PDA

View Full Version : Atari Digital Download

Snarl
12-10-2008, 09:29 PM
Just wondering, those that used this service are you satisfied ? did it work well ?

Cheers; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada

Petrov
12-12-2008, 04:45 AM
It was fine, until i installed the 1.7 patch, whereby it asked for activation again - and neither auto activation, nor manual activation using my original serial code worked. i had to reinstall the 1.6 build to get it to activate.

based on my experience, its hard to recommend the atari format, unless you dont care about patches.

petrov.

JJMan
12-12-2008, 05:05 AM
1.7 is not for the Atari download. It specifically says "King's Bounty: The Legend patch (version 1.7) is now available for download. The Patch works only with retail version, published by Nobilis. "

I am very happy with my download from Atari.

Snarl
12-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks Guy's, appreciate the info, I was holding out for Steam/Stardock as I've best results with their download service however I want to get the game so may end up giving Atari a shot as no indication yet if Steam/Stardock will be getting the game.

Cheers; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada

nemesis99
12-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Hey snarl, you should consider gamersgate.com as well in purchasing King's Bounty. Gamersgate.com is run by Paradox Interactive (Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, among other titles). They've had quicker patches than both Atari and Direct2Drive for King's Bounty and 1.7 is already available.

I use it for King's Bounty and haven't had any issues. I've used both Impulse and Steam as well for other games. Gamersgate allows you to download whenever you want, and only needs to activate the game upon installation and after that there's no need to connect online to play the game.

Atari's download site apparently has some kind of 2-3 month limit on re-downloads, I've never used it, but stayed away from it because of that and from the forums they've been behind on patches.

Snarl
12-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the Tip, I ended up ordering from GamersGate and it worked great, game installed and 1.7 patched and I'm just starting to play now, no problems and I really like the game so far (Old Heroes Fan).

Cheers; Snarl

Another Guy From Canada