PDA

View Full Version : what version/distribution is my game??

Mac59
12-15-2008, 03:57 AM
Hi,
I have just purchased a boxed version of Kings Bounty online (English it seems).
The game installs under: ..\program files\1c company\king’s bounty
When run it displays version 1.6.4 (build 34,502).
I tried the update to version 1.7 (multi language) and (after a clean reinstall) 1.6.5 atari.
Both updates cause the copy protection to fail, and not recognise the DVD.
What is my version of this game??? What patch should i use?

i feel a little cheated...

(i'm in australia)

Nike-it
12-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi,
I have just purchased a boxed version of Kings Bounty online (English it seems).
The game installs under: ..\program files\1c company\king’s bounty
When run it displays version 1.6.4 (build 34,502).
I tried the update to version 1.7 (multi language) and (after a clean reinstall) 1.6.5 atari.
Both updates cause the copy protection to fail, and not recognise the DVD.
What is my version of this game??? What patch should i use?

i feel a little cheated...

(i'm in australia)

Hi, Please make a shot of the box and post it here. Then I'll tell you what version you have.

Mac59
12-15-2008, 09:34 AM
here is a screenshot of the box

Nike-it
12-15-2008, 09:35 AM
here is a screenshot of the box

Very strange BOX, haven't seen such. Can you give me the link to the shop you bought it?

Mac59
12-15-2008, 11:03 AM
I purchased the game here:

http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/longpage.asp?gameid=16798

It says published by atari on the website but there are no atari markings on the box/manual etc...
and the atari patch does not work.. it doesn't recognise the dvd after patch.

Nike-it
12-15-2008, 11:59 AM
I purchased the game here:

http://www.gameswarehouse.com.au/longpage.asp?gameid=16798

It says published by atari on the website but there are no atari markings on the box/manual etc...
and the atari patch does not work.. it doesn't recognise the dvd after patch.

The patch for this version (published by !c Publishing) is not released yet, but very soon it will be.

Mac59
12-16-2008, 01:14 AM
This is silly, how many versions of the same patch will this company have to make?

every time!

stpkg
12-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Hi, Please make a shot of the box and post it here. Then I'll tell you what version you have.
I have the same box as you do.
You may try to copy the kb.exe which is currently working for you.
Then update to 1.6.5.
If the kb.exe is not working, copy the old kb.exe and try.
It is working for my case.
However, no matter what version it shows up, it always display the build of "34502"

TheGrayGeezer
12-18-2008, 03:47 PM
That looks like the American version (I live in the U.S.).

So maybe the patch for the American version will work.

taomony
12-26-2008, 01:36 AM
i am in Hong Kong,

the bought the same box of game as in photo,

i wish i can have the patch also :(

Metroplex
12-31-2008, 10:39 AM
That is the ATARI version hence it is American.
Patch is available in 'Patches' section of the KB English website.

taomony
12-31-2008, 12:33 PM
however, after i install those patch

it always pop up and said my CD is not correct!

:confused:

Goldheart
01-02-2009, 06:16 AM
I am in the USA and bought this version. It is frustrating to be unable to patch the game.

kside
01-31-2009, 08:42 AM
I have bought it from Romania.
Same 1C version (v1.64 build 34502)

kb.exe = 18.731.008 ; MD5: 282f123f5020efdaa6c4448f2575146b

DVD not recognised after patch 1.65 / 1.7
Works ok if copy kb.exe from the DVD after patch.

I am waiting as well for a 1C version compatible patch.

player1
01-31-2009, 01:58 PM
The version on photo is surely not Atari version, otherwise there would be Atari logo on the box.

Anyway, it's strage to have game with 3-4 different publishers world-wide (Atari, Nobilis, 1C, then russain version with its own publisher, etc...). Every one with different copy protection and patching method. Plus patches with different names but pretty much same features (everything in 1.7 fix list is in 1.6.5 fix list too).

It's downright confusing. If I would suggest anything, it would be to restructure patch section of official site, to better clarify which english version uses which patch, and which one are not having patch at the moment.

Something like: choose publisher (look at the box), then show just patches that go with that version, if any.

azsportsfan
02-13-2009, 04:23 AM
The patch for this version (published by !c Publishing) is not released yet, but very soon it will be.

Hmmm, 2 months later and still no patch for this version? How long exactly is "very soon"? I bought this version (same as in previously attached pic) from GoGamer.com. They list it as an import, and they list the publisher as Atari, but there is no Atari logo on the cd case - I doubt it is Atari.

scorp76
02-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Luckily when I reviewed the game I listed it as C1 Company as the publisher. I am too are waiting for the C1 patch. Since, I got rid of the DEP issue the game does crashes once in while during combat. I suspect is connected to the DEP issue on some level but since that has been disable then I believe the DEP crash is a side effect of the random error that occurs.

Anyone know how I can run the game in debug mode so when it crashes I have a dump file I post here for C1? :)

Dolar
02-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Seems I have this version as well, and already have had to reinstall the game once because I assumed the patches on the games official site were you know for the game. So I guess all the good things i heard about this game were wrong? Any real hope for a working patch?

CKaz
02-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Hmm I'm not staring at the box at the moment, but an Atari logo comes up when I play the game, so I'm interested in 1.65 then, even though 1.7 says it contains 1.65 and is the worldwide version (including english)?

I guess more to the point though maybe I dont want to install with all the problems mentioned in other threads... yes it is more confusing then it needs to be. Its always a shame when the copy protection screws those paying the $. I've loved Kings Bounty since the Genesis version and this seems to be a great game - these types of things want me to stay console tho :mad: