PDA

View Full Version : Does this game have voice sound (and other questions)?

jake21
12-14-2008, 06:05 PM
I purchased this game (kind of lost - havent' really figured out how to play effectively after a couple of hours - could also use a online manual that can be read from another computer - drop a note if one is available).

Anyways I have a couple of questions:
a) Does this game have voice sound? (i.e, when i goto govt i see lips moving but hear no voices - just music et all).
b) Is there an online that can be read while playing the game (another computer for example)
c) Is the reboot another game or is the game automagically enhanced ?
(i.e, how do i pick if i play space ranger 2 reboot or just space ranger 2)
d) Any suggestions for space combat? (there is some option that can be changed in the option screen but not sure I understand it)
e) How do I search for better equipment other than flying to world after world and checking what they have ?
(mostly I'm trying to do missions to make money and avoid combat but every now and then I get sucked (or suckered) in and then quickly die :) )
f) How do i leave items on a planet and how do i pick them up - according to the information screen i left an engine on earth but no idea how i did it or how to reclaim it.

For some reason this game seems a bit less intuitive to me than king bounty - btw I have the english stardock version which includes reboot but not printed manual)

Zhuangzi
12-14-2008, 08:18 PM
It's been nearly a year since I last played (I've been waiting for Reboot) so my memory is a little vague, but I'll try to help.

a - No, I don't think the government leaders talk.

b - I don't think so.

c - Reboot is NOT another game. When you start the game, the logo should say Space Rangers 2 Reboot and you should see buttons in the bottom left to start the planetary and text quests. If not, then you are running the wrong application.

d - Not sure what advice you want here.

e - On planets, go to the Information screen, then click a magnifying glass icon on the panel. It's easy to miss. The search function has been revamped for Reboot, so I don't know exactly how it works yet.

f - On planet, the Ship screen. On the left there is a small down arrow, which allows you to put items into storage. REALLY easy to miss.

Any other questions, I'll be happy to help.

jake21
12-14-2008, 10:59 PM
Now I'm very confused. I found the icons you mentioned but how does text quest/planetarry battles differ from new game ? Are these quests different than a regular game ?

(btw b referred to online manual in case it was confusing - I realize i left a word out)

Thanks for the answers.

It's been nearly a year since I last played (I've been waiting for Reboot) so my memory is a little vague, but I'll try to help.

a - No, I don't think the government leaders talk.

b - I don't think so.

c - Reboot is NOT another game. When you start the game, the logo should say Space Rangers 2 Reboot and you should see buttons in the bottom left to start the planetary and text quests. If not, then you are running the wrong application.

d - Not sure what advice you want here.

e - On planets, go to the Information screen, then click a magnifying glass icon on the panel. It's easy to miss. The search function has been revamped for Reboot, so I don't know exactly how it works yet.

f - On planet, the Ship screen. On the left there is a small down arrow, which allows you to put items into storage. REALLY easy to miss.

Any other questions, I'll be happy to help.

Zhuangzi
12-15-2008, 06:33 AM
No, those quests are in the normal game too, but now you've got the option to play them separately if you wish. I would just dive into the main game.

jake21
12-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Another question:

Equipment (for ship) have an icon in the right hand corner. I *think* this is fuel type it uses. WHat happen if you have two items with conflicting fuel type required ?

(such as engine and protection generator) Does only one work ?

Zhuangzi
12-16-2008, 09:19 AM
The icon refers to the race of origin (Human, Gaalian, Peleng, Maloq or Freyan). It doesn't really matter if you have different types in the same ship, but I believe that some races equipment is better than others in terms of how fast they deteriorate. From memory, I think Gaalian is best and Maloq the worst. But it does balance out somewhat because the Maloq equipment will generally be cheaper.