PDA

View Full Version : EB Games in Australia has never heard of KB!

Metroplex
12-07-2008, 06:20 PM
I went to enquire as to the status of King's Bounty because I read somewhere it was going to be released on 11 December 2008 in Oz, they did a computer search and didn't know about such game...:mad:
No wonder the game is low on sales no one knows about it!
Meanwhile, mediocre, CRAP rubbish :evil:games get all the publicity in magazines and shops, Far cry 2 for instance...

Gatts
12-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Well - Game business is mercyless as any other business - you can see "low cost / low quality" fast food shops anywhere, winning new and new customer on their quite crappy food just thanx to their aggressive marketing. Shops are full of low cost goods buth which have high cost good marketing marks - and people feel "proud" having them even if their t-shirt will fall off after 5 uses.

The best example was the "hypermarket" / "supermarket" boom in EU - when the old-scool small shops started to dissappear one after another, now there are really only few.

As I know how KB good is, it is hard to believe it has low sale values, but well - most gamers have their own ways how to decide what to buy, and the real quality is revealt first when you really play the game... but not everyone goes so far to download the demo...

To be hones when I saw the first pics from KB some months before DEMO was released - I was quite sceptic and pesimistic and I was certain it is just another "commercial game".... luckily my collegue who knows my game taste installed by force the game on my PC and basically it was him who made the "marketing" part -> because as soon I was in the game for 20 seconds, I knew I want it...

Still I wonder much for the low sale, as from the many gamers I know, each with different game taste and priorities - all of them have one thing common - they rely a lot on reviews - and KB had GREAT reviews... Maybe nowtoday the missing Multiplayer could be the reason?

(The same happened in our game shop in Slovakia - where the clerks have usually great overview of game world, and I alos had to make them "google" for it... sad sad... but this was on the first world release so I somehow accepted it)

grjohnson
12-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I went to enquire as to the status of King's Bounty because I read somewhere it was going to be released on 11 December 2008 in Oz, ...

Yep, EB certainly have their finger on the pulse for the one :rolleyes:

I bought it through eBay via Singapore... couldn't get it anywhere in Oz.