Roman
12-02-2008, 05:06 AM
I have the U.S. retail version.

Will the patch work for me?

Nike-it
12-02-2008, 06:24 AM
I have the U.S. retail version.

Will the patch work for me?

NO, the patch for your version will appear very soon. Available patch is ONLY for European retail version.

Zhuangzi
12-02-2008, 06:54 AM
What does it do, Nike-it?

Nike-it
12-02-2008, 07:01 AM
What does it do, Nike-it?

Some improvements in performance and game balance.
You can read the full description here (ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/Patches/Kings_Bounty/Kings%20Bounty%20The%20Legend%20patch%20readme-ml.txt).

jake21
12-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Nike-it ---

I'm not sure of your position in the company but I really appreciate how you support the game. One question I have is will you continue your relationship with atari or switch to a different publisher ? I've been a bit dismayed at atari lack of making the patch available (it is still not available on their website) and few or none of the big retailers (like bestbuy) carried the game.

Anyways I know little about the distribution market; how the money is split or anything else but this game seems to be mostly selling via word of mouth (hopefully the sales are picking up as time passes).

Nike-it
12-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Nike-it ---

I'm not sure of your position in the company but I really appreciate how you support the game. One question I have is will you continue your relationship with atari or switch to a different publisher ? I've been a bit dismayed at atari lack of making the patch available (it is still not available on their website) and few or none of the big retailers (like bestbuy) carried the game.

Anyways I know little about the distribution market; how the money is split or anything else but this game seems to be mostly selling via word of mouth (hopefully the sales are picking up as time passes).

As far as I know we don't have any other current or future projects with Atari.

Gatts
12-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Not a huge surprise... Atari support for KB was like none from the beginning...

I myself use Metaboli, downloaded there even other games, like Hard to be GOD, also there are very good responses on Gamersgate download portal...
I believe that the owners of KB from Atari don't lose anything - as they have 1.6.5 patch which should work and buy not from Atari again (at least not Armored Princess )

jake21
12-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Well - i prefer physical media when feasible and around here (USA) atari was the only one selling the boxed version. There are other distributor with bad reputations (I guess it would be bad taste to mention them) but I've generally had good luck with valve; 2k and stardock (thought hey are more of a developer than a publisher). Bioware games (NWN) are distributed through atari due to DND lic. but they have a nifty auto patch that really works.

Ok ok this is off topic and my last post of this nature in the thread - again thanks for the support (I esp. like the russian patch to the american version :) )
--
Hopefully Princess will be available in English after not too long...

Not a huge surprise... Atari support for KB was like none from the beginning...

I myself use Metaboli, downloaded there even other games, like Hard to be GOD, also there are very good responses on Gamersgate download portal...
I believe that the owners of KB from Atari don't lose anything - as they have 1.6.5 patch which should work and buy not from Atari again (at least not Armored Princess )

Roman
12-03-2008, 02:21 AM
NO, the patch for your version will appear very soon. Available patch is ONLY for European retail version.

OK, thanks for the answer. :)

Roman
12-03-2008, 02:26 AM
Well - i prefer physical media when feasible and around here (USA) atari was the only one selling the boxed version. There are other distributor with bad reputations (I guess it would be bad taste to mention them)

I agree that Atari is not such a bad distributor from the consumer point of view. I don't think it could have known the potential of King's Bounty, that's probably why the lack of advertising and presence (and it is true that it has utterly failed on this account) - it would hopefully know better next time. There are much more vile publishers than Atari though. I won't be so hesitant as you are and I will mention Electronic Arts as a publisher that it seems utterly hates its customers and seeks to alienate them at every opportunity with draconian DRM (DDRM) (that does nothing to stop piracy and ONLY affect the legitimate user) and banning on forums for complaining. I am currently boycotting EA no matter how good their games until they clean up their act and don't punish legitimate customers with DDRM.

jake21
12-03-2008, 02:51 AM
I agree that Atari is not such a bad distributor from the consumer point of view. I don't think it could have known the potential of King's Bounty, that's probably why the lack of advertising and presence (and it is true that it has utterly failed on this account) - it would hopefully know better next time. There are much more vile publishers than Atari though. I won't be so hesitant as you are and I will mention Electronic Arts as a publisher that it seems utterly hates its customers and seeks to alienate them at every opportunity with draconian DRM (DDRM) (that does nothing to stop piracy and ONLY affect the legitimate user) and banning on forums for complaining. I am currently boycotting EA no matter how good their games until they clean up their act and don't punish legitimate customers with DDRM.

Yea. EA has done an excellent job of destroying pc gaming - many of their games make little attempt to provide a pc gaming experience. Pity because they own many of the better known titles (via buying up companies that produce gems in earlier years).

I guess some of it is economic and some is perception. I like stardock approach - they attempt to develop games they think won't be pirated. There are a lot of small developers - mostly in europe that I think have done a very good job but dont' receive the benefits of their labor but survive then there are developers (like iron lore) which have some decent talent but can't pay the bills. Two examples that come to mind are titan quest (iron lore) and Wizardry 8 (Sir tech). Both games (esp Wizardry 8) seemed to be well received but somehow the money just didn't materialize.

Oh well I wish I could see the numbers behind a typical game - cost to develop; sales; distribution cut/middle man cut; ....

Nike-it
12-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Guys, please don't go offtop, this thread is about patch, but not about security systems of other companies.

deab
12-03-2008, 12:57 PM
I bought the download version from the official euro site (METABOLI), will a patch for that version be made available?

Nike-it
12-03-2008, 01:04 PM
I bought the download version from the official euro site (METABOLI), will a patch for that version be made available?

Patch for your version will be available soon.

player1
12-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Is it just me, or everything included in patch 1.7 changelist is already part of Atari 1.65 patch?

Lestas
12-04-2008, 07:12 AM
I think that 1.6.5 (Atari version) is the same that 1.7 (Nobilis version)

Nike-it
12-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Is it just me, or everything included in patch 1.7 changelist is already part of Atari 1.65 patch?

You are right, this patch is almost the same as 1.6.5 for Atari verison.

Gatts
12-04-2008, 08:16 AM

"almost" - this means "yes and no" - just curious... what apart of having "1.7" in main screen different from 1.6.5 (I myself can only figure out that maybe AI is even more improved, but all other patch details looks exactly the same)

BTW guys : do remove all MODS when you are installing any PATCH (I forgot this and my game was screwed... luckily KB is one of the best designed games ever - all saves are working in any patch - at least for me as I migrate from all versions to all vesions, is the best game in MODding - even if "editor" is missing, I never experienced such great success in free modding + patch version compatibility and the easiness of installing / uninstalling MODs ---- I even was able to install 1.6.5 with MODs intact... that's why I understaminated the 1.7 patch install procedure... )

Nike-it
12-04-2008, 08:19 AM
"almost" - this means "yes and no" - just curious... what apart of having "1.7" in main screen different from 1.6.5 (I myself can only figure out that maybe AI is even more improved, but all other patch details looks exactly the same)

It means some very small improvements:) which are listed as "other small improvements".
Anyway this patch is only for one version, which hasn't 1.6.5 patch

Gatts
12-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Ow - so maybe this is the reason my game gone crazy after 1.7 patch :) (I just try everything - as I read that this game is so compatible that even Russian patch works on ENG versions etc... and I never experienced in any game that is so "patchable" / "modable" - well we learn each day.

-> still my saves stayed intact - so my opinion about the game "flawnesness" is even stronger than before - as I was the one who made an mistake (by not paying enough attention on which patch I should use) - and even so all my game saves worke... Unbelieveble! Really!

Edit : Updated "flawnesness", thanx ztorm

ztorm
12-05-2008, 12:07 PM
You mean "flawlessness" I suppose ? :confused:

In regard to the "other small imporovements", I think the "loading ring" is blue now, was green before 1.7. Am I right ? :-P

Ryder
12-07-2008, 12:00 AM
What about the quest to get the Griffins egg back ? If the enemy guarding the egg is weak (or even slightly weaker) they dont fight you and you cant get past them. Has this been fixed?

poddy
12-08-2008, 12:32 AM
- Neoka wife can have children

Actually this one was working before it took some time till the 1st is born but i had 4 kids with pretty good bonuses (20% atk) for example

AstroCat
12-12-2008, 07:58 PM
We just got this game. Is there an Atari 1.7 patch coming?

Thanks!

Zhuangzi
12-14-2008, 09:30 PM
So there's no point downloading the 1.7 patch if I have the Gamersgate 1.65 patch? The changelog seems to be the same. :)

taomony
12-20-2008, 07:48 AM
hello,

first, thanks for the nice game,
it is exactly what i want.

However, i have some problem when i instal my patch.

As i buy my set in Hong Kong,
i do not know which patches i can use.

I try to install 1.6.5, but i said it has been installed.
but in the main page of my game, it still 1.6.5

if i really install it, i cannot play the game as it said....CD rom is not correct.

then i try to install 1.7,
i said update complete then....tell me that CD rom is not correct.

hence, i need to re-install my game to play but ...bugs..

what can i do ?

Thank you very much.

amarok
01-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Hi,

I have similar problem as taomony, but with czech language version of KB.

Original is 1.6.4, but when I tried to install 1.7 patch, it said me, that I have "Newer version. Are you sure to install it?"
So, I've installed the patch and now ..... CD/DVD rom is not correct.:(

I've tried both 1.7 patches (Nobilis and Gamesgate) and Atari 1.6.5

Should we wait for the correct patch with our localization?

Thank you, Amarok

ilaws
01-18-2009, 01:04 AM
Yea, this patching process could be a lot better. Very confusing, I have the English/European version (I think). The game box has Katauri/1C on it.
On the main screen of the game it states Version 1.6.4
If I try to install patch 1.6.5, it states that it is already installed (do I wish to reinstall). How can this be if I have an earlier version number?
It seems that there are different people working on these patches and no one is in charge of overseeing the process.
Great game, put patching leaves a lot to be desired.

Sojourn
01-19-2009, 03:51 AM
All I know is this is the first game I got that had securome and I already hate it and will never purchase another game that has it. Not realizing I downloaded the patch from this site and now my game is fubared because of securom. Since it was purchased from Atari, apparently I have to wait for the English version of their patch or something stupid like that. So now we have to make sure that we download a patch for games from the company you purchased it from, not the company that made it. Boy, if more companies start using this I may just have to get out of gaming altogether. Here's praying that most companies are intelligent.

And I actually really liked this game.

player1
01-19-2009, 01:03 PM
It plainly states on site, that 1.7 version is not for the Atari release.

Plus, from description, it doesn't seem to have anything new compared to 1.65 version (the version that is Atari only version).

Gatts
01-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Atari users:

http://www.bigdownload.com/games/kings-bounty-the-legend/pc/kings-bounty-v165-patch/

This patch is for use with the English version of King's Bounty: The Legend released on September 23 by Atari.

Attention: It's highly recommended to delete all the mods before installing the patch!

Avariel
02-04-2009, 12:35 PM
Is it a mean to remove 1.7 patch without uninstall the whole game ?
Cause i'm pretty sure my DEP crashes problems occured only with 1.7 version, but not before.

jpinard
01-07-2010, 12:32 AM
Super duper confused - can someone clarify?

I have the Atari Version (boxed retail copy). It is version 1.6.5 (build 34688) I can't find any date later than 8-18-2008 in the primary files. Does this mean I've been playing with the wrong version all this time?

The reason I ask is I'd like the other small improvements available for 1.7 if they're not in my current version of the game.

Elwin
01-07-2010, 01:05 AM
I think the only person who is not confused about LEgend patch is NIke-it ;p