PDA

View Full Version : Gore & Realism ... needed ...

dariuskzoot
12-11-2008, 11:03 PM
This is a great game!!! I like everything about it ...

except ...

Where is the gore?! I mean, this is a pretty violent & aggressive enterprise at times .... and when I hit someone, or some"thing" with a Fire-Axe, I expect to see results .... it's only fitting.

Anyone who's played this, or is in the midst of it know how to tweak up the gore / blood a bit? ... is it even possible? was it coded into the game at all, somewhere ...

I've found some files, but don't want to get too gung-ho & screw up the game I have in progress ...

Any thoughts on this?!

Thx

DKZ

Jon
12-12-2008, 03:37 AM
Well , the enemies are frozen and dead ;)

Metroplex
12-12-2008, 04:29 AM
Gore will spoil this wonderful game, it is perfect as it is.
I am sure some twisted mind will make a MOD one day until then the game appeals to mostly everyone.
If you want gore get Soldier Of Fortune Payback.:)

dariuskzoot
12-12-2008, 04:44 AM
"Well , the enemies are frozen and dead" ...

good point!!! ...

I wasn't complaining ... and actually ... the whole frozen thing does make sense ... that's another facet of this game that I love ... the uniqueness of it all ...

I tried SOF Payback a couple of months back ... and found myself un-installing it after less than 10 mins of gameplay .... simply put .. it was awful.

Thanks for the replies....

DKZ

SwedKnoT
12-12-2008, 01:49 PM
In some earlier video/videos there were blood in Cryostasis, maybe they thought it wouldn´t fit in the game or something. I have nothing against some/much blood but I don´t think you must have it in this game either.

SoF Payback was extreme, hehe, I like cutting people in small tiny pieces :P but there was something that made me don´t like it :/