PDA

View Full Version : 1.7 Patch requires re-activation - but doesn't work!

Petrov
12-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Hello

I purchased KB using the Atari digital download, and I got a serial code with it. It installed fine and activated without a problem. However, tonight I downloaded the 1.7 patch and applied it successfuly, sort of. When I try to load KB now, it takes me to the SecurROM activation app, and it won't let me automatically update (says application error), and manually inputting the serial code that came with my original download doesn't work either.

Do I have to reinstall and never update with patches, or is there some other solution??

I'm beginning to understand why people hate digital DRM...

Thanks,

Petrov.

Gatts
12-11-2008, 10:28 AM
Try first to deactivate all Client services you don't need, also deactivat Firewall and all security software (for the first run after patched) and try again.

Also have a look in this thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5549

Petrov
12-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Still no luck unfortunately. Is the GamersGate digital version the same as the Atari version?

Has anyone applied the 1.7 patch to the Atari version without triggering the Activation process again (or at least, if it does need reactivation, it works?)

Thanks,
Petrov.

Nike-it
12-12-2008, 05:54 AM
Still no luck unfortunately. Is the GamersGate digital version the same as the Atari version?

Has anyone applied the 1.7 patch to the Atari version without triggering the Activation process again (or at least, if it does need reactivation, it works?)

Thanks,
Petrov.

These versions are not similar, the patch for your version will be released very soon.

gediv
12-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Purchased boxed product in USA. Installed game and then went to website and installed 1.7 patch. DRM bug says I don't have correct DVD now.

Warning to people with the Atari version, don't install the 1.7 patch! Install the one below it.

Petrov
12-15-2008, 06:27 PM
hen you say "install the one below it", do you mean that the 1.65 patch will work with the Atari version?

It was mentioned that the 1.7 Atari patch will be available soon - any admins/mods have any sense for how soon?

Thanks,
Petrov.

Nike-it
12-16-2008, 05:41 AM
hen you say "install the one below it", do you mean that the 1.65 patch will work with the Atari version?

It was mentioned that the 1.7 Atari patch will be available soon - any admins/mods have any sense for how soon?

Thanks,
Petrov.

Probably next week

Raymond Shiu
12-16-2008, 08:04 AM
>Purchased boxed product in USA. Installed game and then went to website >and installed 1.7 patch. DRM bug says I don't have correct DVD now.

>Warning to people with the Atari version, don't install the 1.7 patch! Install >the one below it.

Same as the friend above, I purchased a perfect LEGAL boxed copy in Hong Kong local store, and cannot start the game for once! Always saying that I have incorrect DVD inserted!

Please fix it asap. For the game seems to have a good reputation, its quite frustrating to find that it has so serious bug.

Gatts
12-16-2008, 09:13 AM
1.) when installing any patch - watch carefully for which version it is: Boxed or Downloadable...
2.) when installing patch + when first time running patched game: Deactivate firewall, client services
3.) remove all MOD's if already installed (remove them fully from KB folder, not just from MODS folder... )

Raymond Shiu
12-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Have already tried patch 1.6.5 already before use the 1.7, both have similar message from securom saying invalid dvd.

Had already turn off firewall and anti-virus already before running it.

Any suggestions?

Rgds.

Gatts
12-16-2008, 03:46 PM
Well... sorry, but now comes the "lame" suggestion:
Try contacting the professional support (here is only "players for players" discussion... so we can't guarantee 100% solutions... sorry)

If you have boxed version - check your manual / box for tech support email, if you downloaded it - this has to be in your confirmation email which you received at the day you payed it / downloaded it (activated the download prior saving it on HDD) -> global electronic law makes it mandatory to provide users/customers with tech support information (chat, hotline, email, one of these three)