PDA

View Full Version : nOOb question # 11: Keeping track of killed units

YENKO
11-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Here it is: how can i easily keep track about my killed units in the current battle? So i can make best use of the Resurrect spell? I know i can scroll the TINY message log at the bottom, but after a couple fireballs, evil shoals and other mass spells, i have problems at monitoring who i have to resurrect.
Advices?

Ish
11-24-2008, 11:43 PM
If you prepare to cast ressurect and hold it over your troops it gives the amount it will ressurect, and a percentage.

If the percentage is 100% that means that more creatures in that stack have been killed than the spell can ressurect. If for e.g. it says 70% it means it took 70% of the spells power to ressurect that stack to full numbers.

YENKO
11-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Thanks! But no numerical value of killed troops? Something like '11 bowmen killed out of 133' (just an example)??

Keneth
11-24-2008, 11:56 PM
I don't think it says anywhere explicitly (at least I haven't noticed) but it's just simple math, especially if you have a full army. If you hover over the leadership requirement of the troop it tells you how many of them you can control - the number of current units. That's only if resurrection isn't available like if you've used the spellbook already or don't have it yet.

TemjinGold
11-25-2008, 12:08 AM
If you went in with full leadership, then it's easy. All you do is pull up the unit's stat screen and hover over the leadership number. That will open a window that tells you "with XXX leadership, you can hire XX number of this troop" or something. That XX number would be the number you had.

taltamir
12-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Thanks! But no numerical value of killed troops? Something like '11 bowmen killed out of 133' (just an example)??

if you hover over a stack of bowmen, say... 50 bowmen, it will say something like:
11 bowmen
40% effective

Meaning it takes 40% of the spell power to resurrect 11 bowmen, you can figure out how many there were originally by simple addition.

Try using lower level versions using shift or control until you get it just right. as long as the % is less then 100% that means some of the res spell is going to waste. I really wish that was automatic.

YENKO
12-14-2008, 04:36 PM
I really wish that was automatic.

Me too. It would be great to have the second 'health bar' under/over the normal green health bar to show the total remaining health of the entire stack. One bar for the top unit on the stack (as it is now) and below that another bar for the whole stack.
Oh well..mouse-hovering will do, I guess...