PDA

View Full Version : Is the Direct2drive download functioning?

ivor84
12-04-2008, 12:42 AM
I've read that it is asking for a cd check even though it's a direct download, can anyone confirm ?

JJMan
12-04-2008, 01:32 AM
I have the atari download, not d2d, but it should be similar as atari is the publisher. Mine didn't do a cd check unless/until I patched.

The patch won't even install if you don't have a cd drive - I found out the hard way, on the road with a spare battery installed instead of my dvd drive.

But according to one of the d2d reviewers, they don't even have the patch out for the d2d version yet...

Gatts
12-04-2008, 07:22 AM
This happend once (but in other game) when I used link from Fileplanet - not directly from D2D - but after I contacted D2D support (what I advise you to do ASAP) I was able to fix it and the first start asked me for registration - where the KEY was provided from D2D (at the purchase - you should get EMAIL notification + on the same web page should this "KEY" pop up - I have saved both - screenshot from the URL and the email) - Than I clicked "activate" entered the provided key and voila - it works fine (I was not reminded of any key till I bought new Video Card)