PDA

View Full Version : Lake fairies holy cow!

sours
11-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Wow I am amazed with these units.

I thought the whole 'elf army' idea was decent. Then, I tried it.

This thing is pretty much one shot one entire stack kill. I was grinding out 30+ round fights with my previous line up with no losses. (green dragon, inquistor, cannoneer, dryad, evil beguiler)

Now I finish fights in 10 rounds or less. Its such a time saver!

The new line up is not all elf since i rely on the dryad +1 song. (green dragon, inquistor, elf(archer), dryad, lake fairy)

The lake fairy literally kills the entire field by herself. I just phantom to create a line of defense and i let the fairy run from one sideline to the other killing everything.

The funny thing is I only have 1600/2500 fairies since they just appeared.

I have the whip for +1 fire, and the dagger for +1 poison. I recently switched wives to feanora but I almost think I should go the dwarf wife and get the cannoneer back in or go the demon wife for double weapon slots. If i could just find that eye scope for the 30% crit bonus gah!

Keneth
11-27-2008, 02:51 AM
Fairies combined with Anga's Ruby and bonus damage items like Isshara's Whip are likely the most damaging unit in the game due to their sheer numbers. Their only drawback is low stats, since they have low defense and low hp they can get pounded quite hard when in harm's way but with careful use of timeback and resurrection, it shouldn't be too hard to keep them alive. Also, elves and dwarves don't like each other, they'll both get a morale penalty if you include cannoneers.

Handel
11-27-2008, 02:35 PM
I often get 1500+ fairies in the AI stacks (I don't use them) and I have no problem killing them before they can make a single hit. This only ulustrates my topic about the awfull combat AI (as lvl 20 mage)

As for the their damage - it is true they have the highest damage/leadership ratio.

Gatts
11-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I often get 1500+ fairies in the AI stacks (I don't use them) and I have no problem killing them before they can make a single hit. This only ulustrates my topic about the awfull combat AI (as lvl 20 mage)

As for the their damage - it is true they have the highest damage/leadership ratio.

Any unit can be awesome if you know how to use it...

not only lake feary, but many other units may appear weak when you fight them (AI is not usint it properly) ...

I could use even zombies are very resourcefull units, still I nearly never had problems with them as enemies (sometime when their stack number was 5x or 10x more than mine)