PDA

View Full Version : Cryostasis on HD4870

lukankata
12-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Hello, everyone!:)

I bought Cryostasis. But i have some problems with it.
I experience some weird graphical glitches. In the beginning i have those green artifacts on walls especially when my flashlight is switched on. And the light sources are not displayed properly. The light coming from them is like a black spot with gamma of different colors around it.
Using Catalyst 8.12 official + vista ultimate 64bit.
I have no problems with other games and have barely clocked my card.
Am i the only one ATI user having this issue at hand? I really hope it's a game's problem that needs some patching. :confused:

dariuskzoot
12-14-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm using an ATI card as well ..

no texture problems to speak of ... everything looks rather amazing ...

the glitch I'm having is one of occasional bobbing up and down, as if the character is hopping along instead of walking / running, etc.

If I crouch, it goes away ... also, if I move really suddenly, such as jump around / sprint then crouch while turning ... it goes away as well ....

As I said... this only happens occasionally, so it's not really a big deal ...

just thought I'd mention iit ..

DKZ

B.F.
12-15-2008, 02:58 AM
Hello, everyone!:)

I bought Cryostasis. But i have some problems with it.
I experience some weird graphical glitches. In the beginning i have those green artifacts on walls especially when my flashlight is switched on. And the light sources are not displayed properly. The light coming from them is like a black spot with gamma of different colors around it.
Using Catalyst 8.12 official + vista ultimate 64bit.
I have no problems with other games and have barely clocked my card.
Am i the only one ATI user having this issue at hand? I really hope it's a game's problem that needs some patching. :confused:
No.
Game have some glitches on ATI graphics cards.
You can try to switch to SM3

lukankata
12-15-2008, 09:21 AM
No.
Game have some glitches on ATI graphics cards.
You can try to switch to SM3

I really hope it's a general problem that will be fixed in the future. Otherwise i'll be waiting for the english release in february.

the glitch I'm having is one of occasional bobbing up and down, as if the character is hopping along instead of walking / running, etc.

If I crouch, it goes away ... also, if I move really suddenly, such as jump around / sprint then crouch while turning ... it goes away as well ....

You mean you have stuttering. It's like the game skips a frame or two for a second frequently. I also had that problem but when i alt+tabbed on desktop and back onto the game it disappeared.

haplo
01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
finally some ati 4800 users!

could you guys divulge on the number of frames you are gettin?

and provide details of your setup?

I have the stock 4870 512MB (Catalyst 8.12) coupled to a E2180 OC to 3.4GHz with 2x1GB PC6400 CL4 Corsair XMS2 DHX DDR2 OC to 1020MHz and runnin it on Vista 64 bit and i am gettin piss poor performance here people.

30s at the max with the average being low 20s. And it's not like i'm playin it on a 30in monitor for cryin out loud!
it's a 19in at 1280*1024. The fps right now is just way too choppy.

Are you guys doin any better? Any pointers you can throw my way?