PDA

View Full Version : Question about Archer bonus'

Kurai_Mitsukai
11-26-2008, 10:36 PM
For items such as the Telescopic Sight, that offers a bonus to "Archers", does this refer to only Elven Archers/Bowman/Skeletal Archers/Hunters? Or does it also apply to any unit with the "Archer" tag in the Abilities list of the unit, such as Cyclops or Cannoneers?

Metathron
11-26-2008, 11:04 PM
I think it should be any unit, but I seem to have noticed that higher level units (level 5 I think) did not benefit? Maybe it was just a mistake, I don't see why the bonus shouldn't apply to cyclops as well.

Keneth
11-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Some units don't benefit from those bonuses, beholders are among those if I recall correctly.

Smash
11-27-2008, 12:32 AM
From no obvious, from this benefits cannoneers, goblins, catapults i think.

lauvhk
11-27-2008, 01:12 AM
The information on the Telescopic Sight does mention that it only benefits those units who use projectile and missle attack. So no to Cyclop(s)/Beholder(s)/Thorn(s).

Same goes to the Elven bow.

Keneth
11-27-2008, 02:43 AM
You don't classify a rock as a projectile? :mrgreen:

Smash
11-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Thorns do not shoot lasers too :).

Handel
11-28-2008, 01:06 AM
I would guess under "projectile and missile attack" the devs mean "physical damage".

Metathron
11-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Well, it can't be that, the cyclops' rock throwing is very much physical, no?

Gatts
11-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Well - developers have decided and here is the exact list of "archers" that benefit from the scope bonus (and also scope + ale bonus):
Skeleton-Archer, Archer, Gunner[canoneer], Goblin with the Catapult [catapult goblin], Elf, Pathfinder[Hunter], Goblin [shooter].
(Only for a subject the Optical sight and the complete set of Archer’s Commander)

Here is list of all archers in da game:
Archer, Elf, Pathfinder, Gunner, Goblin, Goblin with the Catapult, Skeleton-Archer, Thorn-hunter, Royal Thorn, Evileye, Beasteye, Cyclops

(it is copy/paste from free fan manual - but all should know the original units by now)

Keneth
11-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Well if you were concerned about which I could have told you that long ago, says right there in item.txt
filter {
belligerent=ally
unit=archer,bowman,cannoner,catapult,elf,elf2,gobl in
}

We're just discussing why they made such a selection, they probably considered how the item fits, hence the scope only affects medium-sized humanoids, anyone else couldn't use it.

Metathron
11-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Pity the cyclops is not affected; if it were I might actually consider recruiting this overrated unit into my ranks.

Lari
11-28-2008, 03:55 PM
If you feel like having them in your army, just open the file, go the the item in question, and edit the filter, adding whatever unit u may like. It's just a single player game, so if u like to have cyclops using the scope, just do it, everything will be alright :) only tool needed are 7zip, any text editor, 2 minutes of patience