did you LOSE some leadership?
If your leadership is less then your troops require, they will be "out of control", depending on the amount and the difficulty that might mean they are berserk attacking enemies automatically, or they might attack friendlies as well.
I would imagine that if you start combat with all of them out of control you will lose combat instantly. Go to here info, if you see a red fire icon on a creature it means it is out of control, you will also see it written down in its description, and if you go to dismiss it, it will automatically suggest as many needed to get creature back under control, instead of the whole stack like it normally auto suggests.

The above sounds like the most likely cause. Other than wacky bugs, its relatively common for a loss of leadership to cause this issue.

1) check to see if you switched gear in a way that lowered your leadership.

2) check to see if a leadership granting item lost all morale and rebelled.

Mystic Phoenix
12-17-2008, 02:55 PM
1) check to see if you switched gear in a way that lowered your leadership.

2) check to see if a leadership granting item lost all morale and rebelled.

3) check if your wife got a child which uses a slot where a leadership boosting item was placed before.

taltamir
12-17-2008, 05:11 PM
well? its been days and a slew of suggestions, any new info for us oh original poster?