PDA

View Full Version : Haas' Labyrinth Map

Gaius315
12-08-2008, 05:44 PM
It took me a while to find a map of the labyrinth and I was just too lazy to record everything down on paper as I worked my way through. I finally found someone linking to a map on kingsbounty.ru forums.

I did NOT make this map and I left the original author's signature in the bottom-right. I did, however, translate the key and locations into English as well as add a few features of my own. The passages are now numbered and a person can follow the passages in numerological order (from 1 to 26) as well as the first little side path (A to B and then back) for easy navigation and hit every single room. I did this in preparation for myself so all I have to do is go from one number to the next, clearing the rooms as I go without missing any of them. I hope this helps someone else out there.

Get it here (http://webpages.charter.net/reiht/haaslab.jpg).

Gatts
12-08-2008, 05:52 PM
It took me a while to find a map of the labyrinth and I was just too lazy to record everything down on paper as I worked my way through. I finally found someone linking to a map on kingsbounty.ru forums.

I did NOT make this map and I left the original author's signature in the bottom-right. I did, however, translate the key and locations into English as well as add a few features of my own. The passages are now numbered and a person can follow the passages in numerological order (from 1 to 26) as well as the first little side path (A to B and then back) for easy navigation and hit every single room. I did this in preparation for myself so all I have to do is go from one number to the next, clearing the rooms as I go without missing any of them. I hope this helps someone else out there.

Get it here (http://webpages.charter.net/reiht/haaslab.jpg).

This is most usefull, thank you!

btw - I know that other maps are not so desperately needed, but asking is for free : Would you mind to "Englishize" other maps as well?

Gaius315
12-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Reply with links to the maps you want me to "englishize" and I'll do it when I have a little more free time.

Btw, I plan on adding the locations of Haas' Seven Embodiments as I go through and then I'll up the new map after it's edited.

Gatts
12-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Reply with links to the maps you want me to "englishize" and I'll do it when I have a little more free time.

Btw, I plan on adding the locations of Haas' Seven Embodiments as I go through and then I'll up the new map after it's edited.

Well, maybe someone could help me out here (someone who can browse on Russian forums) - I have only heard / read stories about maps on russian forums, but as I can't really use SEARCH on the forums and clicking on each thread is somehow time consuming... well... I hoped ... nevermind...

So anyone - could you please help us with the map links here? Cheers!

Gaius315
12-09-2008, 06:25 AM
I've updated the map. It now contains the names and locations of all Incarnations of Haas as well as all shops. As this is my first time through, I'm not sure if the Dragons are in set locations or randomly placed like most troops, so their locations may very well be useless. Shop locations are not, however, even though I can't list what troops you can hire since that WILL be random. At any rate, the map is even more updated than before. You can get the new one from the original post or click here:

Map of Haas' Labyrinth (http://webpages.charter.net/reiht/haaslab.jpg)

Lestas
12-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Haas' Labyrinth randomizes each time you start a new game ;) So the map can be far not 100% correct :)

Gatts
12-09-2008, 12:50 PM
The portal system is each game randomized? (Good I did not spent the time and effort energy to mark / create my own map -> old games were playable only if you used square paper and pencil - and ducktape to attach more A4 square papers together... new games are somehow more intuitive... I just each time used F5 + F8 to proceed trough the labyrinth...

Anyway, I found a MOD with interactive maps... which are all in russian, so if anyone could translate this mod, we (not so favourite to understand Russian) would surely appreciate it:

http://kingsbounty.ru/mods/info/KBMap_v1_by_Infeus.zip

Gaius315
12-10-2008, 01:58 AM
Haas' Labyrinth randomizes each time you start a new game ;) So the map can be far not 100% correct :)

I figured as much. Oh well, at least the shop locations stay the same and the main purpose for the map (passage paths) is still useful.

The portal system is each game randomized? (Good I did not spent the time and effort energy to mark / create my own map -> old games were playable only if you used square paper and pencil - and ducktape to attach more A4 square papers together... new games are somehow more intuitive... I just each time used F5 + F8 to proceed trough the labyrinth...

Anyway, I found a MOD with interactive maps... which are all in russian, so if anyone could translate this mod, we (not so favourite to understand Russian) would surely appreciate it:

http://kingsbounty.ru/mods/info/KBMap_v1_by_Infeus.zip

No, the portals do NOT randomize. The path is accurate. I know this because I used the russian map to navigate through and all portals went to where the map "said" they did. The only mistake was the maker forgot to mark one of the one-way portals. The earliest one to be exact. This one, however, allows you to travel through one way and does nothing the other rather than letting you come in and then leading to a different room if re-entered as the rest of them do. The only useless data on my map is the locations of the dragons and 2 named troops (Kemilho and Aha for me.) I hope the rest helps, though.

PS: I'll take a look at that mod you have and see what I can do. No promises, though. I don't know Russian, either, but I "translated" the first one because I knew what the tags should have said. Such as the locations of the Valley of a Thousand Rivers and Murock as well as the legend in the bottom-left.

Gaius315
12-10-2008, 02:55 AM
I took a look at the prog and it should be pretty easy to edit but time-consuming. I'll start on it tomorrow and see if I can finish it in a reasonable time frame. I'll start with just translating locations/NPCs and then work on sub-categories like quests. Let you know how it's going soon.

Gatts
12-10-2008, 09:10 AM
I took a look at the prog and it should be pretty easy to edit but time-consuming. I'll start on it tomorrow and see if I can finish it in a reasonable time frame. I'll start with just translating locations/NPCs and then work on sub-categories like quests. Let you know how it's going soon.

Cool, thanks!

Gaius315
12-12-2008, 02:18 AM
I've been working on the prog a little, but I've hit a roadblock. So far I have a rough translation of all the map objects. Most of these are in broken english but you can pretty much tell what they are. Eventually I'll convert then into clearer english. The program internals, however, such as the display and the menus are still in Russian and I'm currently looking for a way to edit the text therein so I can translate everything else as well. I'm posting a link to the NEW KBmapDB.mdb file which is the database the program uses for the names of the icons on the map. Maybe that'll help a little until (and if) I can get the rest translated.

KBmap (http://webpages.charter.net/reiht/KBMap.zip)

Gatts
12-12-2008, 07:03 AM
I've been working on the prog a little, but I've hit a roadblock. So far I have a rough translation of all the map objects. Most of these are in broken english but you can pretty much tell what they are. Eventually I'll convert then into clearer english. The program internals, however, such as the display and the menus are still in Russian and I'm currently looking for a way to edit the text therein so I can translate everything else as well. I'm posting a link to the NEW KBmapDB.mdb file which is the database the program uses for the names of the icons on the map. Maybe that'll help a little until (and if) I can get the rest translated.

KBmapDB.mdb (http://webpages.charter.net/reiht/KBmapDB.mdb)

Thanks a LOT!
Don't worry about the quality, I am sure every KB player will know what is written there, and we may not need so much some of the "still in Russian" menus... so I would call your effor max effective! Thanx again.

After I tried it: it is 100% when I am looking for quest person/ quest -> roll down menu is in English so it is just about clicking on the name and the program shows me the right location and the right map... I have still some question marks in some roll down menus - what may look little bit confusing, but still as the map program reacts right away, by "click an see" strategy I can freely explore the map and what is on the map is all in English - again 100% sucess... so when I count in some menus still in original language, I would give it 90% of success -> our company would love to have 90% sattisfaction :)

Gaius315
12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Well I'm glad it helps. I'm a perfectionist but, unfortunately, the rest of the menus are hard-coded in the executable and, even though it's just Visual Basic, I don't have the tools or programming knowledge necessary to decompile and edit the files. An entirely new program would have to be written, so:

If there's anyone out there who can code a new prog to utilize a Microsoft Access Database or even write a webpage that can utilize xml (I could convert the database) then we could have a full English tool.

Locating the NPCs and shops works, but the tool has other features that I'm sure would be useful if we could understand how to navigate them. It has quests and their steps listed as well, but that's only somewhat functional now as you can see it in the bottom-right of the default mode when selecting icons on the map. At any rate, I don't think there's anything else I can do to better this program for english-speaking users at this point, but if anyone wants to use the translated database to create a new tool, go right ahead, it isn't my creation to begin with, I just translated it.

Gaius315
12-12-2008, 05:56 PM
KBMap.rar (http://webpages.charter.net/reiht/KBMap.rar)

Updated the database a little more and reposted it in a RAR with the entire program and a few extras. Click above to download or visit the thread I started HERE (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5620).

The thread includes a screenshot of the program that has a guide showing what some parts of the UI do or what the Russian says.