PDA

View Full Version : Effect anomalies

Lari
11-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Mage lvl 13 on impossible, with demons, demonesses, imps, better imps, and necros.
Fighting in taron mines, a bunch of dwarves (no hero).
Reduced the stack of miners to a decent number, by curse and DDAoE in the first two rounds. My demoness act first, and charmed them in the third turn, but then, when it came their turn to move, they got free of the charm (they were blue and suddently became red again) and hit some of mine, with my disappointment. On the beginning of the forth turn, casted a "raise dead" with necros on a stack of dead priests. They resurrected AS PRIESTs (ie. not skeletons or similar) and as enemies O_O .kinda shocked. Any idea why?

Keneth
11-30-2008, 10:59 PM
I don't know about the whole raising but I've had instances when mobs shook off effects like sleep, hypnosis, charm. I hated it most when the idiot hero cast fire rain on his own troops too and the damn burning kept waking them. <_< Anyway, if the troop shook off their charm it says so in the battle log, you should always pay attention.

Ryastar
11-30-2008, 11:50 PM
On the beginning of the forth turn, casted a "raise dead" with necros on a stack of dead priests. They resurrected AS PRIESTs (ie. not skeletons or similar) and as enemies O_O .kinda shocked. Any idea why?

Yeah, that`s one thing that is never explicitly stated anywhere I`ve seen, but i`ve run into it before (except for me the necros were on the other side :)). The way i understand it is that necro call or necromancer`s ability cast on priests or inquisitors will raise them as the priests or inquistors, on the other team and not the one who cast the spell. I guess it`s because they are holy, so they can`t become undead, and they get mad at you for trying to raise them so they join the other team. Anyways, i don`t know what the rationale is, but that is how it works.

Lari
12-01-2008, 01:51 AM
I didn't noticed , but in the battle posted above i should have used raise dead on priests on the third turn too. As far as i have tested, anytime i cast raise- dead on priests, I end up having both the priest resurrected, in perfect shape to kick my ass, and all my charm/hypnosis effect instantly broken.
Lessons of the day : DON'T MESS WITH PRIESTS CORPSES :evil:

Smash
12-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah that is nice touch from devs, it is funny when your necromancers try to raise dead from priest corpses just to find this suprise :D.

Gatts
12-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah, that`s one thing that is never explicitly stated anywhere I`ve seen, but i`ve run into it before (except for me the necros were on the other side :)). The way i understand it is that necro call or necromancer`s ability cast on priests or inquisitors will raise them as the priests or inquistors, on the other team and not the one who cast the spell. I guess it`s because they are holy, so they can`t become undead, and they get mad at you for trying to raise them so they join the other team. Anyways, i don`t know what the rationale is, but that is how it works.

Nice explanation - it really makes sense - if it is really true and it was intended - WOW -> the detail and complexity (in very positive way) of KB jumped over next level ... does the KB awesameness have a cap?