PDA

View Full Version : possibly the first bug of many?? ...

dariuskzoot
12-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Greetings all ...

I've just started a new game ... gone through the opening synopsis, etc. ... just gained control of my character ... opened the frozen hatch .... crouched to go through it .... then .... nothing.

I cannot pass through the hatch ... no matter how I try ... jumping / sideways / run at it .. then crouch / jump ..... close hatch behind myself = nothing ...

any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated, as it looks to be a great game if I could ever get the thing underway, that is ....

Also, I've noticed that when my character is meant to be standing still ... he appears to be continuously hopping up and down .... is he just cold?! .. or, is this yet another glitch in the game that I have discovered?!

Much thanks for any assistance ...

Darius K. Zoot:confused::-x:(

dariuskzoot
12-09-2008, 06:45 PM
well, 20 views & not a single reply except my own .....

Too bad this thing is unplayable ... it showed such promise!!!

Perhaps when an Official Patch is released that will stop you from jumping up & down incessantly, as well as allow you to pass through open doors.....

Then, and only then ... would this be worth trying to play.

Too Funny!!!

DKZ

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Did you read the others theads?? Some people already finished it so i dont think it is a game problem...

dariuskzoot
12-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Yes, I am well aware that there are people who have finished the game ...

that is why I am here seeking advice as to how they managed to trick the game into letting them through that first hatch I'm talking about in order to go forth and enjoy the rest of the game .....

I've re-installed thye thing 4 times ... updated my graphics drivers, etc. etc. etc.

Nothing seems to fix it ...

maybe I just have a bad copy ...

who knows.

Oh well .... back to Fallout 3 I go ....

Jon
12-10-2008, 02:09 AM
Save the game with F5, and try again. I happened this in the 5 or 6 level, in a scene in which an enemy runs out of bullets, which appears in some videos. I could not go through the door, only open it.

dariuskzoot
12-10-2008, 03:04 AM
I believe I've got things sorted out, thanks ...

A very nice Norweigian sent me their savedgames folder, which contained some quicksaves right at the beginning just inside the hatch that was giving me trouble.

I'm on the 4th level now, and all seems well ....

well, except for all those frozen zombies trying to kill me, that is ... lol!!

Darius

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-10-2008, 07:03 AM
When i buy the game i will kill all the enemies. To enjoy a fps game you must kill evryone!!

SwedKnoT
12-10-2008, 01:15 PM
When i buy the game i will kill all the enemies. To enjoy a fps game you must kill evryone!!

But I will enjoy the atmosphere/environments even more :)

The name of the engine they use in the game is so perfect too, AtmosFear engine 2.0, the atmosphere and the fear you feel when you´re playing it (i hope you feel fear) :)

Jon
12-11-2008, 12:54 AM

Realy the game not is a FPS ;). You are mistaken . It's more like Penumbra or Silent Hill , a survival-horror

ZIGS
12-11-2008, 01:20 AM
Goddamnnit I loved Penumbra, MUST PLAY THIS GAME!!!

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-11-2008, 10:53 AM
I didnt like penumbre because it had very little action!

dariuskzoot
12-11-2008, 11:33 AM
This game is a lot like the Penumbra series ...

But, as mentioned, it is more intense / action driven ...

and the graphics in this really make it immersive ...

You can "sense + feel" the cold as it creeps in on you ...

There are quite a few nice, scary moments too ....

blindly swinging thine axe like a madman, trying to cleave into that thing making such a seductive russian-emphasemic-gurrgly-racket ....

I honestly have to say that I am hooked on this game!!!!

DKZ

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-11-2008, 02:18 PM
i have good news!! Finaly i got the game!!! But i have and some bad news...... the game dosent work at all for me! It crashes evry time i click the icon and i get this error message:AppNam:cryostasis.exe AppVer:1.0.0.1 ModName:ntdll.dll ModVer:5.1.2600.2180 Offset:0001029

PLEASE HELP!!

dariuskzoot
12-11-2008, 04:48 PM
The best advice I could give would be to update everything you've got software wise ... including graphics drivers .. Framework.net ... blah blah blah ...

I'm sure that you are doing or have done this already ...

are you running XP or Vista?

Here's what runs it perfectly for me:

XP Pro Essential (SP3 Edition)
SATA Raptor 10,000 rpm
ATI Radeon X1300
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66
2gb DDR RAM

Hopefully you get it sorted out ... you'll love this game!!

It made me shelf Fallout 3 for the moment ... it's that good.

Darius

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I have intalled Physx 8.94 and i read in another russian forum http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=el&u=http%3A%2F%2Fkamrad.ru%2Fshowthread.php%3Fs%3D7c 0dcb84e2bbb89d63c34e21458960b9%26postid%3D1704585&sl=ru&tl=en that some people havw this problem too.. Please help!!!!

Any solution?

B.F.
12-11-2008, 06:42 PM
You can try this advice.
1) Go to WINDOWS \ System32
2) Find msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll
3) Delete these files.
4) Try launch the game again.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-11-2008, 06:43 PM
i found the solution it is here in the last post http://kamrad.ru/showthread.php?threadid=86839&perpage=25&pagenumber=4

But online translators are realy horrible so can you please tell me what it says?

B.F.
12-12-2008, 04:39 AM
There is no solution there.
There is only advice about installing second clear Windows copy on any free volume on your hard disk to play the game. :)

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-12-2008, 10:46 AM
It dosent let me delete the files! i get a error messge that i dont have permision to delete it!! And there are not in system 32 i did a search on c and it found them on another folder... Any other solutions???

B.F.
12-12-2008, 12:58 PM
The wrong ones is the one in system32.
Same files in other folders is unimportant.

You can also uninstall Phyzx drivers and install the phyzx driver from the disk.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-12-2008, 05:52 PM
There is not anything on system 32 folder...:(:( But i found them in this folder,,,

Are these the wrong ones?

B.F.
12-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Programs look dll files in it's own folder or in system32 folder.
If it's not the case then problem in something else.

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-12-2008, 06:31 PM
There is not any msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll in systen 32 folder.. There are only in other folders... Also i saw in kamrad.ru forum that some other people had this problem too(they get the same error like me) and someone found the solution but i dont know russian so i had to read it with google tranlator that realy sucks... I think you know russian dont you? If yes can you pleaase read the topic about this problem on kamrad.ru forum and find what i need to do ?:):)

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-12-2008, 08:22 PM
I have a more serious problem now!!!! Finaly i deleted msvcp80.dll and msvcr80.dll and now most of my programs and games dosent work!!!! Now i need to format the pc!! B.F. You didnt tell me that by deleting these 2 files it will cause damage to the computer!!

NOW MY COMPUTER HAVE SOME SERIOUS PROBLEMS BECAUSE OF YOU!!!

!!!:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil ::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:: evil::evil::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::tw isted:

Jon
12-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Reinstall Windows :grin:

ZIGS
12-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Wow, you actually deleted the files? I'm pretty sure B.F. was joking, if he wasn't, he's a dick lol

B.F.
12-13-2008, 05:55 AM
I think I tell you delete this files ONLY if they were in system32 folder.
Now you need to return this files back to program folders, or in system32 folder.
http://www.dll-files.com/
Also, you dont need format hard drive to reinstall windows

BAXTER STOCKMAN
12-13-2008, 07:06 AM
I will reinstall windows!!

thales100
12-15-2008, 10:07 AM
But I will enjoy the atmosphere/environments even more :)

The name of the engine they use in the game is so perfect too, AtmosFear engine 2.0, the atmosphere and the fear you feel when you´re playing it (i hope you feel fear) :)

Sounds really great. :grin: