PDA

View Full Version : no more mana /rage gain after 10 turns or so

koekman
11-21-2008, 05:32 AM
Hello,

I'm having troubles beating bosses because after a round or 10 (could be more) i no longer gain mana or rage.
I have the +6 mana ability per turn.

Is this a bug or normal gameplay?

thnx
k

Nike-it
11-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Hello,

I'm having troubles beating bosses because after a round or 10 (could be more) i no longer gain mana or rage.
I have the +6 mana ability per turn.

Is this a bug or normal gameplay?

thnx
k

This is normal.
After 10 rounds you get 50% of mana/rage,
After 15 rounds - 25% of mana/rage
After 20 rounds - no mana/rage

This rule doesn't influence spell (Source of Magic), units (emerald dragons) and spirits (lina) abilities.

Gatts
11-21-2008, 08:00 AM
It is normal - but don't worry - if you will search this forum - you will find not few tactics how to regain mana/ rage regardless this "bug" / "feature"

Also I believe that you get 50% less mana/ rage after 10th turn and nada after 20th turn

as Nike-It added in his post (see above)

ywhtptgt
11-24-2008, 08:36 AM
It is normal - but don't worry - if you will search this forum - you will find not few tactics how to regain mana/ rage regardless this "bug" / "feature"

Also I believe that you get 50% less mana/ rage after 10th turn and nada after 20th turn

Still, that's kinda annoying. Not like it prevents players from exploiting the A.I. using Healing Spring + Drain Rage + Poison Rain combo.

Gatts
11-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Still, that's kinda annoying. Not like it prevents players from exploiting the A.I. using Healing Spring + Drain Rage + Poison Rain combo.

Look at this from following point of view:
in original KB all shooters had limited ammo (as in HOMM series)

In this KB tL is mage considered the most powerful masta blasta.
Hence very soon in da game a lot of player (even the less skilled, for instacne me... as I don't plan/ tactisice a lot, of at all) would find out that all you need is combine slow/ haste / glot's armor (in archers/shooters phase) and than you would need on huge stack of fast units (griffins/ lake dragonflies) and just move around the battle field to get enough mana for infinite fireballs... eeeeck

Keneth
11-24-2008, 12:52 PM
It should be obvious that it's not a bug since the game clearly explains why mana and rage decrease in the battle log. Personally I think it's a good feature, it makes sense and takes some skill to work around it. :)

ywhtptgt
11-25-2008, 11:42 AM
Look at this from following point of view:
in original KB all shooters had limited ammo (as in HOMM series)

In this KB tL is mage considered the most powerful masta blasta.
Hence very soon in da game a lot of player (even the less skilled, for instacne me... as I don't plan/ tactisice a lot, of at all) would find out that all you need is combine slow/ haste / glot's armor (in archers/shooters phase) and than you would need on huge stack of fast units (griffins/ lake dragonflies) and just move around the battle field to get enough mana for infinite fireballs... eeeeck Like people are not doing that despite the limitations... In fact, mages are at a much better situation in bypassing this restriction thanks to their large mana pool, high int, and higher magic. So in the end, it is just penalizing warriors and pallys more than mages.

MajorS
11-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Like people are not doing that despite the limitations... In fact, mages are at a much better situation in bypassing this restriction thanks to their large mana pool, high int, and higher magic. So in the end, it is just penalizing warriors and pallys more than mages.

Which would be a reason to play mage instead. Its not like Warriors and Paladins were supposed to be just as good.

ywhtptgt
11-26-2008, 05:03 AM
Which would be a reason to play mage instead. Its not like Warriors and Paladins were supposed to be just as good.
Which further reduces the incentive to play as Warriors or Paladins.

MajorS
11-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Doesnt for me. On impossible i actually liked my Warriors 30k Leadership instead of 22k for my Mage.

Gatts
11-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Like people are not doing that despite the limitations... In fact, mages are at a much better situation in bypassing this restriction thanks to their large mana pool, high int, and higher magic. So in the end, it is just penalizing warriors and pallys more than mages.

That is the point - knowing about it is 1st difference - I found about it on this forum
Now I know about it, still I don't use it (too much "work")
For me still applies pareto ratio 80/20 -> it is much better to lose some units than extend most battles above 40 turns to not lose them.

By this feature only the most strong-willed / skilled players will benefit from the "unlimited mana" strategy.

For me it stayes only as hidden ace, which I do not tend to use :)

taltamir
12-11-2008, 09:40 PM
if you are not trying to break any records, its simpler and faster to just finish the battle earlier, and repurchase lost troops rather then suffer through a long drawn out tedious battle to do so... its not a bad feature though, it just means you have to be really dedicated to exploit the AI.

Anytime someone begins talking about balance I suggest that they think about the real world. Air planes? tanks? swords? guns? When you know the rules of the physical world you can exploit them to create amazing things like computers and planes, and when you have such amazing exploits you don't say "dear lord who art in heaven, I would like to report an exploit bug" in your daily prayer, no, you use it to your advantage.
I would like to see a person who spent 20 years mastering every martial art (he was very talented to begin with, and had the best teachers) fight an airplane. You just can't.

YENKO
12-11-2008, 10:33 PM
I would like to see a person who spent 20 years mastering every martial art (he was very talented to begin with, and had the best teachers) fight an airplane. You just can't.

Yess!! Friggin' imba airplanes! Nerf!! :mrgreen:

Gatts
12-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Well, even in Civilization game (at least in first version) you could beat bombarders and fighter interceptors with militia (guys whith sticks, w/o any army training)

On the other hand - when speaking about real life -> in real life is MORALE very very important... so I believe that Morale is somehow understaminated in KB... (maybe this is part of balance of the game), but even in HOMM series, bad morale could make you lose a battle but good morale could make you win agains tripple so powerful army (not using spells, and even let enemy using spells) -> when your archangels moved twice first round and enemy dragons did not move at all well... easy win ... lucky but still a win