PDA

View Full Version : Randomization of items on adventure map

Metathron
11-23-2008, 06:05 PM
I am playing my third game, this time as paladin, and am currently sneaking around the coasts of Darion, stealing whatever I can. I remember in my last game as mage, the griffin island in Arlania held like 3 runes (might, I think they were), but this time around there are none, but scrolls instead! :rolleyes:

This is not the fairest way to randomize, IMO. There's a huge difference between getting a precious rune and a (near) useless scroll. So each location should hold either a rune or scroll (albeit a different one each time), not one or the other. I don't mind getting gold OR scrolls from a chest, though, as the difference between these two items is not nearly as huge.

Anyone agree?

Trevarion
11-23-2008, 07:13 PM
I am playing my third game, this time as paladin, and am currently sneaking around the coasts of Darion, stealing whatever I can. I remember in my last game as mage, the griffin island in Arlania held like 3 runes (might, I think they were), but this time around there are none, but scrolls instead! :rolleyes:

This is not the fairest way to randomize, IMO. There's a huge difference between getting a precious rune and a (near) useless scroll. So each location should hold either a rune or scroll (albeit a different one each time), not one or the other. I don't mind getting gold OR scrolls from a chest, though, as the difference between these two items is not nearly as huge.

Anyone agree?

You're wrong, ever thought about how the amount of everything is the same, but in different locations. say 600 runes 200 might 3 of those were on griffin island this time those 3 are spread on freedom isles wherever.

Metathron
11-23-2008, 07:30 PM
Oh, is that's how it is? If so, then it's fine, but where can that be verified?

Keneth
11-23-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you eventually end up with roughly the same ammount of runes. And they aren't so precious anyway, except maybe magic runes since magic tree is the one with the most useful skills but playing as a warrior I still got far more than enough of them to up all the skills I wanted.

MajorS
11-24-2008, 01:35 AM
In the end it kinda averages out, but in the beginning every rune counts and sometimes especially the type. Take it as an additional challenge :D

sours
11-30-2008, 06:31 AM
I just beat the game on warrior and now im starting a pally.

To show you how crazy random this game is, I was able to buy royal thorns and a demon. Thats right, a demon. So I can summon lvl 4 stuff and whats even more nuts is that demons have 'domination' which give them advantage over 1-3 troops. Thats all I face at lvl 1 LOL

YENKO
11-30-2008, 03:13 PM
I know this is nothing to write home about, but, in my game i was able to buy 4 knights in the seaside Tavern in Greenswort. At player level about 7, Knights are really a badass unit. :)
(i never used the pathing exploit to get the knights the 'illegal' way ;) :)

Metathron
11-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Seaside tavern in Greenswort? I don't remember that you can buy anything from a tavern there? :confused:

MajorS
11-30-2008, 05:10 PM
I know this is nothing to write home about, but, in my game i was able to buy 4 knights in the seaside Tavern in Greenswort. At player level about 7, Knights are really a badass unit. :)

Nothing illegal about outsmarting the AI :D

lauvhk
12-01-2008, 01:27 AM
I guess the Seaside tavern is the one in Arlania, right? When you finish his quest, there will be ONE random level 4 creatures available for hire.

The tavern in Marshan Swamp sometimes got a couple of Knights for hire as well.

There are 2 possible places to get Royal Thorn in Darion if the game ever generates. They are the Babuga castle (without fighting his troop) and the river farm in the middle of Verlon Forest.

Handel
12-01-2008, 01:45 PM

What is this "pathing" exploit everyone is writing about?

lauvhk
12-02-2008, 01:46 AM
The mob guarding the knights tent in Greenwort has a horrible aggro distance. You can lure it off the tent a bit, and then sneak inside getting the leadership flag and have access to the tent content.