PDA

View Full Version : Lina froze the whole Upper Hadar

Riemumieli
12-02-2008, 11:19 AM
I entered Upper Hadar and Lina said something about the missing energy she requires. I went towards the machine that would charge her (she warned about monsters that I must fight), fought some monsters and clicked the thing. Nothing happened. Other areas (e.g. the pyramid) worked find. The next time I started the game nobody and nothing (expect for the alchemist shop) in Upper Hadar reacted to my clicks. I cannot talk to anybody, I cannot enter any buildings etc. The icons (question marks/castle icon) are there but nothing happens. Other areas seem to work fine. What to do other than start again or use previous saves since I use only quicksaves? Is there a way to refresh a location (probably not but it never hurts to ask)?

I noticed that someone else also had a problem with Lina and conversation gone bad. I wonder why this problems has not been solved as of yet.

Gatts
12-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Well - I had technical problem in the same location - but quite different [while I was "pulling" the lever in locked dialogue chain - I was also attacked by enemy stack and game frozen]

For your problem - I would advise to attach here your save game + your game version and wait till the devs will look at the save game - this looks like typical "tech support needed" issue.

Riemumieli
12-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Winzip seems to be unable to compress savefile to small enough for this forum.

Lari
12-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Winzip seems to be unable to compress savefile to small enough for this forum.

Split the file (filesplitter on google) and make 2 separate zip, then you'll be able to upload it

Riemumieli
12-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks Lari, you learn something new every day. :-P

Version is 1.6.5 (Build 34.502) from GamersGate and here the files:

Riemumieli
12-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Everything's ok now, a reinstall solved the problem.

Lathspell
12-05-2008, 09:17 PM
I have the same problem, nothing reacts to my clicks, I reinstalled the game, reloaded the saves, same thing. I'm playing on 1.7 version.

Edit: I reinstalled the game a third time, this time no patch, and it worked. I exited the area, entered again, and everything is fine

kraken01
12-10-2008, 06:16 PM
Same issue here,
I can't talk to:
-Dreghen, keeper of the arena of truth
-House of elder Giram
-old and yound dwarf with a code board
-stone darillas tavern

On Upper Hadar

kraken01
12-10-2008, 06:38 PM
OK, after reinstall without patch it works!

taltamir
12-14-2008, 07:29 PM
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5623

taltamir
12-14-2008, 07:47 PM
found an official post about this, lemme quote:

Solution, known working for this problem:

1.) Backup saves

2.) Reinstall the Game: King's Bounty (even Patch it if it is applicable)

3.) Reload old saves - move out of area, return back to area... all works fine again

4.) Should steps above not work - but you found other/new solution - send me private message
Otherwise please try contacting Atari / or 1C Company tech support (This Forum is mainly for free discussion/ can't guarantee solutions)

blueparrot1966
04-25-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty sure 1.7 is one of those patches that should be avoided. As far as I can tell, it offers a few tweaks, fixes nothing, and BREAKS several things.

I installed it after my first time through the game. On the first run through, I had no problems the whole way through. After 1.7, a couple of items like the Jackboots can't be suppressed, Dreghen (and other characters I guess) won't talk to me, etc. I oughta know better by now...