PDA

View Full Version : Kordar broken?

Hento
12-12-2008, 09:15 PM
When I got to Kordar most buildings and quest NPCs are not accessible, despite active interaction-hand including on energy generator.

Hento
12-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Hello??

Lestas
12-13-2008, 08:32 PM
What version d'U play? (version number and type: nobilis/atari/...)

Hento
12-13-2008, 10:28 PM
latest version 1.7, nobilis

YENKO
12-14-2008, 04:05 PM
There is a subforum named 'Technical problems and solutions'. You may have better luck if you report there your bug.

taltamir
12-14-2008, 07:31 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5520

taltamir
12-14-2008, 07:48 PM
found this post about the issue:

Solution, known working for this problem:

1.) Backup saves

2.) Reinstall the Game: King's Bounty (even Patch it if it is applicable)

3.) Reload old saves - move out of area, return back to area... all works fine again

4.) Should steps above not work - but you found other/new solution - send me private message
Otherwise please try contacting Atari / or 1C Company tech support (This Forum is mainly for free discussion/ can't guarantee solutions)

Hento
12-15-2008, 04:53 AM
I'll try to reinstall the game then, BTW only Upper Hadar is broken, not a single dialog or building can be accessed.

taltamir
12-15-2008, 05:28 AM
yes, that is the exact same thing that happened to me and others. A reinstall fixed it.

Hento
12-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Reinstall didn't help at all.
What should I do now?
Maybe I shouldn't have saved in Upper Hadar?
How is it even possible that this game-breaking bug is omitted...

taltamir
12-17-2008, 03:22 AM
did you move OUT of the area and then back in?
Did you go far enough? (aka, try to travel by boat to freedom islands then back).
Did you try it WITHOUT the 1.7 patch? with?

Hento
12-17-2008, 07:20 PM
I went down to Lower Hadar, patch 1.7.
It would be nice if you tell me exactly what you did to make this awful bug go away?

taltamir
12-18-2008, 01:40 AM
for me personally?
On GG version. I uninstalled the game, deleted leftover files, reinstalled, and then patched to 1.7 before first run. Then I ran it, loaded the save game, and it just worked, I didn't even have to leave/reenter the zone...

If this solution did not work for you, then email customer support, this is just a self/user help forum. I am sure that if you email them your save game they could fix it. Or advise you.

Hento
12-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Your advice is invalid, Upper Hadar is permanently broken.
It's a shame, such a good game and now I have to stop not finishing half of the game.

taltamir
12-20-2008, 06:15 PM
invalid?
It works for everyone else, if it doesn't work for you then contact tech support. There is no need to be melodramatic.

Hento
12-20-2008, 10:42 PM
I already contacted them, they haven't responded and frankly what can they do except issue another official patch...

Obviously reinstallation has nothing to do with it, I reinstalled 3 times, even started a new game, Upper Hadar is always non-responsive.

radueriel
12-23-2008, 07:43 AM
I have the same problem with Upper Kordar. As soon as I leave the mines (my last save-game), my character has an automatic conversation with the dwarven guard, and then with Lina. However, none of the buildings / characters in upper Kordar are accessible--even though the hand icon becomes animated after I pass the cursor over the buildings / characters. I have reinstalled the game twice, with and without the latest patch. I have also travelled to different areas and then returned. Nothing seems to work.

This bug effectively prevents me from finishing the game-- and so far is the only bug I've encountered. I'm running a very high-end PC with Vista Premium SP1 with all the latest drivers for display, sound, motherboard, bios, etc.

Nike-it
12-23-2008, 07:53 AM
I have the same problem with Upper Kordar. As soon as I leave the mines (my last save-game), my character has an automatic conversation with the dwarven guard, and then with Lina. However, none of the buildings / characters in upper Kordar are accessible--even though the hand icon becomes animated after I pass the cursor over the buildings / characters. I have reinstalled the game twice, with and without the latest patch. I have also travelled to different areas and then returned. Nothing seems to work.

This bug effectively prevents me from finishing the game-- and so far is the only bug I've encountered. I'm running a very high-end PC with Vista Premium SP1 with all the latest drivers for display, sound, motherboard, bios, etc.

Which version are you playing?

Nike-it
12-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Guys we are trying to solve issue and fix this bug ASAP.

realswanny
12-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Have the same problem and also the secrom issue with patch 1.7. A great game, but not worth all the $&!+! Cannot get a refund from store because of the open box.

Kerozevok
12-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Guys we are trying to solve issue and fix this bug ASAP.

kordar_1.atoms.loc
kordar_1.embryos.loc
kordar_1.lus.loc

1/ Install the game.
2/ Apply the patch 1.7
3/ Place these files in *\*\King's Bounty\sessions\base
http://childofbhaal.chez-alice.fr/OperationKordar.rar
4/ Have fun. :)

frandoc444
01-05-2009, 07:51 PM
kordar_1.atoms.loc
kordar_1.embryos.loc
kordar_1.lus.loc

1/ Install the game.
2/ Apply the patch 1.7

Thank you very much, finally I can play. :o;):grin:

NelsMonsterX
01-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Thank you so much for this easy fix! No reinstalling or repatching necessary. Spared me much heartache. Now, on to the finish!

rie
01-10-2009, 11:00 AM
millions thanx for Kerozevok, now i can continue my journey again..

Annex
01-17-2009, 11:25 PM
Ah thank you so much for this, just found this patch, fixes all my issues, thanks!

Morthvargr
01-19-2009, 08:01 PM
My goodness, I just had this problem myself, and now you have fixed it immediately for me!

I am enjoying the game so much, thank you thank you thank you!

thanosg4
01-23-2009, 01:42 PM
tyvm man

Munch10
02-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Hi there,

I've got the US Atari version, which means I can't update to v1.7. I tried the files that were posted but my install doesn't have the same files in the \base\ directory.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and reapplying patch 1.65, but I still can't interact with anything in Kordar main area. I also tried exiting and coming back but no change.

Any other suggestions? Right now I can't get the 3rd spirit of rage and suspect that this bug has killed my game.

Thanks,

-Chris

Munch10
02-18-2009, 10:43 AM
So after posting this I went back to a saved game that I had previously saved when I was already in Kordor. And now it works. Save I was trying to use was before I'd entered Kordor. So maybe you need to apply the supplied patch files once you're already in Kordor and use that save. Thanks!

myowneq
09-11-2009, 10:23 AM
kordar_1.atoms.loc
kordar_1.embryos.loc
kordar_1.lus.loc

1/ Install the game.
2/ Apply the patch 1.7

This worked for me on Atari 1.6.5. Was Unable to talk to the boat dwarf and the Cold brook in Kordar. Installed those three files only and it worked. Thanks. :)

blinkythefirefly
10-21-2010, 10:36 PM
kordar_1.atoms.loc
kordar_1.embryos.loc
kordar_1.lus.loc

1/ Install the game.
2/ Apply the patch 1.7

I was ready to give up. Ran into this bug that the QA team obviously missed and the patches didn't help. I just started playing two years after this problem surfaced. It took some random player to come in and save the day? Amazing.