PDA

View Full Version : Russian mods [TRANSLATED]

Lestas
12-13-2008, 08:57 PM
As I've promissed...

The first portion of russian mods (originally by SayNt) :)

Rune Exchanger. Allows you to exchange runes of one type to another. Exchange rate is 2-to-1
Army Shop. A "mobile" shop. It allows you to hire any troops you have in your army up to their maximum count.
Training Camp. Allows you to upgrade your troops. List of troops to upgrade: Swordsmen, Orcs, Elves, Zombies, Vampires, Pirates, Evileyes, Bears, Ghosts, Ents
Army Trader. Lite version of the Army Shop. (choose Info to use it)
Training Tent. Lite version of the Training Camp. (choose Info to use it)

NOTE: All of these mods need KBMaster (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=60961&postcount=47) (compatibility mod) to work.

Keneth
12-14-2008, 12:20 AM
I thought you wanted some help with that? :P

Lestas
12-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Umm...there is not so much text in them...and it's really...strange (idiotic)

saikathos
12-14-2008, 05:55 PM
are you the one who created this mods?? can i modify the files? hehee

Keneth
12-14-2008, 05:58 PM
I believe he simply translated them, and there's nothing stopping you from modifying any mod files, although if you plan on redistributing them, I suggest you give original authors some credit.

Seven
12-14-2008, 07:11 PM
@ Lestas and Keneth

The above Link to the KB Master Mod has a readme in the zip file, which is unfortunately in russian.
I want to know what exactly the KBMaster Mod is. And what does it do ?

Currently I am using different mods, which does not need the KBMaster mod. They work fine:
mod_164_eng_camera , mod_164_de_interface , mod_164_eng_armywalk , mod_larger_mapobj
(almost all of them can be found here: http://kbmods.nm.ru/eng/164/)
They keep on working with Game Vers. 1.7

Will they continue to work with KB Master mod in the mod folder ?

I am playing german Kings of Bounty and changed some lines in the interface mod to german language.
Will that be affected by the KB Master mod (can KB Master handle german lines) ?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Seven

PS: Last question: Does the 1.7 version from KBMaster mod work with 1.64 game ? Or is there a special 1.6.4 KBMaster mod ?

Keneth
12-14-2008, 09:53 PM
KBMaster is a compatibility mod that allows mods that modify the same files to work at the same time. It is, unfortunately, not compatible with any mods that are not made specifically for KBMaster with a few rare exceptions (like those that don't actually modify any game files). It also includes the interface mod by default, I'm not sure about backwards compatibility though, ideally you should only use it with 1.6.5/1.7 versions.

bman654
12-15-2008, 04:52 AM
ooh the army shop sounds great!

saikathos
12-15-2008, 06:04 AM
will it be in the ..game\data\mod folder?

wana test this mod along with the other mods..
wana tweak something...tnx

saikathos
12-15-2008, 06:14 AM
and sorry forget to ask this question..i modified exp aquisition of spirits..(faster leveling) slightly inc damage and added animation (soul drain..underground blade..blackhole)
wifes and children..items..and im trying to level my char to lvl 30 so i can see if my boost max level hero cap to lvl 35 is working..will this mods work with kb and along with the other mods? i saw the files contained in the mods i download, and as far as i can see..data redundancy and i was thingking..will the mods in this site overwrite my mods?

Lestas
12-15-2008, 07:13 AM
It's recommended to remove all mods that are not compatible with KBMaster (or to remake them so they'll be compatible with KBM) if you want to install KBMaster-compatible ones.

Gatts
12-15-2008, 09:13 AM
@ Lestas and Keneth

The above Link to the KB Master Mod has a readme in the zip file, which is unfortunately in russian.
I want to know what exactly the KBMaster Mod is. And what does it do ?

Currently I am using different mods, which does not need the KBMaster mod. They work fine:
mod_164_eng_camera , mod_164_de_interface , mod_164_eng_armywalk , mod_larger_mapobj
(almost all of them can be found here: http://kbmods.nm.ru/eng/164/)
They keep on working with Game Vers. 1.7

Will they continue to work with KB Master mod in the mod folder ?

I am playing german Kings of Bounty and changed some lines in the interface mod to german language.
Will that be affected by the KB Master mod (can KB Master handle german lines) ?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Seven

PS: Last question: Does the 1.7 version from KBMaster mod work with 1.64 game ? Or is there a special 1.6.4 KBMaster mod ?

1.)I have free-tanslated the readme from KB-Master mod, but it is up to Lestas to choose if it will be postet here (he is still the author)

2.) changing .lng files has not play-impact on the game, you can even use the mods/play the game without them... you will just get the CODE instead of explanation text... but as long you know what it does... :) so no worries in changing the text/language

3.) I removed interface MOD - as it is part of KB Master MOD (at least so I believe) but I kept camera mod - and it worked (I am not using armywalk mod at all) But here is totally bulletproof double-check anyone can do anytime: open all mods and write down / or remember / or screenshot the files it contains (even in sub-folders) if you see the same file is in more MOD's - this could be and probably is a problem... if none of the MOD's contains a file from another, means that each MOD has unique file system in it. you are FINE. (in praxis this means that you may have 20 mods, but in these mods is only one "wifes.txt" file... should you have 2 of this file - you better remove on of these two mods

4.) I have tried KB Master in 165 (not in 164) and it worked fine (but I have not played for long... next day I upgradet to 1.7) -> but there is real chance that it may cause problems, as the patches change many of the files that the MOD is based on

Lestas
12-15-2008, 09:48 AM
So...I'll clear the situation :)

KBMaster is a mod for modders. It allows to make replaces or to sdd lines to core .lua files. So if one mod uses arena.lua and another one does the same they were not compatible with each other. Now this problem is solved by KBM (thanks to NyRe, tav and others).

But the mods need to be designed specially for KBM to work together.

If someone needs to know how does it work..I'll describe :)

P.S. It also contains interface mod (eng_translation is comming this night :))

saikathos
12-15-2008, 10:24 AM
iv got trouble updating to v 1.7...after i use the patch it will prompt a msg box saying unknown error..iv already removed the previous mods iv done...my ver is 1.6b7..what seems to be the problem?

bman654
12-15-2008, 03:09 PM
fyi I converted the army-shop mod to be non-KBMaster so I could use it with my other mods along with the english interface mod (none of which use the same files as the army-shop mod). If anyone wants it, I'll upload it to this thread unless Lestas' objects.

Lestas
12-15-2008, 03:20 PM
lol

English interface mod is included in KBMaster (it'll be uploaded here this night). So there's no need to download uncompatible mods ;)

Keneth
12-15-2008, 03:27 PM
4.) I have tried KB Master in 165 (not in 164) and it worked fine (but I have not played for long... next day I upgradet to 1.7) -> but there is real chance that it may cause problems, as the patches change many of the files that the MOD is based on Patch 165 and 170 are the same except the former is for american (atari) version and the latter is for european version. If it works on 165, it works on 170. :roll:

saikathos
12-18-2008, 02:40 PM
bman can you post a link to your work? if possible..it would be much appreciated..tnx

sanjak
01-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Is there any mod that allow enemies to respawn? Thank you:)

Csimbi
01-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi all,
I have refactored the Army Shop mod in a way that it does not require the KBMaster framework anymore.
Be sure to check the readme (included); there is a trade-off to getting rid of the KBMaster framework(!):

Army Shop Mod u5
================

A "mobile" shop. It allows you to hire unit into the existing army slots, up to their maximum count - however, you have to pay double price for the new recruits.

It is based on the mod_17_Master_103_army_shop.kfs, however this has been re-factored not to require the KBMaster (compatibility mod).

The trade-off by using this one instead of the KBMaster version is this: since some files have been directly modified, there may be conflict(s) with other mods.
These files are:
- items.txt
- itextures.dat
- logic_hero.lua

Credits are due to SayNt for the original mod.

Known issues
============
Issue #1.
Symptom: Sometimes the dialog options to purchase units do not show up properly.
Problem: It appears this happens when you increase your leadership (by picking the appropriate skill) and do not close the hero dialog before talking with the army camp merchant. I seems that it is not possible to fix this without modifying other scripts - I decided to leave it alone instead.
Solution: Leave the dialog and open it again.

Updates
=======
u0 - Improved the text in the dialog.
u1 - Earlier, if you did not have enough gold, you could not buy recruits at all. I implemented a check vs. the amount of gold you have - so you can still buy the amount of units you can afford.
u2 - Fixed a bug: now the "Use" option of the item is disabled properly (you must talk with the merchant before you can use it). Updated text on all dialogs (and, consequently the Russian language files have been completely removed). Re-factored the scripts a bit again and added additional checks.
u3 - Fixed a bug: now the proper dialog options will be shown right away.
u4 - Several changes:
- The amount of available gold is now shown in the dialog.
- It is no longer necessary to use the item anymore; the units are purchased right away as you make your choice.
- It is no longer necessary to open the dialog over and over again - after purchase, you are taken right back where you were.
- Merged the two script files into one.
- Refactored repeated code sections into re-usable functions.
- Moved code that is commonly usable (by other mods) into a separate script file (new_scripts.lua)
u5 - Very minor refactor again.

Usage
=====
1. Start a new game or load an existing game.
2. Wait for a short while (10 secs or so), and the army shop item will be added to your inventory.
3. Right-click on the item and select "talk". This allows you to review the offers and make a selection.
4. Once you make a selection, the appropriate amount of recruits will be added and the gold will be taken from you.
5. Enjoy not having to rush back to certain places periodically (vs. paying double price).

Installation
============
Put the mod_17_army_shop_refactor.kfs file in the <King's Bounty>\DATA\MODS directory (if the directory does not exist, you need to create it).

Uninstallation
==============
Delete the file(s) you added during the installation.

16th of January, 2009
Csimbi

***Edit:
This is for the 1.7 English version.

*** Edit2
Updated the package. See note about "u1".

*** Edit3
Updated the package yet again. See note about "u2".

*** Edit4
Updated the package yet again. See note about "u3".

*** Edit5
Updated the package yet again. See note about "u4".

*** Edit6
Updated the package yet again. See note about "u5".

Csimbi
01-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi all,
I have refactored the Training Camp mod in a way that it does not require the KBMaster framework anymore.
Be sure to check the readme (included); there is a trade-off to getting rid of the KBMaster framework(!):

Training Camp Mod u1
====================

A "mobile" training camp. It allows you to upgrade certain troops you have in your army (leadership governs the number of the upgraded units you get) - naturally, you have to pay a sum for the upgrade.

It is based on the mod_17_Master_104_Training_camp.kfs, however this has been re-factored not to require the KBMaster (compatibility mod).
Read the update notes for additional changes.

The trade-off by using this one instead of the KBMaster version is this: since some files have been directly modified, there may be conflict(s) with other mods.
These files are:
- items.txt
- itextures.dat
- logic_hero.lua

Known issues
============
Issue #1.
Symptom: Sometimes the dialog options to purchase units do not show up properly.
Problem: It appears this happens when you increase your leadership or decreases leadership requirements for units (by picking a skill) and do not re-open the hero screen before talking with the army camp merchant. I seems that it is not possible to fix this without modifying other scripts - I decided to leave it alone instead.
Solution: Leave the dialog, close the hero screen and open them again.

Updates
=======
u0 - Improved the text in the dialog (and, consequently the Russian language files have been completely removed). Made minor tweaking to the code as well and totally changed the way you are charged for the upgrades (just talk to the trainer, he will tell you).
u1 - Several changes:
- The amount of available gold is now shown in the dialog.
- It is no longer necessary to use the item anymore; the units are upgraded instantly once you made your choice.
- It is no longer necessary to open the dialog over and over again - after upgrade, you are taken back to the dialog where you were.
- Moved code that is commonly usable (by other mods) into a separate script file (new_scripts.lua)
- Made the upgrade more expensive: now you get 50% for the old stack (was 75%) and you need to pay 125% for the upgraded stack (was 110%). (training_camp.lua -> TRAINING_CAMP_LAYOFF_COEFF = 0.5 and TRAINING_CAMP_UPGRADE_COEFF = 1.25)

Usage
=====
2. Wait for a short while (10 secs or so), and the training camp item will be added to your inventory.
3. Right-click on the item and select "talk". This allows you to review the offers and make a selection.
4. Once you make a selection, the appropriate stack will be upgraded and the gold will be taken from you.
5. Enjoy.

Installation
============
Put the mod_17_training_camp_refactor.kfs file in the <King's Bounty>\DATA\MODS directory (if the directory does not exist, you need to create it).

Uninstallation
==============

16th of January, 2009
Csimbi

Note: if you wish to use this with the Army Camp refactored mod, you need to make changes to a few files (I made it easy though)!

***Edit:

***Edit1:
Updated the package. See note(s) on u1.

Csimbi
01-08-2009, 11:42 PM
Hi all,
I have refactored the Rune Changer mod in a way that it does not require the KBMaster framework anymore.

Rune Exchange (aka. Rune Changer) Mod u1
========================================

A rune exchange. It allows you to exchange runes to another type. The exchange ratio is 2:1.

It is based on the mod_17_Master_102_rune_changer.kfs, however this has been re-factored not to require the KBMaster (compatibility mod).
Read the update notes for additional changes.

These files are:
- items.txt
- itextures.dat
- logic_hero.lua

Updates
=======
u0 - Improved the text in the dialog (and, consequently the Russian language files have been completely removed). Made minor tweaking to the code.
u1 - Several changes
- Fixed a localization issue - the name of the runes were not displayed correctly in the last two exchange options (Magic rune).
- Fixed a bug - exchanging a Magic rune would not not give you the expected Might rune.
- The name of the mod has been changed to "Rune Exchange" - I think it's more appropriate.
- It is no longer necessary to use the item anymore; the runes are exchanged instantly once you made your choice.
- It is no longer necessary to open the dialog over and over again - after an exchange, you are taken back to the dialog where you were.

Usage
=====
2. Wait for a short while (10 secs or so), and the rune changer item will be added to your inventory.
4. Once you make a selection, the appropriate runes will be exchanged.
5. Enjoy.

Installation
============
Put the mod_17_rune_changer_refactor.kfs file in the <King's Bounty>\DATA\MODS directory (if the directory does not exist, you need to create it).

Uninstallation
==============

16th of January 2009
Csimbi

Note: if you wish to use this with the any of the other "refactored" mods, you need to make changes to a few files (I made it easy though)!

***Edit
The package has been updated. See the note(s) about u1.

NolatRebme
01-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Hey Csimbi, I tried using all of your mods and they work great...sorta.

Like I can only use one of your mods at a time. If I try using all three, only the rune exchanger appears. If I remove that, I only get the army shop.

And when I do get the army shop, the dialogue comes out all garbled and appears to just be lines of code. I've tried reinstalling the game to use your mods to no avail. Any idea what could be happening?

NolatRebme
01-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Oh, and also sometimes my army shop thing doesn't appear to work. I'll try to talk to it, but I'll only get the single 'cancel' option.

Keneth
01-19-2009, 01:25 AM
Obviously the mods can't work together, they probably use the same files, that's why they were rewritten for KBMaster compatibility mod. :roll: If you want to use all of them, use the mod pack (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6002).

NolatRebme
01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
oh man, I didn't even see that. Thanks for the link.

pcbun
05-30-2009, 05:40 PM
I am interested in modding the game, and by using part of this mod, I create another mod, however, I dun know how to rename the 11111111.chat so that I can run both this mod and my mod at the same time. Can anyone give some hint so that I can amend the mod?

TheWizardKs
05-31-2009, 12:47 PM
I am interested in modding the game, and by using part of this mod, I create another mod, however, I dun know how to rename the 11111111.chat so that I can run both this mod and my mod at the same time. Can anyone give some hint so that I can amend the mod?

that file is the dialog that you see from one of the mods included in the pack. You should not need to change it. Making new chat/dialog files is not easy. It took a good day to search and browse this site to find out alot of details discussed in months past. Lots of good info, too bad there is not much activity now.

Look around and use the advanced search to search this forum.

pcbun
05-31-2009, 03:44 PM
I just find out the answer at other web site. I just think the linking is so strang. It need a software to translate the 02000000000000000100000001000000020000000C00000042 454 line into some meaningful words. After hours of work and improvement, my mod work fine now:)