PDA

View Full Version : Is the released patch 1.7 for use with GamersGate version?

cicobuff
12-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi,
I have purchased the GamersGate version of the game.
Is the released patch 1.7 for use with GamersGate version?

cicobuff

Nike-it
12-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Hi,
I have purchased the GamersGate version of the game.
Is the released patch 1.7 for use with GamersGate version?

cicobuff

not yet, it will be available soon

cicobuff
12-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the update.

Riemumieli
12-08-2008, 07:45 PM
The update is now available.

cicobuff
12-10-2008, 12:16 AM
The update is now available.

Thanks! Got it from GamersGate and works nicely.

Alto
12-11-2008, 02:31 PM
hello,
I see that the 1.7 is ready for d/l with the GG digital purchase, good.
A few questions though ;
1) Does this patch include all the other patches released ? I mean I am still playing a game where some things aren't avaliable to me i.e. Kraken ( Mirabella ), can't have kids with the elven woman and a few other things I can't remember.
2) Do I just d/l it and place it in the same folder as KB:TL and run it from there ?
3) Does it corrupt my previous saves ?

Thanks in advance, Alto :)

Gatts
12-11-2008, 03:32 PM
hello,
I see that the 1.7 is ready for d/l with the GG digital purchase, good.
A few questions though ;
1) Does this patch include all the other patches released ? I mean I am still playing a game where some things aren't avaliable to me i.e. Kraken ( Mirabella ), can't have kids with the elven woman and a few other things I can't remember.
2) Do I just d/l it and place it in the same folder as KB:TL and run it from there ?
3) Does it corrupt my previous saves ?

Thanks in advance, Alto :)

1) As long as I know - YES - 1.7 should contain it all :) (at least you will have kids with Neoka, and be able to Marry Mirabella)
2) I ran it from my USB Key and it worked just fine
3) No - you saves are "untouchable" - I moved my saves between 16b7, 164, 165 and 17 versions (as I reinstalled the game a lot till I realized the problem is my Video Card) and it all worked just perfect (in any way, up or down a version) ---- Not to mention I am using always different MODs :)

Danny
12-12-2008, 04:28 AM
Dear Gatts & Gamers of KB,

Patch 1.7 for GamersGate purchase:-

Does it mean even if i have a game halfway through, after the update, my "old" game will still enjoy patch 1.7 improvements?

Thanks.

Danny

Nike-it
12-12-2008, 05:59 AM
Dear Gatts & Gamers of KB,

Patch 1.7 for GamersGate purchase:-

Does it mean even if i have a game halfway through, after the update, my "old" game will still enjoy patch 1.7 improvements?

Thanks.

Danny

It should, as all saves will remain working after patching

Gatts
12-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Just a general info:

some Patch (as well MOD) changes are visible / seen first when you change map (as the changes may be connected to settins witch bear the save game) but when you change map (understand - move from one map to another, likde from Greenwort to Arlania - or you enter or leave any dungeon etc.) the saved data are rewritten into memory by game data - et voila -> you can see what you couldn't (this is always so for Free Camera MOD and could apply for many others as well for Patches)

I tend to panic when something does not work right away - so this "alert" is mostly for impacient me :) (and folks like me)

Alto
12-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Hello.
Thanks for the advice, Gatts, everything is working as it should be :)
What I did was to d/l the 1.7 patch and ran it in my KB:TL folder. All saves are working did a little test with the Elven wife i.e. can I have kids with her now... that sort of thing, and like I said, everything is working as it should be.
Cudos to the team behind this game, I really enjoy this.
If I could only get someone to tell me what the Painskull does after being upgraded to Deathskull...!?

Alto.

logicbomb
12-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Does this patch work for Direct2drive.com owners?