PDA

View Full Version : i can't update my 1.6b7 version to 1.7..need backup

saikathos
12-15-2008, 11:03 AM
help me..i already downloaded the nobilis and gamersgate patches but after i tried installing 1 of them, it prompts unknown error..both of them..why? where did i go wrong? what did i do to make you change..ehhehehe..I CAN'T FINISH MY MOD!!..im stuck at this version..im planning to create a new unit..heroes..but without this update im stuck at this version and i cant even try the mods in 1.7..in which ill refer in creating my new mod..all i have now is just inc damage for spirits and exp gain..slight animation changes on spirits..hero and item attribute..wifes and children tweaks..i really need to update..wana create the hero mod before i jump to COH opposing fronts and sacred 2..thanks in advance!::-x

Gatts
12-15-2008, 11:08 AM
1.) Make sure you remove all MOD's when installing a patch
2.) make sure you install the appropriate patch (not random patch, try-and-fail tactics)
3.) what type of game you have? Nobilis? Gamersgate? Atari? - boxed/downloaded?
4.) during install you may consider deactivating any firewall/antivirus or client non-essential services...
5.) try to reinstall the game anew prior new patch try/intall (back up your saves... so you won't "incidetnally" check the "delete saves" box)

also try to find in this "technical problems and solution" some threads that would fit your game version and symptoms... You may find a lot of usefull hints...

saikathos
12-15-2008, 11:37 AM
thanks..i think atari..cz non of the 2 patches mention above work..i thought they are the same patches..only different host..

taltamir
12-15-2008, 10:41 PM
they are not "different host", they are different distributer. With different copy protection schemes.

Uninstall the game (keep the saves obviously), delete leftover files from the directory (saves are stored in my documents not in the KB directory), do a clean install.

If you bought your game @:
1. Atari DVD at the store in europe/US: install nobulous patch.
2. Direct2Drive: you are screwed, no patch for you.
3. GamersGate: install the gamersgate patch.
4. Russia: Install the russian patch.