PDA

View Full Version : Modding Skills

Afreet
12-02-2008, 05:46 AM
Is there a way to mod skills beyond the parameters provided in the skills.txt file? Specifically, I want to make a mod that focuses more on the tactics and less on the army management aspects of the game (just because that's what I like, not because it's better or worse :). I found out earlier how to increase the size of the enemy stacks and adjust the experience parameters accordingly so I don't end up too powerful, but I'd now like to make it so I essentially just need to win a battle, and all losses are regenerated afterward. I think it keeps it fair if the battles are significantly harder but I don't need to worry about losing units, I would just need to fiddle with exactly how much harder...

Anyway, I figured I would just mod necromancy on to my character and set it to 100%, but unfortunately I realized that necromancy only seems to raise one stack. I assume there is some logic as to which stack is chosen, and maybe something in that area would allow me to make it apply to all stacks?

If there is any better way to do this of course that would be great, any suggestions?

Keneth
12-02-2008, 01:41 PM
I can't check right now but off the top of my head I'd say you ought to check skills.lua and arena.lua and see if there's any part of code that relates to necromancy.

Gatts
12-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Check this thread:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=5189

if the thread alone is not informative enough - try contacting the guys who meddled with necromancy already - I wish you luck- I am great fan of necro army so necromancy could be much more interesting to me under specific circumnstances

For instance if it would really raise undead units from enemy fallen living / ex-living units (so one could increase his undead army numbers...)