PDA

View Full Version : system32\MSACM32.dll error

KarmaExpress
11-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Brand new lap-top, running Vista. The game was running fine, in the middle of a game it crashed. Upon restarting this error occurred, and the game will no longer load.

kb.exe - Bad Image
C:\Windows\system32\MSACM32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.

I've reinstalled the game numerous times without the patch, but I still get this error message and the game will not launch.

Any clues...?

I've tried running three free "Registry Fix" scans, but each gives a different number of errors and since this is a brand new computer I'm not inclined to pay $29.99 to what seems "scamish"...lol.

stubbie
11-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Try doing the suggestions in this post (http://forums.pcpitstop.com/lofiversion/index.php/t81595.html).

If that doesnt work perhaps try googling MSACM32.dll error like I just did :)

KarmaExpress
11-29-2008, 02:40 AM
Since this is a new computer, I ended up just restoring the factory OS setup; which wiped the hard drive and I reinstalled KB. This worked, the game is running fine now. Did lose my saved games, but at least I can play now.

I am leery of installing the patch again, though....hmmmm.

stubbie
11-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Just set a restore point and then re-download and install the patch.
If it goes gummy up then just revert back.

After all, the patch works fine for the rest of us ;)

caspermoore
02-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Brand new lap-top, running Vista. The game was running fine, in the middle of a game it crashed. Upon restarting this error occurred, and the game will no longer load.

kb.exe - Bad Image
C:\Windows\system32\MSACM32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.

I've reinstalled the game numerous times without the patch, but I still get this error message and the game will not launch.

Any clues...?

I've tried running three free "Registry Fix" scans, but each gives a different number of errors and since this is a brand new computer I'm not inclined to pay $29.99 to what seems "scamish"...lol.

hi,
http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/msacm32.dll/

u can go to this site...this will help in case of missing or for downloading dll's or also if there is errors in dll's..!
I also registered few dll's from this site...worked in my case :)