PDA

View Full Version : the game crashes by the time the level loads..

Puchatek
12-10-2008, 05:58 PM
i installed king's bounty PL and applied official Cenega Poland 1.6.5 patch including 1.7 changes.. i started the game, i ran it on recommended default video options and 5 secs after loading... the pc restarted.. the game was running smoothly, no malfunctioning.. graphics was ok and fps was good.. so i decided to lower graphics settings to minimum.. the same.. i installed latest ATI Catalyst.. now the pc crashes RIGHT after loading, it doesnt wait even 5 seconds.. the game was visible for... 0.3 seconds? it's weird.. i thought hat maybe i have too weak graphics card, but no.. in these 5 seconds game was running smoothly, i could rotate the camera without any problems, no texture, model corruptions.. everything was ok.. but keeped restarting.. only plying KB results in such way.. any ideas?

my card is RADEON 9600 PRO 256M AGP, and processor is Athlon XP 2700+, 2G RAM.. the game default settings is 1280x1024, normal texture details, and high water appearance.. so it dont seem to be graphics problem..

i know, it's ancient device, but i stated it.. the game was running perfectly, but it was lasting 5-7 seconds until restart.. i could move my character, go to hero window.. and then restart.. menu works perfectly, i have got saves from other computer with KB installed, and there are no problems.. i thougght that maybe the save makes problems, but no.. any new game started behaves in identical way.. i bought King's Bounty: Legenda Edycja Kolekcjonerska (Collector's Edition), it is no cracked or ripped version.. help me, please.. i think i tried everything.. adjusting the card in catalyst control center.. i;m fed up with it..

Gatts
12-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Based on your description - I am sure that the "shut-down" behaviour is different from mine, still check this thread if it could help you in any way:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5530

Puchatek
12-11-2008, 10:19 AM
unfortunately no, but big thanks for reply:) i had cleaned my computer totally few days before i registered here..

Lestas
12-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Umm...I'll ask dev-team about this issue today.

But I think that the reason is your processors overheat. Try to change heat paste if u've already cleaned your PC from dust.

stpkg
12-15-2008, 02:13 AM
I also experience system restart or program crash & exit problem.
The crash occurs rather random for me but all in the adventure mode.

I listed some of the situation I experienced crash or system restart below:
1) Just finished loading the game
2) running around within a short time after entering the game
3) running around from area to area
4) running around after playing for a long time.

I sent my DXdiag report to support but he seemed cannot figure out any problem.
I think that the crash is related to conflicts with either DISPLAY or SOUND. However, since most of my games do not have this problem, I gather that this is a program fault.
Unlike XBox, PS or Wii, the hardware and software of a PC varies a lot.
Nevertheless, this is the responsibility of the PC game developer to release a stable game.

Puchatek
12-15-2008, 04:18 PM
so.. i think it is not processor issue, cause:

1. both crysis and crysis: warhead are running on 1024x768 res with med details... no problems... for comparison, crysis requires minimum Intel 3,2 Ghz or Athlon 3200+.. i have 2700+ 2,15Ghz..

2. nfs:ps also 1024x768 res and med details.. no fps lagging..

so, what's the problem? is kb more advanced in system reqs than those three? on MIN reqs? i tried default.ini trick, with changing value of ps20 to ps11.. the same.. 3d analyze doesnt work.. i'm pissed off.. on my dell inspiron notebook, with crappy integrated graphics card.. kb runs perfectly, on min settings, BUT IT RUNS..

/cry

@up: yes, i agree completely.. the game is great, it is.. hm.. maybe the best game of the year, but.. unstable as hell.. on my vista notebook it runs, but often lags and *occurred strange operation* -> Quit Process! sweet white cross on red dot : O but issue with MY PC beats everythin..

Possible Solution No.1 - for sure, i turned off the sound.. problem persists.. sound card installed properly, graphics card also with latest catalyst.. *gets shot in the head*
Works? NO!

Possible Solution No.2
omg, it is really, really sick.. in default.ini there are some other lines with some settings which are unaccessible through game interface, like bi/tri/none filtering, or texture mips.. i set ALL OF THEM to the Most Horrible and...? the same... ._.
Works? Again NO!

Possible Solution No.3
someone told that uninstalling catalyst, cleaning system with driversweeper and installing catalyst again should do the trick... unfortunately, he was wrong in my case x_X
Works? BLOODY HELL, NO!!

stpkg
12-18-2008, 11:41 PM
May be we cannot actually turn the music off but only set the volume to zero.
I think whenever the game load a new background music, there is a little chance to crash.

stpkg
12-25-2008, 11:45 AM
One new finding to game crash is the Googleupdate.exe running from background.
Though I have disable this service, however, it resume silently from time to time.
Anybody knows how to disable it permanently.

ruodd
11-18-2009, 02:07 AM
eva get any resolution on this, sounds like my exact problem >.>