PDA

View Full Version : HD Video: Attack to a Fyord in P47

TUCKIE_JG52
12-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Now that Youtube finally activated the HD quality (if you have good connection), I made a quick video depicting a mission that E69_Unghaar Ghall and me flew in the Escuadron 69 dedicated server in Hyperlobby:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=iFafNWfwUmA&fmb=22

PS:better clicking on the link to see it in HD, embedded player still not upgraded...

LEXX
12-09-2008, 02:57 PM
AwSim!http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d178/Lexx_Luthor/Smileys/thumbs.gif

vanderstok
12-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Great video!

Funny that everyone is talking about "HD" quality on youtube, while it is actally "normal" quality (640 pixels wide) instead of "low" quality what Youtube originally offers!

TUCKIE_JG52
12-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Why doesn't my game look like that? What's the film maker's computer specs and settings?

It's a laptop dual Core@2,0 Mhz, 2 Gb RAM, Geforce 8400. Water is at 3 level, not at ins maximum.

TUCKIE_JG52
12-10-2008, 11:05 PM
Great video!

Funny that everyone is talking about "HD" quality on youtube, while it is actally "normal" quality (640 pixels wide) instead of "low" quality what Youtube originally offers!

The fact is that the new HD link does only appear if the video was originaly rendered at HD Widescreen resolution, and if the viewer has enough bandwith. If one or neither of these two conditions are not acomplished, the only link that appears is the old "Watch in High quality", that is the 640x480 you are referring at.

the new HD view is far superior than that "High" quality, and I can assure that in this mode, the youtube video barely lose any quality from the original file I have on my Pc ;)

vanderstok
12-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Well I did click the "HD" option and when playing it now shows a "normal" quality option so I must be in "HD" mode!

It is indeed a lot better than standard quality, but I was referring to the "official" HD modes of 720p (1280x720) and 1080p (1920x1080). It's funny to see how marketeers everywhere are putting "HD" somewhere in the productname just to cash in on the current high definition video hype....

TUCKIE_JG52
12-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Maybe you have slow connection, the video was uploaded at 1080p 6Mbps, and it still looking almost with no quality loss whan playing in full screen mode from Youtube. Maybe you are in medium quality mode due to slow connection, try from another computer...

Man, I'm not a marketeer from youtube,I'm just telling what I see with my eyes ;)

robtek
12-11-2008, 09:44 PM
one minor thing in this nice movie that i have to mention: the marking "ZZ" on one of the p47 usually indicates a bit sloppiness because no squadron was choosen in the arming screen. Besides that, quite good.

TUCKIE_JG52
12-11-2008, 11:20 PM
one minor thing in this nice movie that i have to mention: the marking "ZZ" on one of the p47 usually indicates a bit sloppiness because no squadron was choosen in the arming screen. Besides that, quite good.

True, as I said, that was a quick video. Only 4 hours of editing. I had no more time :(

Friendly_flyer
12-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Nice video (and very well timed to the music), it seems you and your mate had a smashing time on HL!

_RAAF_Stupot
12-31-2008, 03:04 AM
I didn't realise until I saw your video that YouTube now supports 720p or 1080p formats......it's what I've been waiting for :-P:-P

So the first thing I then tried was making my own HD YouTube video. This was uploaded as a 1280 x 720p video in .mov format (Total file size around 770 Mb) !!.

Unfortunately it still is not available as an HD video - I wonder if it has to be in 1080p format. Another thing, as YouTube limits uploads to 1Gb HD videos will probably limited to a max. duration of around 4 minutes......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIgrXF5y4Xk

TUCKIE_JG52
01-02-2009, 01:06 AM
Awesome video!

Actually, I see tht a video is only available in "HD" quality if it's so much requested. If not, the maximum quality is set bact to only "High".

checkmysix
01-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Well I did click the "HD" option and when playing it now shows a "normal" quality option so I must be in "HD" mode!

It is indeed a lot better than standard quality, but I was referring to the "official" HD modes of 720p (1280x720) and 1080p (1920x1080). It's funny to see how marketeers everywhere are putting "HD" somewhere in the productname just to cash in on the current high definition video hype....

Hi Guys
TUCKIE_JG52 is right when you watch in Full Screen Mode with HD the quality is much sharper than "Watch in High Quality" in F.S.Mode.

Publish to Youtube in HD

Follow these steps and fingers crossed it should work.
1.PUBLISH MOVIE
2.Publish to "VIDEOS" folder
3.Choose"MORE SETTINGS"option
4.SELECT"Windowsmedia HD.720p(PALS)5.9 mbps"
5.PUBLISH.

Download DrDIVX (free) Open folder and in Input box add movie from "VIDEOS"folder>QUALITY to "Extreme Quality".
Next go to ADVANCED page and press Pre-Prossesing>Image Processing>Progressive output(ON)>RESOLUTION>slide to MAX>AUDIO>Bitrate=128kbps>ENCODE>Press Resume.

NOTE:SYSTEM CONFIG AND O.S MAY EFFECT RESULTS .I HAVE WINDOWS VISTA HOME (32)
This has worked for me (SO FAR)
Good luck ;)
Keith..