PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever noticed the AI to destroy a Wall?

Handel
11-22-2008, 09:42 PM
I mean the Wall casted by the first spirit?
This seems useless ability but providing the AI never breaks it it may be extremely usefull.

Keneth
11-22-2008, 09:53 PM
They break it, and it shatters completely by destroying just one piece, so it's far more useless than the wall of the ice spirit.

sector24
11-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Depends on how you use it. If you make an area impassable, they will destroy it. If you place it in such a way that the enemy can get around but it'll waste a turn, they'll usually walk around it. If walking around the wall will take 2+ turns, they'll usually destroy it.

YENKO
11-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Something that has a price of zero and can absorb ONE enemy attack no matter how strong(one wasted attack), is tagged as 'useful' in my book :)

Keneth
11-23-2008, 04:11 PM
In my experience, there was not even a single time when I would have to or want to use it, it's not worth wasting your rage box for that turn.

Metathron
11-23-2008, 04:28 PM
I have used both walls on occasion, mainly when waiting for Reaper to finish resting. :)

Keneth
11-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I use Lina and Reaper in turns and the other two almost never get any action. On the odd chance that both Lina and Reaper have 1 round of rest left at the same time, I usually just use underground blades. Blocking the enemy can be easily done using phantom/summoning abilities/iceball/totems/demon portal/etc. and they all fare far better than any wall. :P

YENKO
11-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah, but atm all i have are Zerock and Sleem, so i'm biased :)

ywhtptgt
11-25-2008, 12:13 PM
I use Lina and Reaper in turns and the other two almost never get any action. On the odd chance that both Lina and Reaper have 1 round of rest left at the same time, I usually just use underground blades. Blocking the enemy can be easily done using phantom/summoning abilities/iceball/totems/demon portal/etc. and they all fare far better than any wall. :P
Each of Lina, Reaper, and Sleem have two useful skills. On the other hand, the the rock spirit (name?), is pretty useless. I hope he gets boosted.

Keneth
11-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Underground rocks are pretty decent when maxed, puts some of the better spells to shame but yes, it loses it's usefulness in the second part of the game.

MajorS
11-25-2008, 11:40 PM

Except that that uses Mana instead of Rage and it wastes a cast turn, which in alot of cases is more worth than a Chest turn. Not always useful but sometimes you just need to stop one stack from advancing.

Keneth
11-26-2008, 12:21 AM
That's true, a spell could come more in handy than a rage ability at times but making for instance a phantom and placing it within reach will more often than not soak a lot more than just one hit of damage, even more so if you make some thorns which cost no mana and are usually a high priority for enemy attacks. But I guess that's just from a warrior's perspective, I rely quite heavily on rage abilities and less on spells which are few and weak.

taltamir
12-14-2008, 06:35 PM
the AI sometimes destroys it, sometimes walks around. I find I very very rarely have use for it. But when I do it is a lifesaver.
In the right type of map, with natural choke points, I can use it to waste the turn of SEVERAL enemies. (by using them to block their comrades.

Gatts
12-15-2008, 08:21 AM
I believe that the AI logic in questions of walls is very direct/clear:

If there is a way around - they take it...

If AI has more units - it may calculate if it is more effective to lose one turn of one unit to destroy it - opening so the free way to others (I write "it may calculate" - as often I see that I would surely rather destroy the wall instead of going around with each of mine units...)

If the way around is longer that losing one turn on destroying the wall - AI will more positively destroy it...

Still I found that sometimes AI get stuck when trying to overcome the wall

If there is totally no way around the wall - the wall get's destroyed for 100%