PDA

View Full Version : Bug or lameass protection scheme in 1.7 patch?

bugmenot
12-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Install game, patched it to Russian 1.7

Start the NEW game (any diff.level) -> Fight dragon=Can't fight it because I'm defeated as soon as battle mode shows up! (there is a text that my troops are overrun or something)...

I bought legally Nobilis version, it worked with russian 1.6.4 update and I used russian patch because I'm too lazy to put the disc in drive everytime I want to play...With patch 1.7 it *seems* to work but dragon after starting a new game can't be killed! What kind of bug is that? Hidden in-game russian copyprotection check? Silly...
________
Honda VTR1000F (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_VTR1000F)

Nike-it
12-04-2008, 06:12 AM
Install game, patched it to Russian 1.7

Start the NEW game (any diff.level) -> Fight dragon=Can't fight it because I'm defeated as soon as battle mode shows up! (there is a text that my troops are overrun or something)...

I bought legally Nobilis version, it worked with russian 1.6.4 update and I used russian patch because I'm too lazy to put the disc in drive everytime I want to play...With patch 1.7 it *seems* to work but dragon after starting a new game can't be killed! What kind of bug is that? Hidden in-game russian copyprotection check? Silly...

First of all the russian version 1.7 is ONLY for russian version of the game. And it is normal that you have problems after installing not suitable patch. If you have Nobilis version than install appropriate patch, you will find it here (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5509):

bugmenot
12-04-2008, 01:25 PM
The point is, if I use Nobilis patch I have to put the disc when I want to play the game...And I'm lazy to do that.
Tried a different approach - installed Nobilis-> patched to Nobilis 1.7.
And then copies ONLY exe from 1.7 russian version. Result=can't fight with dragon, my "troops are overrun".
If I copy ONLY exe from 1.64 russian version I can play the game perfectly, no problems with first 1 dragon fight in the game.
My guess is - this is some kind of copy protection that is implemented into 1.7 russian to prevent people to play game with russian unprotected exe. Lame. :-(
________
Honda ZB50 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_ZB50)

Gatts
12-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Maybe there is other solution for not having disc in your drive - try contacting Nobilis directly... I am customer of Nobilis and their support if just fine - I strongly believe they may find a soluton for you...(having proper 1.7 Nobilis version and still not putting disc in da drive... but of course I could be wrong... sorry)

videogames10
12-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I just thought I'd mention, for those who don't already know, that there is another factor that will result in instant defeat of your army in any battle you encounter. This occurs when all of the troops in your army exceed their leadership cap (e.g. using the doublearmy code and forgetting to dismiss the excess troops), which means you will have no control over them, thus resulting in instant defeat. Keep in mind that you won't get the instant defeat condition if at least one troop type in your army is at or under the leadership limit; the other troops (i.e. those exceeding the leadership limit) will not be under your control during battle, however. Needless to say, in this particular scenario you're going to get your *** handed to you on a silver platter anyway. If a troop type is over the leadership limit, a red icon will appear in the lower left corner of the troop avatar.

For any troop type over the leadership limit, just double-click on the troop avatar, click on the skull (dismiss) button, and then click the check mark in the next window that appears. The number of troops will now match the leadership limit for that particular troop. Repeat for any other troop type over the leadership limit.

Sorry if you were already aware of this, but it may be of some help to others.

Seven
12-12-2008, 04:15 PM
@ bugmenot

Look, its as easy as this:
The developer Team decided to take the copy protection away from the russian version, becasue it was released there many month ago.

But there is NO reason for the developers take away the copy protection from any other version !

So using the russian 1.7 exe file with any other version will lead to the result, that you cannot fight any battle.
That is a part of the protection to NOT use it with other versions.

So take it as a man and put your DVD back in the drive.
Maybe in some months also the international versions will be updated without copy protection anymore.

Seven

gediv
12-13-2008, 04:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchased boxed product in USA. Installed game and then went to website and installed 1.7 patch. DRM bug says I don't have correct DVD now.

Warning to people with the Atari version, don't install the 1.7 patch! Install the one below it.

taltamir
12-14-2008, 05:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Purchased boxed product in USA. Installed game and then went to website and installed 1.7 patch. DRM bug says I don't have correct DVD now.

Warning to people with the Atari version, don't install the 1.7 patch! Install the one below it.

this is part of the problem.
AFAIK of the downloaded versions, the gamers gate one finally has the 1.7 patch, but the d2d is still 1.6b7