PDA

View Full Version : Would switch wife, but kids too darn good

Ryastar
11-21-2008, 02:30 AM
In my first game, i was loyal to my first and only wife, Feanora (i was a mage, so the +int was too good to pass up). So, for my second game, this time as a warrior, i decided to be less faithful, try out the other wives, and adapt my wife to the army i want to use. I didn't find any worthwhile matches until the dwarven lands, where i married Gerda (i REALLY like giants and cannoneers for the midgame). I figured that the morale for my giants and cannoneers would do for now, but the slots sucked for the gear i had (random complaint: i have five, count 'em, five, artifacts that i want to be using (ale, scope, snake king ring(i'm using royal snakes still), pain skull (not quite death yet) and intellect ring) but only one artifact slot, sigh). Anyways, so i was looking forward to either neoka or the demoness (the choice would depend on if i find any more good weapons, i have some ok weapons, but no great ones), except that GErda produced some amazing children. They give me +3 attack, +20% def, +10 leadership and +5% leadership. I can't give that up. i already had over 10000 leadership, so that gave me more than 2000 leadership, just from those babies! And i t will only increase! Also, i get one bonus defence for every 5, and a nice bonus to attack!

I must ask you all: would you switch wives?

And has anyone else faced this dilemma?

Gatts
11-21-2008, 09:01 AM
You can bet that most of us did face such dilemma :) I did anyway!

Even as I agree your kids are fine - would be even better with one MOD that improves kids even more (I think its called "next generation")

I personally decided never breed - so I can only use the item slots -> what would give me the freedom of choice in different battles.

I also have tried each wife more times (only Mirabella once as I got the path/mod for her later on and I knew I don't want her) so I always decided what wife I want and held her till the end.

Hint: If you like rings/ regalia / belts -> go for Neoka - she is the best: also you will benefit from the elven special tactics that many players advise in this forum.

I would hold on Dwarves / dwarven girl in your place, still I mostly decide to go for zombie girl :)

Hint 2: would you decide to stay with the dwarven girl and have the 2 artefacts (ale + scope : bonus to archers) - get both beholders - as thei are archers, also they have great abilities, and leave the other 3 slots populated with dwarves (probably alchemists, canoneers, giants... later on you may kick our any of these five units and get green dragons... I would kick out either alchemists or lower beholders... probably lower beholders :) ) and this army will be sufficient till the bitter end of this game.

Ryastar
11-21-2008, 01:15 PM
Hint 2: would you decide to stay with the dwarven girl and have the 2 artefacts (ale + scope : bonus to archers) - get both beholders - as thei are archers, also they have great abilities, and leave the other 3 slots populated with dwarves (probably alchemists, canoneers, giants... later on you may kick our any of these five units and get green dragons... I would kick out either alchemists or lower beholders... probably lower beholders :) ) and this army will be sufficient till the bitter end of this game.

Yeah, but with only one artifact slot, i can't weild both the ale and the scope, or is my memory serving me wrong?

Gatts
11-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah, but with only one artifact slot, i can't weild both the ale and the scope, or is my memory serving me wrong?

I believe that artefact can be used instead ring/belt or regalia as well...
[both ale and scope are artefacts]

Ryastar
11-21-2008, 02:26 PM
I believe that artefact can be used instead ring/belt or regalia as well...
[both ale and scope are artefacts]

Yeah, that's only for mages. I can only equip one artifact

TemjinGold
11-21-2008, 02:28 PM
I don't know if it's a bug in my game but I have the scope equipped and my beholder stacks don't benefit from it. All the other "Archer" types get it fine.

Gatts
11-21-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't know if it's a bug in my game but I have the scope equipped and my beholder stacks don't benefit from it. All the other "Archer" types get it fine.

No, you are right, I was wrong (as beholders have "archer" in the description, I assumed they should benefit from the scope and scope+ale critical effect) but now I reviewed the translated fan manual and there are only these units that can benefit from these:

Skeleton Archer, Bowman, Canoneer, Goblin Catapult, Elf, Hunter, Goblin.
(Only for a subject the Optical sight and the complete set of Archer’s Commander)